BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Community Chat: Tuesday is the first day of the rest of your life....
Bonaire Talk: Community Chat: Archives: Archives 2008: Archives - 2008-08-01 to 2008-08-31: Tuesday is the first day of the rest of your life....
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donna in the Poconos (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2224) on Tuesday, August 5, 2008 - 6:25 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

so make it a good one! I trust you all will. Share on... my BT friends...I'm off to get ready for work, etc.....

Happy Tuesday! :-)

This is a picture Amanda took on a City Lights cruise in NYC....beautiful!!
looks like a city of gold!

(Message edited by devfam on August 5, 2008)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eileen - goin' campin' this wkd!! (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #12959) on Tuesday, August 5, 2008 - 6:44 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Beautiful!!!

Good Morning Donna and everyone!

We had a blast at camping! Pics on FB and I will hopefully get to downsize for here... It's catch up day. Kristi - I have a photo for you :-)...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Yo MO - Meet me at the 3Day in Atlanta (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4062) on Tuesday, August 5, 2008 - 7:35 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Good morning all - I am spending mine at home, in bed. I have really racked my back and abs Sunday and the pain is pretty intense. Thought I would go to work today but after being up and moving for all of 5 minutes I had to lay back down. AARGH - it SUCKS getting old. But at least I can still do things so I'm not complaining too much.

Hugs ya'll - be well. Great picture by Amanda - thanks Donna - and hugs to you and your family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eileen - goin' campin' this wkd!! (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #12960) on Tuesday, August 5, 2008 - 7:47 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I hope you feel better!!!

oK, I will post one camping pic, Kristi I thought of you when I first saw it! LOL!

Joel took this pic of us at the beach as we were playing with the kids - I was watching the boys in the distance. It just so happened that 2 young men (early 20s is my guess) came out of the lake at the time Joel took the pic. Anyway, captions are up to you.
campin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By PS1* The 500K Post Queen. 7/22/2008 (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6156) on Tuesday, August 5, 2008 - 8:24 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Well, I almost didn't recognize Riker and Quinn...:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Krispi ..Bc2's SDSB&TTY club...LOL (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2752) on Tuesday, August 5, 2008 - 8:26 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Goodmorning Donna, Eileen, and Mara...and EVERYONE to come!!

Eileen...I love the look on your face in that pix...too funny, haha Did you ask them if they need a construction job? LOL

Donna, that is an amazing picture..so pretty

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Krispi ..Bc2's SDSB&TTY club...LOL (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2753) on Tuesday, August 5, 2008 - 8:28 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I know it isn't thursday, and maybe I should save this..but it is cute so here we go...

I was having trouble with my computer. So I called Richard, the 11 year old next door whose bedroom looks like Mission Control, and asked him to come over. Richard clicked a couple of buttons and solved the problem. As he was walking away, I called after him, 'So, what was wrong? He replied, 'It was an ID ten T error.' I didn't want to appear stupid, but none-the-less inquired, 'An, ID ten T error? What's that? In case I need to fix it again.' Richard grinned.... 'Haven't you ever heard of an ID ten T error before?' 'No,' I replied. 'Write it down,' he said, 'and I think you'll figure it out.' So I wrote down: I D 1 0 T... I used to like the little s**t

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Krispi ..Bc2's SDSB&TTY club...LOL (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2755) on Tuesday, August 5, 2008 - 8:34 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi PS...good to see you...hug

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By *Linda* (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2343) on Tuesday, August 5, 2008 - 8:41 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Good morning Donna, Eileen, Yo, PS, Krispi and all to follow.
I just finished reading yesterdays main thread. Those were some fun pictures from the Catalina weekend. The giant bass looks like the equivalent to our Goliath Grouper. BIG!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By PS1* The 500K Post Queen. 7/22/2008 (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6157) on Tuesday, August 5, 2008 - 8:45 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Good Morning Girls!!:-)

I'm just pondering this painting and waiting for that "creative" feeling to hit me...I just can't feel it right now. It'll come...soon, I hope.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By *Linda* (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2344) on Tuesday, August 5, 2008 - 8:48 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

PS, My "creative feeling" (boss) will be coming in to work a little late this morning.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Debbie B. (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #7640) on Tuesday, August 5, 2008 - 8:51 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Top of the morning Gals! Just got unpacked from Texas and packing for Bonaire! :-O) WooHoo!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By *BlueHarley* (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2139) on Tuesday, August 5, 2008 - 8:57 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Appears to just be all the ladies this morning!!!

Good morning to all....let's see what is on the schedule today.........mmmmm.....no....no.....maybe....okay let's see if this will work.....feeling mighty mischievous today for some reason...it could get interesting.

Jerry break out the jell-o...this could lead to heavy medication and that fancy jacket with the funny arms.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By *BlueHarley* (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2140) on Tuesday, August 5, 2008 - 9:01 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Oh PS I forgot to tell you...two weeks ago Marc had a wreck totaled his bike....got a lot of road rash...he looked pretty bad there for about a week....but, the insurance paid off and last Saturday he got a new(to him) bike...Sunday we were riding...you just can't keep a rider.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Yo MO - Meet me at the 3Day in Atlanta (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4063) on Tuesday, August 5, 2008 - 9:13 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Funny - I was never afraid of my motorcycle but I'm afraid of riding a bicycle, even though it seems that this is what I will be getting for my birthday. Now what's up with that. OK - back to laying on my side. c'ya

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By *BlueHarley* (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2141) on Tuesday, August 5, 2008 - 9:27 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

You know left here alone.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By PS1* The 500K Post Queen. 7/22/2008 (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6158) on Tuesday, August 5, 2008 - 9:28 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

BH, I'm so glad that Marc is ok!!! You guys!!! Maybe if we just put all of you in those nice jackets, nothing will happen...it's a thought!!!

Tell Marc I said "HI!!!" and to "BE CAREFUL!!!"
You too:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Yo MO - Meet me at the 3Day in Atlanta (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4066) on Tuesday, August 5, 2008 - 9:33 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Yes please - be careful. I had that terrible realization that I'm not as young as I thought I was - DANG it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By *BlueHarley* (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2142) on Tuesday, August 5, 2008 - 9:42 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

PS will pass it along...as for the jacket well the last time I went down (drunk ran a stop sign) there was no road rash but the collar bone didn't make it through so the jacket helps but.

Hey Mo...never mind the MODS would zap it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brad - FB/MPT&S (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1743) on Tuesday, August 5, 2008 - 9:48 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Good morning everyone!

Donna, that sure is a cool pic Amanda captured!

Mara, feel better.

BH, I'll try to back ya, but my nose has been to the grindstone for a while now! Glad to hear your buddy is riding again so soon.

WOW, y'all went to 146 yesterday...what am I gonna do with you!!??!!??

(Message edited by bradw on August 5, 2008)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ***Boat Chick*** (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6247) on Tuesday, August 5, 2008 - 10:27 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Morning all:-)

Eileen, I LOVE Riker and Quinnman's tan:-) LOL...

yOmO...get some rest gal, head to the doc to ease the pain and heal quicker, don't mess around with the back. I have to admit, after I hit it up on the Sea Doo July 4rth, my thighs were sore for a week, I could barely walk for 5 days, I had to stay home one day they were so bad...it SUCKS getting old!

Donna, beautiful pic, also, hugs about your hubby's aunt.

Brad, we are just out of control without the MPT around...really...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ***Boat Chick*** (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6248) on Tuesday, August 5, 2008 - 10:31 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Oh, Jerry, found this for you buddy:-)
omg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brad - FB/MPT&S (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1744) on Tuesday, August 5, 2008 - 10:31 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hey BC, nice pics from Catalina...totally jealous here. I'm going to make more of an effort to at least watch out for y'all now. Heck with the guy that thinks he's my boss but not really my boss, even though I'm still not sure if he really is my boss.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kelly (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5848) on Tuesday, August 5, 2008 - 10:48 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Cynde, Catalina looks like it was a blast !

Good morning everyone else... TWO DAYS TIL BONAIRE for me.... hootie hoo !!

Here is a picture of my little hippie lady killer with his friend, Flora. Doesn't she look afraid?? lol !

Have a great day everyone !

Riley and Flora

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ***Boat Chick*** (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6249) on Tuesday, August 5, 2008 - 10:51 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Kelly, Brad, the diving was great.

Brad, do you do cold water?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kelly (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5849) on Tuesday, August 5, 2008 - 10:56 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

lol... see a theme here? Girls and tie-dye?
This is from last summer. Riley and Sophie.

Sophie

And here is Riley and me, with me all eighties'd up for the Poison concert. ha ! (So yes I did meet Bret Michaels)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brad - FB/MPT&S (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1745) on Tuesday, August 5, 2008 - 11:05 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

BC, we do dive some cold stuff and would like to do more. We need more drysuit experience.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom 30 days to lift off... (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #17501) on Tuesday, August 5, 2008 - 11:12 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi all, nice to see some of the "Old Crowd" back.

P.S., grab a fresh canvas and just paint what you feel.

Chuck, glad your buddy is doing okay.

Mara, the scary thing about bicycles is, they have no motors and make you sweat.

Donna, Eileen, Kelly, thanks for the pics:-)

Tink, nice outfit (but Halloween is a long way away).

Speaking of sore thighs - How ya doing Jerry?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By elaine sculley (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #391) on Tuesday, August 5, 2008 - 11:22 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

mara
hope ur feeling better. don't mess with back

happy tuesday to all

es

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ***Boat Chick*** (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6250) on Tuesday, August 5, 2008 - 11:27 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Brad, you don't need a dry suit this time of year, 7mm, 5mm hood booties and gloves will do just fine:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Debbie B. (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #7641) on Tuesday, August 5, 2008 - 11:29 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Taking a little breakie here.

Mara, Enjoy taking it easy, shame it has to hurt to take it easy. Got a jacuzzi?

BH, glad Marc is o.k. Met an ex-Marine down in Texas, he had some jerk cross over three lanes and cut him off while on his Harley. He showed me the skin grafts on arm and legs, he took it pretty good, said he could still walk and was looking forward to his next road trip to Las Vegas.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #12214) on Tuesday, August 5, 2008 - 11:29 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Need I say more?
j

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #12215) on Tuesday, August 5, 2008 - 11:37 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

k

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By PS1* The 500K Post Queen. 7/22/2008 (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6159) on Tuesday, August 5, 2008 - 11:45 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Debbie, when you leaving??
Kobi, WHAT IS OUR COUNTDOWN???? Please tell me it's like...next week!!:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eileen - goin' campin' this wkd!! (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #12961) on Tuesday, August 5, 2008 - 11:53 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Cynde... I am so hoping my kids will not do that do themselves, meaning the makeup and all, the HK part... ok maybe not!

Kelly - great photos!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RA. I'm stylin now (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2919) on Tuesday, August 5, 2008 - 12:13 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Love everyone's pictures! OMG Jerry, I spit out my coffee on that one!
BH, glad to hear Marc is okay and back out on the road again!
Kelly,love the pictures and yes, poor Flora looks scared of Riley!
Mara - take care of your back girl!Or you'll have to withdraw from the Olympic events you are schedules for! heehee

Brad, I was worried since you were MIA for so long, glad to see your not letting work get in the way of BT! LOL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eileen - goin' campin' this wkd!! (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #12962) on Tuesday, August 5, 2008 - 12:15 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #12216) on Tuesday, August 5, 2008 - 12:20 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

RA, how's your "Freddie's Cube"?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brad - FB/MPT&S (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1746) on Tuesday, August 5, 2008 - 12:24 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

BC, um, we do. ...We live in the desert...we have thin blood.

RA, thanks for the worry. I want to back and I plan on staying. At least until I get my hand slapped again.

(Message edited by bradw on August 5, 2008)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By *Linda* (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2345) on Tuesday, August 5, 2008 - 12:24 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I just noticed what the goth dude? had tied to his braids. Little people! I wonder if he hears little voices.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RA. I'm stylin now (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2920) on Tuesday, August 5, 2008 - 12:29 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Jerry, "MY CUBE" now! hahahaha. It's lovely, I lit it friday night after that terrible day and and it's glow was quite soothing!

Brad, keep up the good work we ran amuck without you around!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By *Linda* (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2346) on Tuesday, August 5, 2008 - 12:30 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Goth dude may be related to this other fellow I saw on my way to work this morning. On the back of his truck - in each corner were little flags on sticks - probably no bigger that 9" tall all together. Holding on the flags were action figures holding up the flags. A small Statue of Liberty stood in the center of the tailgate. Wished I could have taken a picture of this.
Things that make you go wtf

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ***Boat Chick*** (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6251) on Tuesday, August 5, 2008 - 12:34 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=39654562

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #12217) on Tuesday, August 5, 2008 - 12:58 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I think Cynde needs a cat.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #12218) on Tuesday, August 5, 2008 - 1:03 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

i

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #12219) on Tuesday, August 5, 2008 - 1:04 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

That'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''s
just wrong.

(Message edited by bonaire9 on August 5, 2008)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #12220) on Tuesday, August 5, 2008 - 1:06 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

BH, I'm going down the wrong path, pass me the jello.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RA. I'm stylin now (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2921) on Tuesday, August 5, 2008 - 1:10 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Glad to see the old "pre mod" Jerry back!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #12221) on Tuesday, August 5, 2008 - 1:22 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Blame Cynde and her HKS fixation!

It caused me to snap, but I'm better now.

I like working with clay, it feels good when I squeeze it through my fingers.

Why do we spell through this way, shouldn't it be thruew?

Yes nurse, more jello please.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Boom starts with a Tara (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #7825) on Tuesday, August 5, 2008 - 1:33 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Oh my, it's going to be an interesting day on BT!!!
BH glad to hear your buddy is doing well and back in the saddle. Did you see where I've become a Marc Broussard junkie - thanks to your posts :-) Could be worse I suppose.

Got in late today thanks to delivering papers - it was a pretty morning.

Thanks for the pictures - from NYC to Campin to Riley (fuhgetaboud that goth dude or the cat tat!!).

Have a good one everyone :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By *BlueHarley* (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2143) on Tuesday, August 5, 2008 - 1:35 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Sorry ya'll....building lost power I went on generator but it locked up my PC.

Jerry...how many you need????

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By *BlueHarley* (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2144) on Tuesday, August 5, 2008 - 1:37 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I saw that Boom...guess I need to find ya'll some more tunes...Huh??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brad - FB/MPT&S (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1748) on Tuesday, August 5, 2008 - 2:37 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Woohoo, look at me...I'm...

PAGE 2

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration