BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Local Items: Elephant and Bear loose on Bonaire
Bonaire Talk: Local Items: Archives: Archives 2005 - 2006: Archives - 2006-03-01 to 2006-07-31: Elephant and Bear loose on Bonaire
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Geoffrey Everett (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #4) on Wednesday, June 21, 2006 - 9:01 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Our elephant (Edward/Eddie) and our bear (Bear) have gone missing on Bonaire. They are both extremely friendly and snuggle well also so I don't forsee any danger, but my wife and I are desperate to help them find their way home. We have been to Bonaire 8 times since 2001 and love the island. Unfortunately, on our most recent visit (June 3 - June 10, 2006) our most loved travelling companions of 20 years seem to have wandered off from their chairs on our porch while we were diving. We stayed at Buddy Dive and on June 8th found our friends missing when we returned from our morning dives. Despite our best efforts find them were had to leave the island without them. We don't know if they are still on Bonaire, but would greatly appreciate any help in finding them. We are happy to provide plane fare home and even a reward. We love these guys and they are greatly missed. Any help that can be given will be appreciated. I have included our best pictures of them below:

c:\My documents\My Pictures\eddie&bear\eddie&bear.utila.jpg {The guys together}

c:\My Documents\My Pictures\eddie&bear\bear01.jpg {Bear alone}

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl Pflanzer (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #292) on Wednesday, June 21, 2006 - 9:26 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Pics didn't come through... how many seats does an elephant and a bear require on an airplane?

Carl

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Geoffrey Everett (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #5) on Wednesday, June 21, 2006 - 9:49 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Our elephant (Edward/Eddie) and our bear (Bear) have gone missing on Bonaire. They are both extremely friendly and snuggle well also so I don't forsee any danger, but my wife and I are desperate to help them find their way home. We have been to Bonaire 8 times since 2001 and love the island. Unfortunately, on our most recent visit (June 3 - June 10, 2006) our most loved travelling companions of 20 years seem to have wandered off from their chairs on our porch while we were diving. We stayed at Buddy Dive and on June 8th found our friends missing when we returned from our morning dives. Despite our best efforts find them were had to leave the island without them. We don't know if they are still on Bonaire, but would greatly appreciate any help in finding them. We are happy to provide plane fare home and even a reward. We love these guys and they are greatly missed. Any help that can be given will be appreciated. I have included our best pictures of them below:

c:\My Documents\My Pictures\eddie&bear\eddie&bear.utila.jpg
c:\My Documents\My Pictures\eddie&bear\bear01.jpg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Grasshopper (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #18511) on Wednesday, June 21, 2006 - 10:47 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Geoffrey, I find it appauling that someone would take them while they were relaxing and you were diving. We have "Turtle Turtle" who travels all over the world with us (he's been to Bonaire twice, Puerto Rico, Florida, New Mexico, and Hawaii) and I would be devestated if someone nabbed him!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Geoffrey Everett (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #6) on Wednesday, June 21, 2006 - 11:33 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks for your thoughts. What is totally ridiculous is that they were wearing hats, sunglasses and reading books, but all of those things were left behind. I agree, I have no idea who would be so heartless to abduct the only things of those that we care about. We can only hope that someone has seen them around the island. Our fingers are crossed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lorraine Meadows (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1051) on Thursday, June 22, 2006 - 9:28 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

If anyone finds your friends I will gladly bring them back to the states for you.(or send them wherever).
I will ask Michael Gaynor from ChatNBrowse if you can leave a message for me about them with him about your friends(maybe a word that they can be left there with no questions asked might help). and will make sure they get back to you. Cann't figure why anyone would take them(they are clearly personal friends), except maybe a child.
I'll be on the look out for them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rosanne (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #331) on Thursday, June 22, 2006 - 11:09 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Poor Elephant and Bear, I hope hey are not being mistreated. Perhaps a lonely child has them and is giving them lots of love. If anyone else has them they are ruthless, uncaring souls and need to return them right now! We have a gnome (my kids named him Gnomey) that travels with us sort of as a guide and good luck charm, I would be heart broken if he were to go missing. Good luck for a happy return.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By wish I had gills (BonaireTalker - Post #60) on Thursday, June 22, 2006 - 4:19 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hello Geoffry, Sorry to read about how you lost edward and bear. If you want to i can make a poster (a4) and hang them at the sale/info boards at the supermarkets, so more people on bonaire can help looking for them. I could use your text above and the pics, just let me know.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jon (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #101) on Friday, June 23, 2006 - 6:11 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

That's just cruel, man. Just cruel! (Say it like Jim Coburn in Payback after having his luggage shot, then you'll get it.)

Give the needle to them who steals peacefully vacationing Edwards and Bears.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Geoffrey Everett (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #7) on Friday, June 23, 2006 - 9:50 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Much thanks to "wish I had gills", Lorraine Meadows and Michael Gaynor. With their help it looks like we will be putting out a poster on Bonaire to help locate the elephant and bear, having Michael at Chat 'n' Browse act as the drop off point and then having Lorraine or Michael help get the guys back to the US. I'm currently working on the poster layout and will probably email it to "wish I had gills" on Sunday. If anyone else has other ideas or any info on the guys whereabouts please feel free to chime in. I keep people informed of any progress.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration