BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Everything Else Bonaire: April Visitors - Updated List
Bonaire Talk: Everything Else Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999 - 2004: Archives - 2002-12-02 to 2003-04-29: April Visitors - Updated List
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carol Eddy (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #344) on Sunday, March 23, 2003 - 9:30 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Here is the most up to date info I have on April visitors......some folks are already there! Anyone else?

Joe and Mary Bannan - March 21 – April 9 – Lagoen Hill

Gregg Brewer March 28 – May 5 – Divi

Mark & Patty Orlovsky and John & Nancy(Patty’s parents) March 29-April 9–Crown Courts

Dave Flook (two adults, one 6-year old boy) – March 31- April 11

Jake & Linda Richter- April 1 to April 17 and then April 28 until July 4th.

Bill & Cheryl Hall and daughter, Ginny April 2-9 – Sand Dollar

Marty & Debbie Roddy and children - April 4-18 – Belnem

Tom and Becky Starkweather April 5th - May 3rd

Linda & Al Stoltzfus and children (adult) - April 7-21 – Capt. Don’s

Paul and Mrs. Galaspie & sons (ages 16, 14, 8) & family friend (female age 16) April 10 -22 - Sand Dollar

Carol & Bruno Eddy - April 12-19 – Plaza

Tom & Sue Erhard and son (age 12) – April 16-23 – Plaza

Maggie and Annie Phelan April 19-26 - house in Belnem

Philip and Mary Wansley April 23 – May 3 – Capt. Don’s

Gail & Bob Currie and Judy Mitchell & Bill Myette and Bob & Beth Merrill - April 26 – May 10

Lee and Maria da Silva April 26 – May 3 – Plaza

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1042) on Monday, March 24, 2003 - 7:09 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

LOL Jake and Linda, I arrive when u leave in April and same for July, as I arrive the 4th..too funny..well, I know I will see u all soon enough.
Great April list..Becky and Tom are the luckiest...a full month..NICE

:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Karin van Veen (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #6) on Monday, March 24, 2003 - 9:39 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I will be there with my husband Fred and two friends from april 5 to april 12, staying at Lagoen Hill.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marc @ CrystalVisions (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #911) on Monday, March 24, 2003 - 10:01 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

We're here always :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gail Currie (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #444) on Monday, March 24, 2003 - 6:53 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Is the a BT'er get together planned for late April early May? Per the list we are there 4/26 to 5/10

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jake Richter (Moderator - Post #4121) on Monday, March 24, 2003 - 9:50 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Other than the Tuesday nights at Gibi's appearing to become a regular weekly event, not that I'm aware of... You could always plan and instigate something different :-)

Jake

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1046) on Tuesday, March 25, 2003 - 9:00 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I LOVE Giby's so much. Am there once a week for lunch or dinner but the large numbers for BT dinners steer me away..although I LOVE Jake's parties...man, those are FUN!

I had suggested we pursue another spot when the group list is over 20. You see, I personally think it's hard for Giby's to manage such numbers..I could be wrong.

Jake, Michael and I had found another local spot but we have nixed that idea due to less than wonderful food.

I have always thought it might be nice to spread our smiling faces around..Maybe Rendezvous? Marcel and his crew are great. The only thing I dislike is when there is a smoker since the place is enclosed.

It's my thoughts and we could secure several tables...

Another idea is Mangoes..pool side??

Not to forget anyone but those are two ideas..where there are many more..

Annie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carolyn McGinnis (BonaireTalker - Post #13) on Tuesday, March 25, 2003 - 1:02 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

A group of 12 from the Tampa/Clearwater area will be on the island July 5 - 12.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jake Richter (Moderator - Post #4123) on Tuesday, March 25, 2003 - 2:39 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Annie,

I would think that Bonaire's restaurants would be happy to solicit the regular business that BT dinners and BTer dining recommendations produce. Of course, my several efforts to encourage them to do something special for BTers have not met with success. Gibi's works because its inexpensive, outdoors, and offers local food, I think...

Jake

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1048) on Tuesday, March 25, 2003 - 4:47 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Oh I see, Jake. Well, Gibi's is one of my favs...I was there Dec. 24th with a group and was itching for some red wine. He went out Xmas eve and came back with a lovely bottle..how accommodating...

I miss his goat..

:-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Reem (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1375) on Tuesday, March 25, 2003 - 7:03 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Jake,

Have you tried having Bt'ers appear and have dinner, to show the effects, and then, suggesting 'something special' for the future?? If two or three restaurants were 'given the treatment', shown first hand, it might have more effect.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carol Eddy (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #346) on Wednesday, March 26, 2003 - 7:42 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I am a vegetarian and I am not sure that Gibi's has anything I would be able to eat......I am looking forward to trying Garden Cafe since I have read so many good reviews on it. I know they recently moved....is the new place big?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jake Richter (Moderator - Post #4126) on Wednesday, March 26, 2003 - 8:36 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Glen,

I don't see any incentive to move from Gibi's and try some other place just to give someone else a shot at the dinners (and mind you, I didn't start the dinners at Gibi's - Josie did - they appear to now be a tradition).

Carol - Garden Cafe is now much larger, but they have this annoying neon sign (largest one on Bonaire) on top of the building promoting grilled food and pizza. Weird. Same food as in old place is still offered however - and Raj and his wife still preside over the restaurant, so the quality is still excellent. In terms of vegetarian fare at Gibi's - Rice & Creole Sauce and Red beans are options. Gibi's been able to handle vegetarians so far.

Jake

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Reem (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1376) on Wednesday, March 26, 2003 - 6:46 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Jake,

As it will be. My question was addressed to your '..several solicitations..' note above.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gregg brewer (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #209) on Thursday, March 27, 2003 - 9:47 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Anybody think of approaching Buddy Dive for a BT dinner....they hold a barbecue on Fri nite where they set up outside at the bar (ocean front)... lot of room for mingling... or simply suggest a BT meeting on their regular Fri nite....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By suz hayward morrison (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #10) on Tuesday, April 8, 2003 - 8:18 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Jake and Ann, I'll be on Bonaire April 30th till May 15th. Unfortunately (or not) I'm coming alone because friends and family couldn't get away at this time. Will there be a dinner at Gibis on May 5th? Like to put some faces on these Bonaire Talkers! Suz

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jake Richter (Moderator - Post #4184) on Tuesday, April 8, 2003 - 11:10 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Suz,

As long as there are people from BT willing to meet on Tuesdays at 6:30pm for dinner each week, there will be BT dinners :-) I'm certainly game for May 5th!

Jake

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By sherry baker (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #459) on Tuesday, April 8, 2003 - 12:04 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

barry and i just made our vacation plans for 2 weeks in november... can hardly wait.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By suz hayward morrison (BonaireTalker - Post #13) on Tuesday, April 8, 2003 - 1:51 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Now my next question Jake,
I'm staying at the Eden resort. Where is Gibis and can I walk there? I'll be wandering around all week tho, so I'm sure I'll spot it. Haven't decided when I will want to rent a vehicle as of yet. Suz

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gail Currie (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #473) on Tuesday, April 8, 2003 - 2:53 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hey guys the 5th is Monday - I hope everyone means the 6th? We plan to be there on the 6th and possibly April 29th.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By suz hayward morrison (BonaireTalker - Post #14) on Tuesday, April 8, 2003 - 4:04 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

My mistake. You're right it's the 6th. I'll also be there for the 13th.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jake Richter (Moderator - Post #4195) on Wednesday, April 9, 2003 - 12:34 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Suz,

It would be about a 40 minute walk, I guess. But, since Eden Beach is on our way down, we could probably pick you up (might be a bit early if the kids are going since, we'd have to pick up my daughter from Taekwando at 6:00 near Gibi's).

Call us at 717-6773 that day if you still need a ride.

Jake

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By suz hayward morrison (BonaireTalker - Post #15) on Thursday, April 10, 2003 - 3:14 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Jake, That's a really nice offer to pick me up and I may just call if I haven't rented a car by then. Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carol-Ann Baker (BonaireTalker - Post #11) on Friday, April 11, 2003 - 10:07 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Carol Ann Baker, Ed and Abby (7 year old) at the Plaza Resort 4/19-4/26.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration