BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Community Chat: Hugs for Megan
Bonaire Talk: Community Chat: Archives: Archives 2008: Archives - -2008-04-01 to 2008-04-30: Hugs for Megan
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Innkeeper Linda (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1350) on Saturday, April 19, 2008 - 1:08 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Some of you are aware that we needed to cut our Bonaire trip short to return home and support our daughter, Megan. Our close friend, and Megan's Cheer Coach, ended her struggle with Brain Cancer this past week. We were able to arrive home and spend about 10 minutes of "awake time" with her.

Megan is having a hard time with this loss and would appreciate some prayers, good thoughts and virtual hugs.

Megan's Coach's obit follows:

Kim Richardson
http://www.postindependent.com/article/20080419/OBITUARIES/403960817

A trip report is in the making....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freddie (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #10102) on Saturday, April 19, 2008 - 1:13 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

hugs for Megan
Kim will always be with you Megan,prayers and thoughts for you and Kim's family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #10381) on Saturday, April 19, 2008 - 1:17 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Very sad news, we are so sorry.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By **Patrick who herds sharks on Bonaire** (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2814) on Saturday, April 19, 2008 - 1:26 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Prayers and Hugs coming your way. I'm sorry for your loss.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Cousino (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #16713) on Saturday, April 19, 2008 - 1:51 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Meagan, I am sad to hear of your loss. Big hugs coming at you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donna in the Poconos (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1695) on Saturday, April 19, 2008 - 1:54 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Linda, I am so, so sorry...reading that article made me cry. Hugs and prayers...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gail T. (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2878) on Saturday, April 19, 2008 - 2:32 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hugs are sent to Megan, and to you too, Linda.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kathy Hall - Bonaire in September 08 (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #10601) on Saturday, April 19, 2008 - 3:00 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I'm so very sorry to read this Linda. :-( Hugs to you and your daughter.

I only hate one thing in this world, and that's cancer.

I'm terribly afraid I may have misunderstood my sister last weekend. She has so much trouble communicating so it's a guessing game till she says yes, but she told me she had a lump, and in the guessing game I THOUGHT she said yes to, "You find out Friday, right?" But I called a million times yesterday and she doesn't answer and doesn't return my calls, so my 1st thought when I woke up this morning was that I misunderstood her, that she was having a mastectomy Friday and she expected me to be there - because I said if she had to have surgery I would be there. In limbo now, till my brother goes to my nephew's house and finds out what's going on. I hope I'm wrong.

Sorry I put my own cancer worries in here, but breast cancer that turned to bone and brain cancer took my mom. I HATE cancer.

Hugs again, and just...much love to you all.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By PegiSue (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4355) on Saturday, April 19, 2008 - 3:38 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Megan & Linda, I'm very sorry about Kim...Dealing with things like this at a young age is hard...well, dealing with them when you are older isn't any easier. I'm sorry.
I've borrowed Eileen's hugs for you...
hugs

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kobi in Virginia (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5342) on Saturday, April 19, 2008 - 5:33 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hugs and good thoughts are coming your way, Linda and Megan; how very sad!

hugs to you all

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Elvis has left the building aka RosAnne (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2284) on Saturday, April 19, 2008 - 6:38 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Linda and Megan, many comforting hugs to you both.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Spring is BOOMing! (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6768) on Saturday, April 19, 2008 - 6:46 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Megan you have stood by your friend so bravely. Remember that she will always be with you and you are her legacy. Live your life to the fullest and always strive to be the best you can be. It certainly sounds as though she did.
Peace to you and Linda and Kim's family and friends everywhere.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Boat Chick************** (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4929) on Saturday, April 19, 2008 - 6:54 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Linda, please give Megan a hug for me. She's such a sweet girl. Also, hugs to those that knew Kim, and loved her. A big loss.

My colleague and friend died a week ago friday from pancreatic cancer...it's been tough:-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Spring is BOOMing! (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6779) on Saturday, April 19, 2008 - 8:47 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hugs to you Cynde and Kathy Hall.... cancer definitely SUCKS (and yes, I'm going to type it out)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim McPeak (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1473) on Monday, April 21, 2008 - 5:45 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Linda, I am very sorry for your daughter.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eileen - Trip - Sept'08 details to come! (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #12488) on Monday, April 21, 2008 - 5:49 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I am so sorry :-(.

(Message edited by Eileenbkimmett on April 21, 2008)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By LaDonna (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3532) on Monday, April 21, 2008 - 7:13 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Megan, Just remember, you brought joy to Kim's life, and she to yours. Hold the memories, remember the love, and know her life was better for having known you!

My condolences!

LaDonna

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tribs, less than a month till Bon!!! (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5757) on Monday, April 21, 2008 - 7:31 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hugs and good thoughts as you get through this time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lisa Barclay (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1935) on Monday, April 21, 2008 - 10:54 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I am very sorry to hear this sad, sad news. Big hugs going out to you Megan.

Kathy, I am sending good thoughts your way as well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Innkeeper Linda (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1351) on Monday, April 21, 2008 - 2:02 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks all....I will print this for Megan when the time is right.

Here's a link to a guest commentary in today's paper. It is written by a sports writer who always took his time to attend the State Championships for Cheer. We always appreciated that he cared about ALL high school sports while many still thought Cheerleading was about rah rah. Megan was on the State Champion 2004 squad that he mentions.

http://www.postindependent.com/article/20080421/SPORTS/485100850

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration