BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Community Chat: Another Punch in the Gut
Bonaire Talk: Community Chat: Archives: Archives 2008: Archives - 2008-08-01 to 2008-08-31: Another Punch in the Gut
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ****Boat Chick**** (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6568) on Wednesday, August 27, 2008 - 10:45 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I just found out that my SIL has breast cancer. She's having surgery on Friday to remove the lump, then will go the radiation route....

I hate C...I really do.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom 9 days "fins packed - check" (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #17616) on Thursday, August 28, 2008 - 5:50 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Cynde, bigs hugs and best wishes to you all. I am with you, I hate C.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eileen - just me! (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #13046) on Thursday, August 28, 2008 - 6:08 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I am so sorry to hear this Cynde. Thoughts, hugs, everything at your sister and your family. hugs

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donna in the Poconos (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2352) on Thursday, August 28, 2008 - 6:17 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Count me in with the haters of cancer!

My step-mom's tumor marker number was back up this last week....I understand and my heart goes out to you and your family Cynde!

Consider yourself hugged!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kathy Hall - Bonaire in 16 days! (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #11346) on Thursday, August 28, 2008 - 6:31 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

:-(
So sorry Cynde. Hugs for you and your family.
A coworker (a guy) has it again, too. He's facing losing his arm to be rid of it. :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Judy T (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4838) on Thursday, August 28, 2008 - 6:37 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Cynde - so very sorry to hear this.
Healing thoughts for your SIL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By LaDonna * (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3570) on Thursday, August 28, 2008 - 6:55 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Cynde......our thoughts and prayers are with your whole family.

Big Maine Moose hugs!!!!

L

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Debbie B. (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #7758) on Thursday, August 28, 2008 - 7:45 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Cynde, hugs to you and your SIL. Will keep her in my thoughts and prayers Friday that they get all the "C" removed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tribs, at home. (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6676) on Thursday, August 28, 2008 - 8:13 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Sorry Cynde. My best friend just went through this not too long ago. This one can be beat! Good thoughts for your SIL - nothing but good thoughts!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hazel (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #5) on Thursday, August 28, 2008 - 8:15 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

...Add my hugs as well, Cynde. Thank goodness for all of the advances in treating C. It helps to have good wishes sent from afar as well. So, prayers from Wyoming are headed your way.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freddie (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #10613) on Thursday, August 28, 2008 - 8:20 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

:-(:-(:-(:-(:-( I am sorry to hear this Cynde, thoughts and prayers for your SIL and her doctors...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By *Linda* (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2605) on Thursday, August 28, 2008 - 8:35 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Cynde, Sorry about your SIL!! Let's pray it was caught early and this is the end of it. You are now receiving more (((((HUGS)))).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Krispi* 44 days!! my craziness!! (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3110) on Thursday, August 28, 2008 - 8:44 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

major HUGGAGE!!!is that a word? well, it should be!
Blessings of strength for you Cynde..hug

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pegi Sue, PS1, whatever...* (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6486) on Thursday, August 28, 2008 - 9:02 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Cynde, this just s*cks! I'm so sick of Cancer. WHY?? Why can they do all that they can do, yet C is still around???
I wish you, your SIL & family the BEST...the BEST doctors, the BEST prayers, the BEST luck that this is found early and all will be ok.
I'm so sorry to hear this...
(((HUGS))) to all.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #12525) on Thursday, August 28, 2008 - 9:03 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Sorry Cynde.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Superturtle (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3194) on Thursday, August 28, 2008 - 9:25 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Great BIG Bear Hugs from Canada, Cynde!!

You know we share your feeling about this disease.

Luckily, early detection and treatment have improved over the last few years. Now it's time to work on the prevention part.

Bill and Karen

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kobi in Virginia ~ GO HOKIES (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #7792) on Thursday, August 28, 2008 - 9:54 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Cynde,
I am sorry to read about your SIL's diagnosis. Please know I'll be praying for her and her medical team. Keep us posted.......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Yo MO - Meet me at the 3Day in Atlanta (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4149) on Thursday, August 28, 2008 - 10:09 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

HUGE hugs for you Cynde and Michael and your SIL!

THIS IS WHY I WALK...

so that someday we will have a cure for this horrible disease.

May I honor your SIL and add her name to my "who we walk for" list? Are there others that I can walk in honor of????

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gail T.* (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3327) on Thursday, August 28, 2008 - 10:22 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Count me in for hugs, prayers, and positive thoughts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ****Boat Chick**** (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6572) on Thursday, August 28, 2008 - 10:48 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks gang, I have tears. I really love my SIL, she is a wonderful woman. some of you may remember, she is the one that lived/went/endured the PR experience with my mom and I. It really bonded us.

Mara, I'm going to donate to your walk...

Bill, thanks, I knew you would understand as well.

Here's Sherry...bless her. She is the one on the far right...her mom just passed from lung cancer, so this is just a big blow:-(
Sherry

(Message edited by cyndelee on August 28, 2008)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kobi in Virginia ~ GO HOKIES (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #7796) on Thursday, August 28, 2008 - 11:06 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Sherry is a beautiful woman! Bless her heart for all she's endured and has, yet, to face; we'll be thinking about her!!! I am glad she was there for you in your time of need.

Cynde, you look awesome too :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Yo MO - Meet me at the 3Day in Atlanta (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4154) on Thursday, August 28, 2008 - 11:31 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Cynde - what a beautiful picture, what a beautiful lady. What is Sherry's last name - I would like to add her to the board.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ****Boat Chick**** (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6575) on Thursday, August 28, 2008 - 1:04 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Kerstin Hassis-Lee is her "official name"...Thanks Mara:-) I'll also let her know you added her, and send her the link when I talk to her today.

(Message edited by modcynde on August 28, 2008)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Boom starts with a Tara (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #8024) on Thursday, August 28, 2008 - 1:07 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Big huge hugs for you Cynde. You've been given so much lately - you must have some super-strong shoulders my friend.
I'll keep good thoughts that they have caught everything early and in a few months this will be a memory.
Sure wish we all lived close enough for real hugs
<<<hugs>>>

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brad - FB/MPT&S (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1839) on Thursday, August 28, 2008 - 1:22 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

So sorry to here this Cynde. Thoughts and prayers to her.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Beau 8 days "lights packed - check" (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #17625) on Thursday, August 28, 2008 - 1:37 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Tink, I am hoping that everything goes well for Kerstin. I agree with Tara, you have been given so much to deal with lately.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim McPeak (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1690) on Thursday, August 28, 2008 - 2:35 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I really hate C as well. This year in school we have two kids on my team that lost a father and a mother respectively. It is a destroyer of hopes and dreams for sure. Hang in there buddy. She'll beat it. And with a sister in law like you, she will have great support.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bette ( BC from you know where) (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1330) on Thursday, August 28, 2008 - 3:00 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thank you Cynde for allowing us to help you bare.

C. is a physical disease but it can be fought mentally also. Take all the positiveness available to you (and you have already a lot) and support your SIL. Life looks hard but it can also be incredibly generous.

Hugs for you, for Sherry and all your family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kelly (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5852) on Thursday, August 28, 2008 - 9:32 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

You know I am here for you, anytime, day or night.

Riblet

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Babs (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #12175) on Thursday, August 28, 2008 - 10:13 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Best wishes for a complete and quick recovery for Kerstin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Yo MO - Meet me at the 3Day in Atlanta (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4157) on Friday, August 29, 2008 - 7:43 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Cynde - I am praying now for your SIL. Here's the board that I have added her to as well.

bc board 1
bc board 2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Yo MO - Meet me at the 3Day in Atlanta (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4159) on Friday, August 29, 2008 - 8:08 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I'm trying to see if I can get a better shot of the bottom board - this is where I want names and pictures if possible to honor those affected by Breast Cancer.

bc board

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration