BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Accommodations: All-Inclusive?
Bonaire Talk: Accommodations: Archives: Archives 2000 to 2006: Archives - 2003-05-01 to 2004-02-12: All-Inclusive?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas D (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Monday, June 23, 2003 - 12:39 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We will be honeymooning in October and are looking for all-inclusive resorts in either,Bonaire,Aruba or Curacao.We understand that these 3 islands are not in the hurracaine belt(who really wants that when they are on vacation)Checked out Aruba and Curacao,(cant seem to find much in Curacao.Maybe We don't know where to look.)and now we are here.We don't dive,inexperienced at snorkeling, have no interest in cooking our own meals and might like a few extra drinks during our stay. So back to the original question,are there any A.I. resorts in Bonaire?
Thanks in advance to all those that respond.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John P. Wahlig (BonaireTalker - Post #95) on Monday, June 23, 2003 - 12:52 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

What are you looking to do for fun on your honeymoon, besides the obvious?

Your answer may determine the best recommendation for you.

Are you looking to sit in a lounge chair and be catered to? Are you looking to go adventuring underwater? Do you like fewer people, more nature? Do you like timeshare salespersons soliciting you?

See what I mean? Provide a little more detail as to why you want all inclusive, I personally have always found that the math is always in their favor, not mine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Linda Richter - NetTech (Moderator - Post #1417) on Monday, June 23, 2003 - 1:58 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We do not have any truely all-inclusive resorts such as a Sandals or Club Med type place. Although some of the resorts do have complete meal plans which may offer drinks with your meals.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas D (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #2) on Monday, June 23, 2003 - 7:41 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We are looking to sit in lounge chairs most if our days,to be catered to?Not sure about that.
We are not into partying,so would like a quiter resort.We don't plan on leaving the resort too often(depending on the exursions available)We just think its easier,no planning,no reseaching restaurants we know nothing about,ect,ect,ect.
What are some of the resorts with meal plans?Interested in those.Does the Plaza offer complete meal plans?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Linda Richter - NetTech (Moderator - Post #1418) on Monday, June 23, 2003 - 9:42 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Plaza Resort does. They have several restaurants - Tipsy seagull, Coconut Crash, Banana Tree and Caribbean Point. Not all are open for every meal.

I think, Divi Flamingo has meal plans - two restaurants and 1 bar - Chibi Chibi, Calabash, Flamingo's Nest

Captain Don's Habitat - 2 restaurants and bar - Rum Runners, Pizza Temple and the Deco Stop.

Other ones to check are Buddy Dive and Lions Dive.

Some other places might have just breakfast plans.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John P. Wahlig (BonaireTalker - Post #96) on Tuesday, June 24, 2003 - 8:29 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I could live on the Chibi Chibi's cheeseburgers, so could my wife. If you want quite, then I would not recommend Aruba - too many tourists, salespeople and younger kids. Bonaire is for diving (and relaxing).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Linnea Wijkhof-Wimberly (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #509) on Tuesday, June 24, 2003 - 1:20 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Read the Dining thread, that will tell everything you would want to know about the places to eat on Bonaire. The island is not so big that you could see just about everything in one day if you don't stop to snorkel at too many yellow stones (dive/snorkel site markers). Divi is the closest place to town without being in town. If you want to, you can walk to most places for dinner or lunch. The plan that includes breakfast only is the best way to go no matter where you stay.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1160) on Tuesday, June 24, 2003 - 9:04 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hmm..let's talk burgers, John! I think City's are decent..how good are Chibi's? Mercy likes the burgers at Lions Den.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole Baker (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2449) on Tuesday, June 24, 2003 - 11:46 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi, guys.....Don't forget the burgers at Mango's, too! Outrageous stuff! Carole

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John P. Wahlig (BonaireTalker - Post #97) on Wednesday, June 25, 2003 - 11:58 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Ann:

I stay at the Lion's Dive and had their burgers too, but the Chibi Chibi cheeseburger was consistently the best. Never tried City Cafe's. (Or Mango's, never been there.)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lee Cuevas (BonaireTalker - Post #22) on Friday, June 27, 2003 - 12:21 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I realize this is a Bonaire board but a all inclusive site on Curacaou is really nice. Check out www.sunsetwaters.com

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration