BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Diving Bonaire: Buddy Dive Resort
Bonaire Talk: Diving Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2003-05-01 to 2004-02-15: Buddy Dive Resort
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brittany Barrett (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Sunday, August 3, 2003 - 3:52 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hey all! I just got back from Bonaire last week. I stayed at Buddy Dive, and I was wondering if anyone was there who is here, or is anyone going there soon? Im bored and just want to chat...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Botsford (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #264) on Sunday, August 3, 2003 - 4:53 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

let's see, today, monday, tuesday, geez i almost forgot...oh yes, by the way, we will be there wednesday, hope to have faces in the water, about 4:30...hee hee!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brittany Barrett (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #5) on Monday, August 4, 2003 - 10:57 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Have a great time! The staff there is awesome! Alex is one of the best divemasters there. The Rum Punch parties on Friday nights are great too, its a good way to meet other divers at the resort...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kelly Lott (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #469) on Monday, August 4, 2003 - 11:23 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi, Brittany! Welcome to our addiction. I had Alex too as a divemaster and he was great. Our favorite was Martin though.. he did a dive with Cynde and me and videotaped us, it was so much fun! We just got back July 13th.... going back in November.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brittany Barrett (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #6) on Monday, August 4, 2003 - 12:52 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Yeah, Alex is a sweetheart and a great dancer! We went out dancing with him and Rob on our last night. I still keep in touch with them. Martin was also great! He was with me on Town Pier, and showed me the BIGGEST Moray I have ever seen! How long are you staying in Nov?
Brittany

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kelly Lott (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #470) on Monday, August 4, 2003 - 3:01 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We are staying Nov. 20-28th but staying at Divi.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brittany Barrett (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #8) on Monday, August 4, 2003 - 5:58 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Cool, I got home on the 27th of July... but I'm afraid I wont be going back until next year, or even the year after that... Its torture, I have no place to dive here...Have you ever been to Divi? Where is that on the island?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kelly Lott (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #472) on Tuesday, August 5, 2003 - 10:23 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Divi is south of downtown, within walking distance. I stayed there in Oct. of 2000 and really liked it. They have a great dive operation. My past trip was in July, and Cynde Lee and I stayed at Jake and Lindas house while they were off island and took care of their house and pets. We got to dive a lot off their beach, at the Small Wall dive site, site of the underwater webcam. If you go back through the threads around July 5-12th, there are alot of pictures of Cynde and me at the cams. We had a BBQ at Jake and Lindas too and there are some pics from then.

Check out our trip report. (Divas Trip Report, it's in two parts).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Edward Mizell (BonaireTalker - Post #20) on Tuesday, August 5, 2003 - 11:36 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

We were at Buddy Dive the week of July 26-Aug. 2 and had a great time. It was my first trip to Bonaire and the diving was absolutely wonderful. All the folks at Buddy Dive were very nice and tons of fun. The funniest remark I heard on the trip was from Ken, one of the dive masters. He was first in the water on a boat dive, looked down into the water, raised his head and with a straight face exclaimed, "I saw a fish!!!"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brittany Barrett (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #10) on Tuesday, August 5, 2003 - 12:05 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Edward,
Thats neat, I left Buddy on the 25 of July. Ken was great although I only had him on one dive, well two if you count Town Pier, but Martin was my guide on that one. I think the funniest thing I heard was from Bart, when he told me that they wouldn't let him in the water because he scared all the fish away and the visitors complained..or when he grabbed my feet from underneath the Harbor Lady and pulled me into the water, and then came up and told (with a very straight face) that I had to be more careful about the "fin fish" that lived under boats... What boat dives did ya'll do while down there?
Brittany

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brittany Barrett (BonaireTalker - Post #11) on Tuesday, August 5, 2003 - 12:08 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Kelly,
I am hoping to go back to Bonaire as soon as I can, but have very limited means, and although I loved being at Buddy's, I just want to get back to the island. Is Divi's any cheaper, or do you know a cheaper place to stay? I really need some help with this...
Brittany

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Flook (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #158) on Tuesday, August 5, 2003 - 1:09 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

There may be cheaper places in Bonaire. But, you get what you pay for. Buddy is our absolute favorite. We often think that we could save cash by going to another place, but have found the difference not worth it.

Any way, we agree, Buddys is great and so is the entire staff.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brittany Barrett (BonaireTalker - Post #53) on Wednesday, August 6, 2003 - 12:20 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Does anyone know if Alex passed his dive instructors test? He was suppoesd to take a make-up test 2 sundays ago... I haven't heard from him, and Rob is on Holliday in Aruba, so he can't tell me....
Brittany

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration