BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Accommodations: Which ocean front room is best at Divi?
Bonaire Talk: Accommodations: Archives: Archives 2000 to 2006: Archives - 2005-05-09 to 2005-08-16: Which ocean front room is best at Divi?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kent Gerber (BonaireTalker - Post #13) on Thursday, August 11, 2005 - 4:27 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We will be staying at the Divi the first of Feb. This will be our first trip to Bonaire. We booked a Deluxe Ocean Front room. I didn't know if any one has a room number that would be right over the water. Do we need first or second floor? I don't even know how many floors they have. I just like to see the fish from our balcony or patio. Any advise would be great. I also have Renee lined up to take us snorkling that week. My wife and I are just snorklers and beach bums. I hope that we have picked the right spot. I have read alot of trip reports so this is what we came up with. The Plaza Resort was alot more money for the same week. If Renee is going to take us around snorkling, we probably won't even rent a car. Is Renee right at the Divi? I know its really early yet but you can never be to quick to plan a vacation. Thats what keeps you going. Thanks to everyone that replies to this thread. Kent Gerber

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By MITCH HARRISON (BonaireTalker - Post #17) on Friday, August 12, 2005 - 12:28 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

We've stayed at the Divi on each of our previous trips, and are booked into the Divi again this year. Tried the Plaza and always go back to the Divi. I'd suggest the 2nd. floor. It just seems to me that the ground floor rooms are a bit damp. Anyway, like you, we enjoy the view from the 2nd. floor.
Have a great trip. But then it's not possible to have a bad trip to Bonaire.

Mitch

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By DARLENE ELLIS (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1607) on Friday, August 12, 2005 - 10:35 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Renee lives right next to the Divi. She does pick you up no matter where you are staying. The Woodwind also sails right out of the Divi for a great sail and snorkel. I never rent a car and I am quite happy in that area. It is a beautiful, short walk to town along the ocean!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By T-Shirt Divers John and Sue (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #244) on Friday, August 12, 2005 - 10:44 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Before we bought our Divi timeshare and when we over stay our timeshare week, we book the second floor ocean front rooms esp 201 since it's a corner room. We like the second floor. Before you go, email the front desk @ the Divi in Bonaire with your special requests such as room, refrig etc. The Woodwind sailboat does nice snorkel trips and they pick people up @ the Divi dock. Easy. Renee can easily get you @ the Divi.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Knobler (BonaireTalker - Post #14) on Sunday, August 14, 2005 - 1:23 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I just returned from the Divi and has room #111 on the first floor. I thought it was great and we had no problem with Dampness. You could see the fish right from the balcony and the little crabs all over the rocks. I had initially hoped for a 2nd floor room but I think I would request a 1st floor room again. #111 also was one of the rooms closer to the water. The building juts out after the 1st set of balconies and #111 was the first one after the break. I thought it was a great room. I think you would enjoy either floor.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Roberts (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #9) on Tuesday, August 16, 2005 - 10:08 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Just returned from the Divi this week and would highly suggest the low 200 rooms. We stayed in room 202 which is one room from the corner. Room 201 would be ideal as it is waterfront, 2nd floor and very close to the restaurant and front desk. It was spruced up with fresh paint and an awesome room that looks out to the dive boats. Enjoy your trip!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Iris Rivera (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #8) on Friday, August 26, 2005 - 11:20 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I purchased a packaged from Liberty Travel, standard room. Can I actually choose a room? Is this pertaining for those who choose a room once they arrive?

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration