BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Accommodations: Beach towels...?
Bonaire Talk: Accommodations: Archives: Archives 2000 to 2006: Archives - 2003-05-01 to 2004-02-12: Beach towels...?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark James (BonaireTalker - Post #12) on Wednesday, May 14, 2003 - 3:32 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We will be leaving for Bonaire in a week and will be staying at Buddy's. My friends want to bring beach towels with them and I am thinking there will be plenty of towels there for us.

Does anyone bring there own towels?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Linnea Wijkhof-Wimberly (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #488) on Wednesday, May 14, 2003 - 7:06 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I take some of the thin and cheap beach towels down as they are good for drying off with without dragging the big ones on the boat deck or in the sand. I don't know about Buddy's, but Divi supplies beach towels, one per person, and you can exchange them anytime you want for clean ones.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By PW Claus (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #2) on Thursday, May 15, 2003 - 2:06 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Buddy Dive does supply you with one beach towel per day. However, what with taking several swims/snorkels per day and at least one shower per day, you'll want to have your own towel as well. I would bring one of those new camping towels which weigh almost nothing and dry very quickly. I can't remember the name of those right now, but they're in all the outdoor/boating supply stores now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By PW Claus (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #3) on Tuesday, May 20, 2003 - 4:52 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I finally was able to find the "Packtowl" online. It is offered by REI Sports, a very reputable American company. Their website is rei.com and if you type in "Towel" under their search box you will find it. They offer all sizes of these towels, from the large bath towel at $29.95 on down. They weigh almost nothing and dry very quickly.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark James (BonaireTalker - Post #19) on Tuesday, May 20, 2003 - 6:28 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks, I will go there this afternoon and see if they have any in stock.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Deborah Fulton (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #124) on Tuesday, May 20, 2003 - 7:23 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

One of my favorite items to take whenever I go diving is a sport towel. Which is another name for a chamois. I got mine at Target for about $4 and they came in purple, blue and yellow. I've seen them in dive shops too. And if you can't find one just go to the auto section and buy a chamois. It's definitely better than wet towels. You just keep wringing it out and drying off. It works really well. Try it, you'll like it. Debbie

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration