BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Everything Else Bonaire: Pronounciation
Bonaire Talk: Everything Else Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999 - 2004: Archives - 2002-03-27 to 2002-12-01: Pronounciation
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russ Coash on Monday, April 29, 2002 - 1:04 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

what is the correct pronounciation for "bonaire" - i have heard it pronounced a couple of ways: Bownair (as in bow and arrow) and Bahnaire (as in ahhhh)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jake Richter - NetTech on Monday, April 29, 2002 - 10:04 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I pronounce it "Bonn-air" :-)

Jake

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darryl Vleeming on Monday, April 29, 2002 - 10:51 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

OK,
So what's the correct pronuciation for curacao?

Darryl

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Linda Richter - NetTech on Monday, April 29, 2002 - 11:24 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

cure - ah - sow

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darryl Vleeming on Monday, April 29, 2002 - 11:27 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks Linda,
I never did know is the second c was hard or soft.

DArryl

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darryl Vleeming on Monday, April 29, 2002 - 11:36 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

OK,
Here's another one: Kralendijk.

Darryl

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Meryl Virga on Monday, April 29, 2002 - 1:17 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I'll try my hand at this one... Cry Len Deek
:)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Linda Richter - NetTech on Monday, April 29, 2002 - 2:07 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Mine comes out something like crawl-en-dike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JL Smith on Monday, April 29, 2002 - 4:15 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I asked that same question last week and Martin sent a .wav file with the way the Dutch pronounce it. See Where's Everybody From" in this thread, 4/26/02 4:05PM.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By seb schulherr on Tuesday, April 30, 2002 - 8:15 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

You guys are good! How about this oone, I was always orally challenged by?

Mr. Mxyzptlk

2 points if you know who he is....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freddie Hughes on Tuesday, April 30, 2002 - 8:37 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Wilhelm Von Humboldt,aka Solomon Grundy...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freddie Hughes on Tuesday, April 30, 2002 - 8:42 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

He knew Supermans secret...

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration