BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Diving Bonaire: Buddy Dive Operation
Bonaire Talk: Diving Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2004-08-15 to 2005-06-05: Buddy Dive Operation
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike & Cathy Bailey (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #8) on Monday, October 4, 2004 - 4:57 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We will be diving with Buddy while in Bonaire. How would you rate their operation? Staff, boats, gear, store ect........... Do they go to the far side of Kline for boat dives. We used Bon Bini Divers last time, great people and overall operation, but the boats were slooooow!
We didn't get to go to sites that were very far away.
Thank you in advance for your help. Mike & Cathy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Phillips (BonaireTalker - Post #85) on Monday, October 4, 2004 - 8:07 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Ah, what the heck; I replied to your post under "Accomodations" so I might as well reply to this one as well!! The dive operation is, in my opinion, quite superb at Buddy Dive. Corinna is the manager, Augusto is her second in command, and Lourdes is always there with a smiling face in the shop (she'll always appreciate a "bon dia" in the morning); any one of them will make sure that all your needs are met. There's not a bad divemaster among them, and Sandra and Murph who have been there forever (it seems) are two great, fun people. The boats vary, but I have gone to the far side of Klein with them. Selecting a site is not always the easiest thing, since each diver, and divemaster sometimes, has their own idea, but they will poll the divers on the boat and ask for suggestions. Don't be afaid to speak up! The gear storage is about as convenient as can be: a large room with pegs on the wall that is locked up at night but can be accessed 24/7 (this will be explained at your orientation). Have a great time! If you have specific questions about the rooms, you can email frontdesk@buddydive.com; for questions about the dive operation, diveshop@buddydive.com.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike & Cathy Bailey (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #10) on Tuesday, October 5, 2004 - 9:56 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks Scott. Keep em coming! thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike & Cathy Bailey (BonaireTalker - Post #20) on Tuesday, October 5, 2004 - 4:06 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Sure would like to hear more about Buddy. Thanks people!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kelly Lott (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1861) on Tuesday, October 5, 2004 - 4:09 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I haven't stayed at Buddy's, but have done diving with them. I love it there. I have eaten at their restaurant, Dock of the Bay, and I highly recommend the mushroom bacon burger... very very good! The diving there is excellent, and easy. We did one boat dive and that's it, but did several shore dives from there. You will love it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mimi ray (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #3) on Sunday, October 10, 2004 - 5:58 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

hey, mike & cathy,
we just got back today and had a wonderful time. we actually stayed at our timeshare at lions dive, (which is right next door to buddy dive), but we used buddy dive's dive shop the whole week because they really impressed us. (we scouted out bon bini and captain don's, but buddy seemed to be the best.) augusto is very knowledgeable, helpful, friendly, etc. they have all the rental equipment you need if any. i'm not sure about their boat dives because we only did shore dives, but i can tell you that their boats always had a LOT more people than bon bini's. they also have a great house reef. we saw octopus, tarpon (charlie) and a seahorse right there on their reef. enjoy!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mel Briscoe (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #4) on Friday, October 29, 2004 - 8:56 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Been to Buddy Dive 8 times, going back at Christmas for trip #9, have already scheduled two more trips next year in May and October. Yes, we like Buddy dive, very much. Great facilities, super people, extremely well organized but they make it seem relaxed and simple. I took two DM candidates there and turned them over to Corinna for a day to let them taste resort operations, from carrying tanks to scrubbing boats to leading dives. Two years later and they are still talking about it. We eat there and other places, but their house restaurant has gotten quite good. Friday night rum punch party and barbeque is a great last night before flying out on Saturday. High class diving right in front. Fast boats. $99 for unlimited nitrox for a week. Pickup truck with the rooms. Ask Scott if people sing Happy Birthday to him at Buddy Dive...
- Mel

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Phillips (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #109) on Saturday, October 30, 2004 - 9:42 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Ah, it was actually a group of folks called Splash Divers led by, ah, um, what was his name, oh yeah, Mel Briscoe, that sang me a rousing chorus of Happy Birthday in 2003. Picture you're eating breakfast on your birthday in the second floor restaurant at Buddy Dive, overlooking the dock, when you suddenly hear your name called, look out on the dock below, and see some fifteen or so folks (mainly guests, but a few Buddy Dive Team members as well) lined up in front of the Harbour Lady dive boat, and they launch into a VERY rousing and enthusiastic rendition of Happy Birthday. Actually, one of the most pleasant birthday surprises I can remember!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott D Jarrell (BonaireTalker - Post #33) on Saturday, October 30, 2004 - 11:45 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Mike and Cathy,
We have stayed at Buddy's 3 times and the Dive Operation is 1st class. The Boats will go where ever the passengers decide, as long as the conditions are good. When we go back for our 4th visit we will definitely use Buddy's!

Scott

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration