BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Accommodations: What ever happened to...
Bonaire Talk: Accommodations: Archives: Archives 2000 to 2006: Archives - 2001-07-12 to 2002-10-06: What ever happened to...
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthony Cooper on Saturday, March 16, 2002 - 8:46 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

..Bonaire Beach Bungalows? Our last trip to Bonaire was, alas, just before the "Big One"...we left the island only three days before it hit. While we are anxious to get back (later this year for sure)we are curious about BBB. One of the couples that were there at the same time, and who left AFTER the wave hit, told us about the immediate damage; but BBB had been sold (or was in the process) and was slated to be torn down to make way for new construction. Anything there now? (I'm sure that at best there may be a vacant lot...) They weren't the Ritz, but we loved the convenience, the garage full of "help yourself" bottles, etc. We're also planning to stay at the BelMar Apts on our return unless anyone has other suggestions. We've made seven trips to Bonaire and rented waterfront "villas" each time...and we are, needless to say, creatures of habit. What news? What suggestions?

Thanks and looking forward to our return trip.

Tony (& LG)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Huff on Saturday, March 16, 2002 - 11:14 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Tony...we also used to stay at BBB, it has been torn down and replaced by "Bellafonte Chateau de la Mer" (www.belbonaire.com). Since BBB was taken down we have stayed twice at BelMar and will be going back again this June...if you decide on BelMar you will be very happy with the accommodations and the dive shop (Toucan). Contact Irene or Petra at www.belmar-bonaire.com.

Enjoy your return trip, Roger & Karen Huff

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthony Cooper on Saturday, March 16, 2002 - 2:43 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Roger - Thanks for the info. "Bellafonte" looks just a bit crowded from their site; have you checked them out? Last time out, knowing the BBB was slated for the slag heap we took a look a some of the Belmar units and thought they would be a nice alternative (even though they seemed to lack the "character" of BBB...just a bit too spotless, I think?) At any rate, I think your endorsement is all we need to make Belmar our next "port of call". We won't be on our way down until Oct/Nov, but as is usually the case are looking forward to the trip with great anticipation.
Thanks, again, for your help. I do have to say that I'm somewhat amazed at the speed with which the Chateau went up....wonder what their secret is?

DSAO
Tony and Laurel Cooper

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor on Sunday, March 17, 2002 - 10:09 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

It took two years to build...sort of a speed record for Bonaire. They are quite attractive and definitly up scale.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carolyn Matheson on Tuesday, April 30, 2002 - 2:42 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I'd love to know what happened to Don and Ditta's Leeward Inn! It was pretty spartan, but adequate, the proprietors made us feel like we were family, and Don's pizza was the best on the island. Any news? Obviously, it has been a few years since I've been to Bonaire...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor on Wednesday, May 1, 2002 - 11:14 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Pasa Bon Pizza has replaced Don and Ditta for America style pizzas. Don and Ditte are still here on island. As for inexpensive lodging, look for the Friar's Inn to open in a short time. Check www.friarsinn.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gordon Brown on Friday, May 3, 2002 - 12:47 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I gotta agree with Michael on the pizza. If you are lucky enough to get to Pasa Bon (between town and Sand Dollar) on a night when they have the lobster/garlic pizza, you will find yourself in heaven. Don't be rushed though.

Gordy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gordon Brown on Friday, May 3, 2002 - 12:48 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

PS-Michael, the blue label was awesome. Sorry we couldn't hook up, but I enjoyed your share. Didn't want to corrupt you single malt guys!

Gordy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan on Friday, May 3, 2002 - 6:33 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Ok, I have NO stock in this company but while I enjoy Pasa Bon for sure, I totally LOVE Rum Runners pizza..and the views on the sea are to die for..Annie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor on Friday, May 3, 2002 - 7:12 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Donna & Georgios also have great Pizza!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Linda Richter - NetTech on Friday, May 3, 2002 - 10:02 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Pasa Bon is open Wed-Sun starting around 5pm taking orders, I believe. And of course, my kids love their Hawaiian pizza (ham and pineapple).

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration