BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Local Items: Klein appartementencomplexje te koop gezocht
Bonaire Talk: Local Items: Archives: Archives 2001- 2004: Archives - 2002-10-18 to 2003-04-30: Klein appartementencomplexje te koop gezocht
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lot (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Sunday, March 30, 2003 - 3:11 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hallo allemaal,
Even voorstellen; Lot is mijn naam(eigenlijk mijn bijnaam, echte naam is Kitty, maar die kon ik niet meer gebruiken, hier :-) ) en na jaren plannen maken en dromen gaan wij nu toch binnen niet al te lange tijd naar Bonaire emigreren. We zijn al bezig met makelaars en komen in juli 3 weken naar Bon. om te kijken naar interessant onroerend goed, maar toch wilde ik nog proberen hier eens te vragen of iemand misschien nog een klein app. complexje, "main house" en een paar app. om te verhuren, weet dat misschien gewoon een bord "te koop" in de tuin heeft en (nog) niet bij de makelaar staat? De laatste keer dat wij er waren, zagen we zoveel borden "te koop" of "te huur"!

Als je iets weet, alvast bedankt en tot "meels".

groetjes,
Lot

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jake Richter (Moderator - Post #4142) on Sunday, March 30, 2003 - 4:00 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Lot/Kitty,

I moved your message here from the Getting to Bonaire section.

Generally, houses with extra apartments such as what you're looking for are best found via real estate agents (Makelaars) as there's no other good way to market such specific properties on Bonaire.

There are three main realtors:

http://www.sunbelt.an
http://www.sunrentals.an
http://www.harbourtownbonaire.com

Jake

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lot (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #2) on Sunday, March 30, 2003 - 4:13 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Okay, Jake, thanx! Just asking, 'cause sometimes you find something realy worth while "viavia":-)

Regards,
Lot

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marc @ CrystalVisions (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #931) on Monday, March 31, 2003 - 12:35 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi "Lot" (as there is only one real Kitty [grin]), if you haven't yet, contact Sunbelt via e-mail; they are most helpful in helping you find what you're looking for and also offer a lot of additional info on moving to and living on Bonaire.
When you're here, you can also check out the ads at Cultimara, but it's not often there are houses for sale there, only rentals. Like Jake said, these kinds of property are best sold via agents, after all.

Good luck, and maybe we'll see you in July.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lot (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #3) on Monday, March 31, 2003 - 12:49 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Marc,
yes, I noticed your wife was the one called Kitty too so that I could not get that name registered :-) Shame on her ;-) Never mind, most people call me Lot anyway. My husband tells me that HE thinks there's only one real Kitty too, haha!

Thanx for you advice, but ofcourse we are already very busy talking to Sunbelt as well as to Harbourtown. Going to meet them ofcourse in July. Wasn't sure these kinds of properties are best found with real estates agency;s, so now I know, huh? :-)
And yes, they are very friendly and helpfull indeed!

I read that the two of you have recenlty (?)emigrated to Bonaire as well. Lucky you. I just can't wait! But maybe, if all goes well, we'll be living there in a year or so! Dreamed of it for four years now, and there comes a time when you just have to do it instead of keep dreaming about it.

Do you like it? 'Cause a lot of people warn us, that actually living there is something completely different from vacantion, the island becomes very very small when you live there, they tell us. But we've lost our hearts, it's the only place on earth were we've been on holiday that we actually want to live.

So now in July the time will come to decide, (if we find something that suits us ofcourse!)

So again, thanx for the advice and bye bye for now!

Lot

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lot (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #4) on Monday, March 31, 2003 - 1:03 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Forgot something, Marc:
Are you diving with "green submarine"? 'Cause if so, you will certainly meet Ed, my husband, he wants to dive with them in July. Two years ago he dived with Dive-Inn, and it wasn't untill the last few days of the vacation, he "discovered" Green Submarine, our last saturday on the island he went on a cleaning trip (met Jake;-) ) and he liked it so much, he says he wants no other diving-school anymore. So who knows ;-)

Regards,
Lot

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Linda Richter - NetTech (Moderator - Post #1380) on Monday, March 31, 2003 - 2:25 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

The folks at Green Submarine just let us know that they have officially changed their name to Yellow Submarine. Same phone numbers, same location, etc.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lot (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #5) on Tuesday, April 1, 2003 - 12:37 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanx Linda! Sounds nice; the Yellow submarine, the Yellow submarine, like the Beatles sung!

Lot

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marc @ CrystalVisions (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #936) on Tuesday, April 1, 2003 - 2:42 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I didn't understand why it wasn't called "Yellow" in the first place... :-)

Lot, we love it here. Yes, it's a small island and that can have it's negative aspects (talk goes around so fast you sometimes wonder if anything remains private). But the positive side is that you get to meet and know many people fast and when you go out, there's almost always someone you know. The past 2,5 months have flown by and I for one feel totally at home here.
I don't dive (yet), so no... But there will be other ways to meet, I'm sure :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lot (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #6) on Wednesday, April 2, 2003 - 6:53 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanx for your answer, Mark. Glad to hear you guys like actually living on Bonaire so much!

Looking forward to emigrating there! It's gonna happen, for sure!

bye!(say "hi" to Kitty for me ;-) )

Lot

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mosine (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #8) on Saturday, April 5, 2003 - 7:24 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hello Lot,

It took us a week to decide.... and now being here for 1 year and 8 months....don't regret it...For me, it would be a punishment to go back to Holland....I know some houses which you can buy from owner, but don't know where you're looking for..... and of course maybe they're all ready sold when you get here.

Marc, when are you and Kitty are going to explore and registrate(with your beautiful pictures) the underwater world???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lot (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #7) on Sunday, April 6, 2003 - 7:14 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Mosine,

How nice to hear such positive comments! We could not decide within a week, although the very first step in Bonaire made it clear to us, some strange kind of "coming home" feeling! But still....business, morgage, children, ah....so many strings in Holland! Anyway, what we want in Bonaire is a place with a house for us to live in and a few (2 to 4 ,maybe 5) little appartmens to rent out (long term or tourists) on the same lot. Location is not as important as the property, price, how well maintained etc. So if you know something.......you can always send me a Private Message!

Thanx for your posting and maybe we'll hear from you again!

best regards,
Lot

(Message edited by lot on April 6, 2003)

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration