BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Accommodations: Planning trip for 6/12-6/22 2003 staying at buddys
Bonaire Talk: Accommodations: Archives: Archives 2000 to 2006: Archives - 2002-10-07 to 2003-04-30: Planning trip for 6/12-6/22 2003 staying at buddys
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael j kniffen (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Thursday, February 20, 2003 - 8:36 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

my friends and I look forward to seeing all
the cool things. little background I'am an
instructor,my two friends are also inst.one is divemaster,and two are advanced,with over 100
dives this year.I have never been to warm water,
so this is going to be a treat.were from the pacific n.w vis on a good day 15-20 ft.what should
I expect,keep me excited!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Renea (BonaireTalker - Post #25) on Thursday, February 20, 2003 - 8:45 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Michael,

You are DEFINITELY in for a treat! Bonaire diving is the best! We have been to Buddy's 4 times now and are going back in May for our 5th time.

Enjoy!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Linnea Wijkhof-Wimberly (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #414) on Thursday, February 20, 2003 - 9:22 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

No currents, no kelp, no Irish Lords, but itty bitty octopuses, lots of colorful fish.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael j kniffen (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #2) on Thursday, February 20, 2003 - 10:59 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

this is pretty neat,thanks for replaying so fast,Iwould like some specific answers on some things if I could?most dive packages offer unlimitted shore diving,use of car,& boatdives,IF
I were to just get a room what would I expect to pay separately,I've read many posts saying I could
save money, how much money

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael j kniffen (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #3) on Thursday, February 20, 2003 - 11:00 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

this is pretty neat,thanks for replaying so fast,Iwould like some specific answers on some things if I could?most dive packages offer unlimited shore diving,use of car,& boatdives,IF
I were to just get a room what would I expect to pay separately,I've read many posts saying I could
save money, how much money

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael j kniffen (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #4) on Thursday, February 20, 2003 - 11:06 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

sorry I posted same message twice don't know what I did wrong

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob neer (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #740) on Thursday, February 20, 2003 - 11:17 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

unlimited shore diving - $99/6days
6 pack boat dives + unlimited shore diving - $199
truck rental - $30/day

prices are pretty even cross the board...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Renee Bayes (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #347) on Friday, February 21, 2003 - 9:45 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Michael,

You're going to LOVE Bonaire, and you're going to love staying at Buddy Dive. I would keep the package. The trucks are in great shape, and you'll need one to truly experience all of the great shore diving. Do the boat dives too, you can get to places you can't get to from shore (like Klien Bonaire) which are truly unique and spectacular!

Everyone is really nice at Buddy Dive. You'll have a great time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bluetang (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #262) on Friday, February 21, 2003 - 1:13 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

michael, welcome, yeah...another left coastie! you will love bonaire:-) warm water, colorful fish, lots to see...seahorses, turtles, lots of different varieties of eel...if you haven't already done so, i would pick up humaan's reef book on the carribean and familiarize yourself with the critters you will see...you will see a lot of them! i think you can order it from the webcam page, at the bottom there is a link to books...and yes to linnea's...no kelp, no cold water, great vis:-) if you plan on doing a lot of shore diving, i wouldn't get the boat package. we only did 2 boat dives, one to klein, and one to the hilma hooker...with over 50 shore dives, the possiblities are endless!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mary Lou French (BonaireTalker - Post #90) on Friday, February 21, 2003 - 1:57 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Michael, welcome to the addiction, it is ok it is a safe one!! We are going to Bonaire for our fourth trip this March (9 days, yahoo). You will love it. We do shore dives mostly, they are very easy there and we find them more relaxing. No rush, plenty of room, go your own way. You will love the viz, it is amazing. I would definately keep the truck and the shore diving and pay for the boat trips as you go. We did Hilma Hooker from shore last trip. Not a bad snorkel out to the mooring line. I agree with Blue, pick up the book, study it, and take it with you. We love ours and it is very handy when you get back and say, what was that?
Have a great trip!! Mary Lou

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jake Richter (Moderator - Post #3904) on Friday, February 21, 2003 - 8:36 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I moved this thread from Trip Reports...

Jake

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration