BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Local Items: What's going on with Divi Dive?
Bonaire Talk: Local Items: Archives: Archives - 2008: What's going on with Divi Dive?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ralph (BonaireTalker - Post #20) on Sunday, June 8, 2008 - 9:03 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Has anyone used the Divi Dive for any boats dives lately? I have heard that there are many new dive masters. Can they find the good stuff-seahorses and frog fish? Going later this month.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Gould*** (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1617) on Sunday, June 8, 2008 - 9:08 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Ralph, DM's are almost always local. It doesn't make a difference where they work they dive the same sites all the time... Ron

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denise K ** Bonaire trip June 08 (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1921) on Sunday, June 8, 2008 - 9:22 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

If this is correct, I'd be interested in if any of the old dm's are gone, replaced by the new? I understand that Lutty is now with Capt. Don's. So, that is where we are going for any boat dives we decide to do on our next trip in June/July.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By April (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #214) on Sunday, June 8, 2008 - 2:21 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Ralph, my husband just used Divi Dive for boat dives at the beginning of May this year. The divemasters did point out a seahorse and a frogfish. But as one of the local snorkel guide told me, nobody can produce a specific fish on demand ... it is chance, being in right place at right time ... but knowing where to look does help.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Judy Workman (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #101) on Monday, June 9, 2008 - 8:52 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

There are a few new divemasters; two of which I know are from other island shops and were very competent (We saw frog fish and seahorses with them as well). One DM was young and learning very quickly; Orlando has taken him under his wing. The shop is still as good as ever and they were running 5 boats the first week we were there in May. The second week was quieter, so not as many "new" faces were needed. Lutty has moved to Captain Don's but the regulars are still there.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration