BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Accommodations: Grocery Store Near Captain Don's?
Bonaire Talk: Accommodations: Archives: Archives 2000 to 2006: Archives - 2004-08-04 to 2005-05-09: Grocery Store Near Captain Don's?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Deborah Lauriano (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Wednesday, January 26, 2005 - 5:55 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Greetings,
Is there a place near Captain Don's to purchase snacks and beer? Walkable or car required?

Thanks!

Debbie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin de Weger (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3785) on Wednesday, January 26, 2005 - 6:05 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Deborah and welcome to BT. There is a supermarket nearby, I don't know what they have. It is about 5 to 10 minutes walk (I think).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freddie Hughes (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5610) on Wednesday, January 26, 2005 - 6:07 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Debbie and Welcome to Bonaire Talk.
Yes there is a small strip mall within walling distance of Capt. Don's there you will find a small grocery store. LOVER"S ice cream and Chat and Browse, where you will meet Michael and you will be able to rent a cell phone if you need one.. Please wear shoes so you don't get any THORNS in you feet, or donkey doo between your toes..:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alan & Joan Zale (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #385) on Wednesday, January 26, 2005 - 6:40 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

The Sand Dollar Grocery Store is located in that the strip mall. Everything you need is there. The owner is Buddy, nice guy. If you send us an e-mail we would be happy to send you a Bonaire suggestion sheet we have put together over the years that has all that info.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Cousino (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1380) on Wednesday, January 26, 2005 - 7:46 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Debbie, Welcome to Bonaire Talk.

For a convenience store Bud stocks a great selection of snacks, sodas, beer etc.. Also, if he does not have what you are looking for he will tell you where you may purchase it. This is Bud.
Bud

And of course as has been mentioned, right next door is Chat N Browse. Michael has a great selection of shirts, cigars, cards, books, etc... His rates on internet access are, I believe the best on Bonaire. Another thing I like is that shoes are optional at Michael's place:-{)} This is Michael.
Michael

And Lover's Ice Cream has some really good ice cream. Sorry no photo of Lover's, had a cone in my hand;-{)}

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kelly Baum (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2249) on Thursday, January 27, 2005 - 12:29 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Good picture of Michael, Tom ! You should have gotten in his bare feet, though... lol

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Deborah Lauriano (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #2) on Thursday, January 27, 2005 - 3:10 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Folks,
Thanks for the great input. I feel like I'm part of the neighborhood already!

Debbie.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freddie Hughes (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5612) on Thursday, January 27, 2005 - 3:28 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

P

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole Baker (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4609) on Friday, January 28, 2005 - 12:03 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I see a facial resemblance to Marlon Brando in Michael's pic! Handsome devil!! Hi ya, Michael....see you soon for a hug in person. Carole

Here's a shot of Renee' (snorkel Renee') and Michael together last June. Love them both to pieces! Two of my favorite people on Bonaire. cb

r and m

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By BEVERLY A FILLIO (BonaireTalker - Post #93) on Friday, January 28, 2005 - 12:16 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

great picture Rene Will see you on sunday with some jerky. Looking good guys

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louise Rozario (BonaireTalker - Post #22) on Friday, January 28, 2005 - 9:50 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

But the parking lot usually has lots more cars than that. Great place to meet people & get all the answers to all of your questions.
Enjoy!
Louise

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #844) on Saturday, January 29, 2005 - 6:47 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

The grocery shop gets lots of visitors

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole Baker (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4619) on Saturday, January 29, 2005 - 6:07 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

He seems to visit Michael's place, too! He's always cruising the shop areas. Sometimes he is "very happy" to see us, too...if you know what I mean! LOL. cb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1889) on Sunday, January 30, 2005 - 9:33 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

HMMMM...Now folks will start to talk....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Reem (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1973) on Sunday, January 30, 2005 - 12:33 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Michael''s 'figure' also has come to resemble 'late Brando'! :–)))

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cynde (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #13041) on Sunday, January 30, 2005 - 1:50 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

LOL Michael (and Glen ;-))

What is the sign by the door next to Buddy, above the "no smoking" sign...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Linda Stoltzfus (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #457) on Sunday, January 30, 2005 - 2:09 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Looks like a Burger and drink to me so...."No food" brought into the store, maybe? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole Baker (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4620) on Sunday, January 30, 2005 - 2:13 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Cynde....I think it is "No Food/Drinks"...looks like a burger and a soda with a straw in it.

It's so good to see those smiling faces, isn't it, guys?! Can't wait to see them in person again soon. Carole

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cynde (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #13043) on Sunday, January 30, 2005 - 7:03 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Linda, Carole, I think you are right....I thought it was an Ugh boot or ski boot, which didn't make sense...LOL! However, why can't you take food or drink into a grocery store?

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration