BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Accommodations: Divi rooms??
Bonaire Talk: Accommodations: Archives: Archives 2000 to 2006: Archives - 2003-05-01 to 2004-02-12: Divi rooms??
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Bailey (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #3) on Saturday, May 3, 2003 - 10:09 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Could not get an ocean front room at Divi for December, weird, heh? Had to settle for a studio. Is the studio or the newly redone garden rooms the best choice? Also, does anyone know who the dive operators are at Divi. Thanks again, Mike & Cathy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jane Marie Garchinsky (BonaireTalker - Post #21) on Sunday, May 4, 2003 - 9:57 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

We stayed at the Divi Flamingo in March, did the morning two tank boat dives with Divi Dive. They were awesome. Seems like we did all the reefs that were in great shape. Small Wall, Bonaventure, Red Slave, Salt Pier and many Northern Sites too. The boat board at the dive shop would have sign ups the night before, so you could tell which boats were on the full side. One boat would have a planned site and the other would be captain's choice (majority rule usually). Always back by 11:45. The dive shop is well stocked. If you dive with the short tanks just make sure you indicate that on the sign up board and they make sure you have it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Shelly Adamie (BonaireTalker - Post #29) on Sunday, May 4, 2003 - 10:09 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Mike,
We dove with the dive operation at Divi last year. I think they are Divi Dive. We have nothing but great things to say about them. The dive masters were great and they were willing to take us where we wanted to dive. There were always plenty of tanks available for diving off of their dock, which is a great dive or for loading up and taking with us. They have a dive shack where you can store your gear. The guard would leave it open for us late (10:00-11:00 pm) if we asked. I would not leave valuables in there however, i.e. computers, camera, regs. I know some people had them walk off.

I can't help you with the room info. We stayed in the ocean front room. I will say the restraunt there is great. I have some pictures of the dive stuff on my website http://www.adamie.com/pictures.html.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Linnea Wijkhof-Wimberly (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #482) on Tuesday, May 6, 2003 - 3:58 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

The studios are bigger and have a kitchenette and screened in porch area. I would go with the studio, if you can't get an ocean front. Skip the meal package, this gives you the option to hit many of the restaurants mentioned in the Dining thread and you can fix your own breakfasts and lunches, if you wish. Many restaurants are within a 5 minute walk out the north water-front gate and the Cultimara market is a 10-15 minute walk or a 3 minute drive. There is also a fresh fish place just south of Richard's restaurant (don't bother with Richard's) if you turn right out the driveway or parking lot.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration