BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Continental check in time at BON
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 2006-2008: Archives - 2008-03-01 to 2008-12-31: Continental check in time at BON
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By DHook (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #10) on Tuesday, September 30, 2008 - 4:01 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Just wondering what the actual check in time required at the BON airport is for the 6am continental flight to Newark.

Is the counter actually open at 4 am ?

Do I have to have my family with me to check them in, or just their passports ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Stine (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #237) on Tuesday, September 30, 2008 - 8:43 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We get to the airport a little after 0400 and there is usually a line. The counter does open at 4 but island time prevails. I think that TSA rules require the person to accompany the passport. Sometimes you can buy the departure tax before you get your boarding passes, sometimes you can't.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barton Spitz (BonaireTalker - Post #21) on Wednesday, October 8, 2008 - 5:56 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We returned via Newark two weeks ago. We took a taxi from the Habitat to the airport arriving at 4AM. The counter was open and we were the second ones through. The departure tax window opened at 4:15 and security shortly thereafter.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Natalie S (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #160) on Thursday, October 9, 2008 - 9:23 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I've arrived at the airport around 4:30 and there is a line by that time, but it's not that long; plenty of time to get checked in, pay your departure tax, go through security and get a snack before boarding.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration