BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Community Chat: Fat Free Friday....if I can :-)
Bonaire Talk: Community Chat: Archives: Archives 2008: Archive- 2008-03-01 to 2008-03-31: Fat Free Friday....if I can :-)
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kobi in Virginia***Bonaire in May (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5039) on Friday, March 7, 2008 - 9:20 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Ok, one more brekkie and then Monday it's a whole new gig :-)

Bacon and Egg Breakfast Burrito

3 Large egg whites
1 strip turkey bacon, chopped
1/4 cup chopped onion
2 Tbsp seeded, chopped fresh tomato
1 96% fat-free whole wheat tortilla (8" diameter)
1/4 cup (1/2oz.) finely shredded Cabo 75% light cheddar cheese
2 tsp red taco sauce

Mist small microwaveable bowl with olive oil spray. Add egg whites. Set aside.

Preheat small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and mist with cooking spray. Add bacon. Cook, stirring occasionally, about 2 minutes. Add onion. Cooke 1-2 minutes or until bacon is crisp. Add tomato and cook another minute or until heated. Transfer bacon mixture to bowl. Cover and set aside.

Place tortilla in pan and return to heat. Cook about 30 seconds per side, or until warm.

Microwave egg whites on low for 30 seconds. Continue microwaving in 30 second intervals until just a bit runny on top. Stir with fork, breaking into large pieces. If eggs are still undercooked, cook in 10 second intervals until just done. Stir in reserved bacon mixture.

Place tortilla on plate. Sprinkle on cheese in even strip down center leaving about 2" bare on each end. Top with reserved egg white mixture and drizzle on taco sauce. Fold tortilla over filling and serve immediately!

251 cal
24 g protein
30 g carb
5 g fat
28 mg chol
3 fiber
630 sodium

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By LRAZ (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #713) on Friday, March 7, 2008 - 9:23 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Sounds great Kobi, but I reverted back to yesterdays menu and had an Egg McMuffin. I'm lazy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kobi in Virginia***Bonaire in May (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5047) on Friday, March 7, 2008 - 11:08 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

:-) I can sure preach though can't I?!?! I just don't practice my own darn advice It's still motivating to clog the board and have you guys cheering everyone along!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #9413) on Friday, March 7, 2008 - 12:06 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Would someone please call Tom at the donut shop, ask him if he's going back to work today.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ******Tom****** (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #6503) on Friday, March 7, 2008 - 12:26 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Sorry I am late Jerry, I had to go buy another box of straws. Ya can't mix Bavarian Creme with Maple Creme or Jelly ya know.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #9415) on Friday, March 7, 2008 - 12:35 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I just returned from a nice run, well fast walk to and from the coffee shop across my parking lot, dam, I need a nap!

(Message edited by bonaire9 on March 7, 2008)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ******Tom****** (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #6504) on Friday, March 7, 2008 - 12:37 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

K.I.V., talk about clogging, have ya ever had chicken fried steak and gravy? How about chicken fried chicken and gravy?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #9416) on Friday, March 7, 2008 - 12:39 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Tonights diner.

Pan Grilled Tuna Steaks. / Cooled white wine.

Ingredients
3 tablespoon olive oil
1 small onion, chopped
1 cup basmati rice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 bay leaf
2 cup chicken stock
20 black olives, without pits, quartered Tuna and peppercorn sauce:
4 ounce tuna steaks, 6 each
3 teaspoon olive oil
Salt
Pepper
1 tablespoon butter
1 shallot, chopped
1 ounce green peppercorns, crushed
1/2 cup white wine
1 cup veal stock
Cooking Instructions
For basmati rice: Heat olive oil in large saucepan. Add onion and cook, stirring often, until soft. Add rice and cook over low heat, stirring constantly for 3 minutes. Add salt, pepper, bay leaf and chicken stock. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes. When rice is ready, fold in olives.

For Tuna: Season tuna with salt and pepper. Heat a heavy skillet with olive oil over high heat. When very hot, place tuna in skillet and sear for 4 minutes on each side. When cooked, reserve tuna steaks on a plate and cover with aluminum foil to keep warm. Add 1 Tablespoon butter to pan, then add shallots and sweat them without giving color. Add green peppercorns and mix well. Add white wine and reduce until 3 Tablespoons of liquid remain. Stir in veal stock and reduce to a syrup. Season to taste with salt and pepper.

To serve: Place rice on a dish. Place tuna steak over rice and spoon sauce around plate.

Round out the Meal:

With steamed broccoli or carrots.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By LaDonna (12 DAYS) (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3454) on Friday, March 7, 2008 - 12:42 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Jerry.....I think you REALLY need a live-in taste tester :-):-):-) And I am volunteering....you don't even have to pay me.....just feed me.

LaDonna

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ******Tom****** (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #6505) on Friday, March 7, 2008 - 12:43 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Jerry, have you been cleared by your doctor for "strenuous" activities like parking lot dashes? Me neither. One of the benefits of our recent trip was the opportunity to really look at sedgeways. I am getting:

one for the first floor of our house (for emergency refrigerator runs)

one for our bedroom (in case I drink too much before bed time)

and one for the shop (for those runs to Dunkin Donuts and McD's).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By **Patrick who herds sharks on Bonaire** (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2656) on Friday, March 7, 2008 - 1:59 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hey Tom and Jerry,

You missed a h3ll of a party at Boom's last night.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kobi in Virginia***Bonaire in May (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5050) on Friday, March 7, 2008 - 2:20 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

:-) Y'all are cwazy.

Tom, have you ever rode one of those things? Our neighbors had one at their house; he uses them at his business but brought it home for us to play with. What a wild feeling that was. He wrecked it into HIS mailbox though....LMAO :-)

Jerry you already had your workout for the day; that's good LOL!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By BOOM! and then there was Tara (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6326) on Friday, March 7, 2008 - 2:35 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

OMG!!! I feel so OLD!!!! The demographics of this new club is definitely 20 something. It was fun but I'll stick with my Kettle One. They were promoting a new vodka called Pink. It's infused with caffeine and guarana so that you party all night. THEN, as if that wasn't enough, they mix it with RedBull - no friggin' way! It was a fun night, I ran into an old coworker who I hadn't seen in 12 years or so.
Hung out with our new accountant too - I have a meeting with her on Monday :-)
It was a field trip to the land of the young, rich and beautiful - fun for a few hours but I'm so much happier hanging with real people with no fashion sense but enough common sense NOT to pay $12 for a glass of vodka and ice w/lime!!! :-) :-)

Tonight won't be fat busting either though... we're meeting friends at a local Mexican eatery for Happy Hour. Viva!!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kobi in Virginia***Bonaire in May (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5051) on Friday, March 7, 2008 - 3:37 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Boom, sounds like fun even if it was like a time warp :-) I'm gonna be 40 in a few months and that puts me into a drinking mood...LOL!

I'm packing up in a bit to hit the road, HOMEWARD bound, to see my family AND Miss Rylan :-) Oh, she's getting hair! I promise pics this time, I promise :-)

Hope I can try to eat good while there. My Mom will spank me if I don't LOL!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kobi in Virginia***Bonaire in May (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5052) on Friday, March 7, 2008 - 3:38 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

ROY!?!?!?! Have a good workout, buddy :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By BOOM! and then there was Tara (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6329) on Friday, March 7, 2008 - 3:51 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Kobi, can't wait to see Ms Rylan - gosh I bet she's totally changed, it's just amazing how fast they grow. Safe travels and enjoy your visit :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ******Tom****** (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #6507) on Friday, March 7, 2008 - 4:37 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Kobi, no I haven't ridden one - yet. Pam and I were tempted to borrow one from a night security officer at our timeshare but, he wouldn't go along with it.

Patrick, did you dance for the girls?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #9420) on Friday, March 7, 2008 - 5:49 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

The donut box is empty, you know what the means?

Night kids.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By BOOM! and then there was Tara (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6330) on Friday, March 7, 2008 - 6:19 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Ahhhhhh.... buuurrrrp!!!!
Guy and I closed down the shop and went out for lunch. We went to the BrewHouse and had the best cheeseburger in town and locally brewed beer :-) :-)
So NOT dietetic but friggin good!!!
Now I really want a nap.
Night Jerry

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration