BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Everything Else Bonaire: Cell phone / computers
Bonaire Talk: Everything Else Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999 - 2004: Archives - 2003-04-30 to 2004-02-25: Cell phone / computers
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Bailey (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #6) on Saturday, October 11, 2003 - 6:14 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I will be using a digital camera set up for underwater photography. Any ideas on digital photo storage. Thinking about using a usb jump drive. Are there any places to rent computer time? We also need to rent a cell phone that we can use to call the States. Thank you for your help. Mike & Cathy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freddie Hughes (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4244) on Saturday, October 11, 2003 - 9:16 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Chat and Browse next to Lovers Ice cream!! Say Hi to Michael and being him some Folgers Red!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Bailey (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #8) on Monday, October 13, 2003 - 3:59 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

How do I get hold of him and are we talking american coffee here?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole Baker (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2701) on Monday, October 13, 2003 - 7:44 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Here is a link to Michael's place, Chat n Browse. And Yes...this is where you would bring the Folgers Red, NY Times and bagels, if you have them! LOL. Michael loves them all. Give him a hug for me, too! Thanks. Carole

http://www.infobonaire.com/chatnbrowse/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Bailey (BonaireTalker - Post #12) on Monday, October 13, 2003 - 9:02 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks Carole, I will bring him some of that exotic folgers coffee, I think safeway carries it in the fine foods section! Do they have bagels in Bonaire?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole Baker (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2705) on Tuesday, October 14, 2003 - 9:07 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Mike, I don't think there is anything on Bonaire that would pass for a "real" bagel! LOL. Thus, the craving for them at Michael's house and the Richter's place on occasion, too. If you live in an area where they have "real" bagels and have room in your bags they would be well received on Bonaire! We usually put some into a large zip lock baggie and bring them down. No onion or garlic, as I recall.

If not, don't fret....if you can swing the Folgers Red he will be ecstatic!

If you want to rent a cellphone while you are on the island you could email him ahead of time to reserve one. He has a great deal on the cells and the prepaid cards.

His shop has beautiful local artists' works as well as many other wonderful treats. I go nuts in there every time we visit Michael. I am still framing artwork from our last trip in May/June! Carole

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole Baker (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2706) on Tuesday, October 14, 2003 - 9:09 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Mike, where is Woodland? Closer to the top or the bottom or in the middle? California is another one of our favorite spots in the world. We are overdue for a trip out West again...wish we had more time off from work to visit all the places we would love to explore and revisit. Carole

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Bailey (BonaireTalker - Post #15) on Wednesday, October 15, 2003 - 10:47 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Woodland is 12 miles NE of Sacramento. 1.5 hours to Tahoe (snow) and about 1.5 hours to San Francisco and the beach. Great to be here except our politics. lol

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole Baker (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2710) on Wednesday, October 15, 2003 - 1:37 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Mike, sounds like the perfect spot to be in to hit Tahoe, Yosemite and SF.....those are spots we do love to see. Love going up the Coast north of SF, too. Especially Pt. Reyes National Seashore. All eyes seem to be trained on Caleeforneea lately. LOL! Carole

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration