BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Diving Bonaire: Leaving Tanks in Car
Bonaire Talk: Diving Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2001-09-01 to 2002-05-23: Leaving Tanks in Car
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Gianos on Monday, December 10, 2001 - 2:19 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Heading to Bonaire for our first trip in a little over a week. I know theft from cars can be a problem at dive sites. My question is, if we are doing multiple dives do you have to drive back to the shop between each dive for a fresh tank so you don't risk getting a tank stolen? We are wondering how much driving we will be doing...

Thanks,

Chris

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor on Monday, December 10, 2001 - 4:33 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Tanks are safe since they all are easily identified and hard to conceal. Relax and enjoy yourself.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Todd McBride on Tuesday, December 11, 2001 - 10:33 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

My second trip will be Dec 22. Last year, we drove all over the place (minivan). We would load up 8-10 tanks (for two people) and head out for the day. I island is small, but not that small so we drove all over the place.

Don't worry about the petty theft. The tanks will be fine. We would even leave our change in the ashtray for the "parking fee" which was only collected during our night dives.

Don't leave anything of value in the car! Last year a couple left all their gear overnight in their minivan. They thought it was safe at the resort and only risky at the dive sites. Stupid! Guess what happened....

Don't leave your brain at home. Just use common sense, relax, enjoy, and you will love it.

See you there Dec. 22-30.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Gianos on Tuesday, December 11, 2001 - 12:39 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks for the advice. I kept hearing about petty theft and did know if it applies to tanks or not.

We will be there Dec 21- jan 5 staying at the Flamingo, can't wait.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gordon Brown on Thursday, February 14, 2002 - 7:55 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hello Chris,

I hope your trip went well, and that your tanks were where you left them. I thought I might include the following link for refresher to those considering using tanks that have been left in the sun for any period of time.

http://www.shorediving.com/content/lessons_learned.htm

Gordy

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration