BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: American Airlines
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 1999-06-02 to 2001-12-31: American Airlines
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Mullett on Wednesday, December 6, 2000 - 2:54 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Below is my answer from American Airlines customer service. It may be window dressing but who knows? If enough people indicated their interest, they may start a flight to Bonaire.

"I've been given your most recent e-mail and have been asked to respond. It is a privilege to do so.

We continually evaluate the profitability of each flight segment we operate and, where appropriate, we withdraw from serving a
particular market when we find our resources could be better utilized elsewhere. Likewise, we add service -- either with new routes or greater frequency -- where it would be profitable to do so
and we have the available equipment and personnel. We have forwarded your suggestion for service to Bonaire to the appropriate management for consideration. Thank you for sharing your perspective with us."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor on Thursday, December 7, 2000 - 9:04 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

With ALM shuttleing passengers from Curacao and Aruba via to Bonaire, American does not have the statistical information showing how many passengers they are loosing by not flying to Bonaire. Wouldn't it be great if a few thousand frends of Bonaire got together and wrote letters to AA, explaing that over 30,000 people would love to use their service and that they would be willing to prepay a rt ticket from Curacao/Aruba to Bonaire as a sign of good faith (under $100).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By thomas brossard on Thursday, December 7, 2000 - 9:30 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I'm not sure what criteria AA uses (exactly) to determine the profitability & viability of their routes, but American Eagle pulled out our airport in Marathon (Florida Keys) despite the fact their planes were (admitted by AA) always full. The rationale they used is not something I understand, but once again, just because it looks like the flights might be full won't be enough for AA...

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration