BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Everything Else Bonaire: Micheal Gayner
Bonaire Talk: Everything Else Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999 - 2004: Archives - 2004-09-01 to 2004-12-31: Micheal Gayner
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Mehl (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Friday, October 15, 2004 - 5:51 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

A very long time observer, this is my first posting. We have been going to Bonaire for yearly visits for quite some time, but this last trip was an emotional roller coaster. Our 4 month old grandson went into the hospital the day after we left for Bonaire. His condition worsened and he was transferred to Riley Children's Hospital in Indianapolis. Our daughter was frantic, she had to talk to her mom. There were major decisions to be made on various test to be preformed some of which could lead to dire if not fatal results. I remembered about Chat N Browse and we went to talk to Michael about getting a cell phone. He was fantastic and his service is superb. Michael, please accept our truly heartfelt appreciation for the excellent care and concern for us. We're back home and waiting for all the results, but for now our grandson is home and doing well.Thanks, Becky and Brian.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gregg Babcock (BonaireTalker - Post #43) on Friday, October 15, 2004 - 6:23 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Brian, I hope things remain ok with your grandson. & we will second that - MICHAEL IS GREAT.

Gregg & Debbie Babcock

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Israel A. Sanchez (BonaireTalker - Post #78) on Friday, October 15, 2004 - 7:17 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Ditto! Mike Rocks! Coach Izzy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barbara Leary (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6667) on Friday, October 15, 2004 - 10:40 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I agree, Michael has a great business, is very knowledgeable and between himself and his staff provide a great support system for us mainlanders! You're the tops, Michael! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole Baker (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4219) on Saturday, October 16, 2004 - 12:07 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

He's a sweetheart, for sure! (Michael, that is!)

Brian, Hope your grandson is coming along fine and that all tests will be negative for him and for those who love him, as well. Carole and Joe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gregg brewer (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #633) on Saturday, October 16, 2004 - 7:35 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

careful folks... Michael will get the big head

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1808) on Saturday, October 16, 2004 - 9:30 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Gregg you still upset re missing rum????!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Linda Stoltzfus (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #348) on Saturday, October 16, 2004 - 12:44 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Michael definitely has a Big Heart !

Last April, Megan brought a friend with her to Bonaire for two weeks. After a week or so she was feeling quite lonesome for her family...emails just weren't cutting it. So we got a phone and a few minutes from Michael so she could call home. She was so excited until the only one home was her younger brother..which was OK but NOT the same as talking to her mom or dad. She cried. Michael let her borrow the phone overnight so she could make contact and her spirits were raised for the rest of the trip.

Michael's a great guy and has such a nice shop besides the Internet part. Lots of gift items. And Megan always looks forward to her almost nightly visits to Instant Message her friends..."Can we go see Michael now?" :-):-)

Brian,
Glad to hear your grandbaby is doing better. What a stressful time being so far away.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike & Cathy Bailey (BonaireTalker - Post #30) on Saturday, October 16, 2004 - 2:03 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We used Michael's services for a cell phone and computer time uploading digital photos. He was very generous with his time helping me learn the system.
Thanks Mike. See you soon with some San Francisco Bagels

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gregg brewer (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #635) on Saturday, October 16, 2004 - 4:35 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Michael,

I thought I left 4 bottles of Chevas(?) for your protection...or have I had too many rums' ha ha
You didn't respond to my email?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1810) on Sunday, October 17, 2004 - 8:49 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Greg, I did reply...I was waitng for your spead sheet...E mail me our phone #

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Margarite Hix (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #2) on Sunday, October 17, 2004 - 10:41 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

HI, Michael!! Remember me?

Yep! Chat n Browse is The Place .
MArgarite

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1811) on Sunday, October 17, 2004 - 11:51 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Yes....of course. Thanks for the kind words. Gregg...Chevas is rot gut...now if was glen fiddich...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #689) on Sunday, October 17, 2004 - 1:49 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Michael

Glenfiddich is a very weak on the peat side, have you tried Lagavulin or Springbank? I still have a sealed bottle of Green Springbank cask strength that I can't open as it is for a special occasion, this was accidently matured in a rum cask with brass screws - hence the green, it also has a rum side taste.

I will try and have something decent to share when we return at Christmas along with the Walkers

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gregg brewer (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #636) on Sunday, October 17, 2004 - 2:25 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Brian,

would you bring me a 12 pak of miller lite...that is real champagne

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #690) on Sunday, October 17, 2004 - 2:46 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Gregg

I remember Freddie brought you a six pack last year - surely you must have some left?

I am afraid Whisky, Stilton cheese and Walkers shortbread are already prebooked for distribution to the locals.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gregg brewer (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #637) on Sunday, October 17, 2004 - 4:38 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Brian,

Yep, Freddie brought me beer last year...I will be eternally grateful...however, that was then, this is now....always looking for someone to keep me in my good habits...hmm, where will you guys be staying? I've been known to drink a little whiskey and eat a little cheese

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1813) on Sunday, October 17, 2004 - 5:11 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Ah! a wee bit of the Cardu is all I can find...in addiiion the bottle of the 15 year old Glen Fiddich I have in the back room

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration