BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Community Chat: Postcards from Tortola
Bonaire Talk: Community Chat: Archives: Archives 03-01-2011 to 03-31-2011: Postcards from Tortola
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cecil* (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #8721) on Tuesday, March 1, 2011 - 8:43 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Arrived in one piece quite the trip but no problems. Very tired and beat up but we survived. The resort seems very nice and the room is beautiful, we look out over the Atlantic with the sounds of surf coming in the sliding doors. Sleeping to the sound will be heaven.

No pictures yet but bunches tomorrow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By "Barbie"Ruth******Ken's forever love (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5490) on Tuesday, March 1, 2011 - 9:16 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Glad you made it safely, Cecil :)

Enjoy and relax!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By **Jim Mc **-- But you can all me Link (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5093) on Tuesday, March 1, 2011 - 9:21 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

You deserve fun, so go boy!!!!

I know it's not BT, but daily reports are expected from our resident morning fun guy. LOL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By elaine sculley (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2018) on Tuesday, March 1, 2011 - 10:06 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

glad ur there

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By *Linda* (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #9092) on Wednesday, March 2, 2011 - 10:13 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Good morning BT, Cecil, Ruth, Jim, Elaine and all who follow. Glad your up and running this morning. Curses on the hackers for yesterdays mess.

Cecil, Ahhhhhhh nothing like waking up to the sound of surf and the smell of the salt water. :):)

Jerry, we love and miss you. Start climbing up the hill of healing. <3 <3

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kelly(*) (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6663) on Wednesday, March 2, 2011 - 10:31 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

So glad you made it safely! I've been wondering about you. Cannot wait to see pictures. I looooove Tortola! You are at Long Bay, right?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By *Linda* (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #9093) on Wednesday, March 2, 2011 - 10:34 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Jim, watch out where you buy pizza in Philly.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/weird/Pizza-Shop-Owner-Dumps-Mice-in-Rival-Shops-Cops-117101518.html

What a dumb bunny!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By **Jim Mc **-- But you can all me Link (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5095) on Wednesday, March 2, 2011 - 11:06 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I saw that Linda. It was all over the news here, like a cheap suit.

I just thank God everyday that there are morons on this planet that keep me laughing.

Meanwhile, Hoda and my Kathy Lee are sitting here talking about Charlie Sheen and drinking glasses of Cabarnet!!! WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now they have moved to Lindsay Lohan.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By *Linda* (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #9094) on Wednesday, March 2, 2011 - 1:37 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

OMG Jim. Are you bored out of your mind or what?
Have you been keeping up with spring training?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Princeypoo******Kenny's Muffin Forever (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #819) on Wednesday, March 2, 2011 - 2:23 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Linda he's too busy keeping up with the faux-litas but his favorite will always be Snooki

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By **Jim Mc **-- But you can all me Link (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5097) on Wednesday, March 2, 2011 - 3:29 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

LMAO Georgy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By "Barbie"Ruth******Ken's forever love (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5493) on Wednesday, March 2, 2011 - 3:41 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

PS, my doctor told me I'd have some weight gain, but 25+ pounds? I am not happy about that! So I am going to work hard at getting rid of what I've gained since surgery PLUS some that shouldn't have been there to begin with :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By "Barbie"Ruth******Ken's forever love (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5494) on Wednesday, March 2, 2011 - 3:57 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

DANG...I posted on the wrong thread...how'd that happen?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By I'll always be BOOM here! (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #14721) on Wednesday, March 2, 2011 - 6:44 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I was going to say.... where the heck are the postcards!!!!!!

What a tease this thread has become!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denise K (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2904) on Wednesday, March 2, 2011 - 8:01 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hey !!!!

We need our favorite mod here to slap you guys for hijacking the thread !

We need our Jerry.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cecil* (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #8722) on Wednesday, March 2, 2011 - 8:03 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Yeah what the hell is going, hijack my thread, I'll teach you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denise K (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2906) on Wednesday, March 2, 2011 - 8:11 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Cecil .. we are waiting for your postcards :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By **Jim Mc **-- But you can all me Link (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5100) on Thursday, March 3, 2011 - 1:02 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I think Cecil found some ganja. :) :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cecil* (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #8724) on Thursday, March 3, 2011 - 9:24 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Yes but what does that have to do with anything. Another lovely day in paradise. The rains yesterday cleared the air and it is spectacular today. Maybe a little snorkeling and a day sail tomorrow and diving on Saturday.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cecil* (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #8725) on Thursday, March 3, 2011 - 8:55 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Nice relaxing day at the pool and beach. Sailing tomorrow.

Here's something you can only do in Tortola.
Sue and surf

Some dudes had their boards out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By *Linda* (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #9099) on Friday, March 4, 2011 - 10:01 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Beautiful!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cecil* (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #8727) on Friday, March 4, 2011 - 9:28 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

The sailing turned into a motor trip no wind, the snorkeling did not happen, wicked north swells, but we did make it to the Baths on Virgin Gorda. Excellent trip. Excellent dinner at Pussers in Soper's Hole.

Sue at the Baths

Diving tomorrow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By KIV ~ Kobi in Virginia (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #14935) on Friday, March 4, 2011 - 9:31 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Awesome photos!!!!! Thanks for sharing, Cecil.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By **Jim Mc **-- But you can all me Link (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5109) on Saturday, March 5, 2011 - 12:44 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I love living through other people's good times. LOL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By I'll always be BOOM here! (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #14725) on Saturday, March 5, 2011 - 2:14 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Way way cool!!!! Tortola looks like it should be on the bucket list :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Superturtle (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4405) on Saturday, March 5, 2011 - 2:24 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Whoa!!! No wind in the BVI's???????

I remember blowing out a sail there, many, Many years ago!!! We never got to The Baths, saw it from a short distance.

Glad you are having fun!!! Definitely a place I would love to go back to!!! :) :)

Oh, glad you enjoyed Pusser's as well. Makers of my favorite Rum!!! :) :)

:) Bill :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cecil* (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #8728) on Saturday, March 5, 2011 - 10:01 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Well another day in paradise. Two great dives near Norman Island and a great dinner at Cane Garden Bay.

Eagle Ray

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By KIV ~ Kobi in Virginia (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #14936) on Saturday, March 5, 2011 - 11:35 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Awesome Ray!!!! I think this place shall land on my bucket list as well :)

Thanks, Cecil!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By elaine sculley (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2035) on Sunday, March 6, 2011 - 4:44 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

cecil
haven't jumped waves since the jersey shore. eons ago. only thing was the water not that clear by any means

so glad u are having a great time. did the u.s. virgin and bvi in 1990 with two other couples. rented 56 footer with captain and mate. had one hella week. lots of laughs

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cecil* (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #8730) on Sunday, March 6, 2011 - 9:04 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Well another day gone and one day closer to ending. Two more dives to day and they totally sucked.

Octo

Believe that and I have some ocean front property in Colorado to sell.

Tomorrow we do some running and exploring.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By KIV ~ Kobi in Virginia (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #14938) on Sunday, March 6, 2011 - 10:22 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

WOW, I can see why those dives sucked LOL!
Thanks for sharing a few peeks into your vaca, Cecil!!

Enjoy your land exploring!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cecil* (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #8731) on Monday, March 7, 2011 - 9:56 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Last full day, lots of exploring and a very nice day. We started out on the goat trail to Soper's Hole for breakfast, then into Road Town for some shopping with the podders. They are good for one thing, they bring out the vendors. Then over to a nice bay for lunch, then on to another great bay for a swim and afternoon drinks. Back to Soper's Hole for dinner.

Nice last day, the only thing better would be some boobies.

Boobie

It is very hard to be light, we are just so worried about Jerry.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By "Barbie"Ruth******Ken's forever love (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5520) on Monday, March 7, 2011 - 10:45 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

So glad you have enjoyed your trip, Cecil and Sue. Thank you for sharing it with us!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By I'll always be BOOM here! (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #14735) on Monday, March 7, 2011 - 10:56 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Your Tortola vaca has been a nice diversion - thank you for sharing it!
I'm sure that Jerry and Louise are feeling some of your BVI juju.
Safe travels homeward

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cecil* (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #8734) on Wednesday, March 9, 2011 - 8:01 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I hope to do a trip report and pictures but in the mean time here's a two picture summary.

Before
Before

After
After

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Debbie B.~ Jersey Gal(*) (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #13052) on Thursday, March 10, 2011 - 7:46 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

OMG! Thanks for the giggle, Cecil! You two look fabulously happy! Look forward to your report and pics.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration