BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Local Items: Just robbed in Bonaire
Bonaire Talk: Local Items: Archives: Archives 2007: Archives - 2007-07-01 to 2007-12-31: Just robbed in Bonaire
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Karen McNamara (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Tuesday, October 30, 2007 - 10:25 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I am here for my 4th time. I just love the diving. I was robbed while sleeping yesterday morning. They took all my money, camera and cell phone. They broke in my window and left through the door, which had a secured dead bolt and chain. The window is at least 8 feet off the ground. They used a chair from the patio next door. My pocket book was taken outside and dumped. I have recollection of waking, man leaning over me and covered my mouth so I could not scream. then deep sleep until the alarm went off at 6:30. Women Police that arrived 1 1/2 hr later uncaring and very cold. Treated me like criminal. Typed police report lacked details of hand on mouth etc. I am offended by this. I asked (they did not offer) to speak with Criminal Help counselor who was very helpful and empathetic. Be aware.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vince DePietro (Bellevue Condos ) (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1132) on Wednesday, October 31, 2007 - 6:27 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I really don't understand why it takes a negative event to provide the impetus for someone to post on this forum for the first time. Since Karen indicated she was a multi repeat visitor to the island, one would logically conclude that she had many pleasurable experiences in the past which justified her returning four times. But alas, no postings on the good things. OK, just an observation in reading these types of "first" postings on BT. That's my 2c worth.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin de Weger (Moderator - Post #69) on Tuesday, January 1, 2008 - 1:33 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We have received a copy of the police report and reïnstated the posting.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By marg neal (BonaireTalker - Post #14) on Tuesday, January 1, 2008 - 5:20 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Karen, was the window locked? Did they break it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Reem (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2669) on Tuesday, January 1, 2008 - 10:13 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

(Message edited by glenr on January 1, 2008)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By YucatanPat (BonaireTalker - Post #87) on Tuesday, January 1, 2008 - 11:48 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Crap, not the post I wanted to read tonight to start the new year. PLEASE note the date of this post, and that this person has not logged back on since 10/31/2007. Karen, you still out there, I for one would like to know more facts. I do not doubt this report, but the police have made several arrests since this original post date. I just hope one of the scum they caught recently was this person also.

Vince, I hear you, but this is a free and open forum. Just be sure to post a few pics of that new condo along with your trip report soon!

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration