BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Community Chat: It's Saturday...what's everyone doing?
Bonaire Talk: Community Chat: Archives: Archives 2008: Archive- 2008-03-01 to 2008-03-31: It's Saturday...what's everyone doing?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kobi in Virginia***Bonaire in May (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4898) on Saturday, March 1, 2008 - 9:09 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Weekend is here and the fun begins :-)
So far this morning (and it started at 4:30 am est for me) I have gone outside 4 different times to allow some certain 3 lb. someone to go potty! Finally had success at 7:30...OYE!

Yesterday is was frigid here with some wind so NOT fun to be outside. I am still chilled to the bone and pray I am not getting ill. Flu has hit our business/office with one currently down and one that's fighting it off. I haven't been sick for a looong time and haven't missed a day of work for almost 5 years so I don't need illness!

Today will be more POTTY training and some chores which I am sure will involve an Oreck as said trainee loves to shred tissues and paper :-) Will have to grocery shop, later, or we will all starve LOL.

Tom, safe travels if you are heading home!
Patrick, hope you're feeling a bit better?

Hope everyone has a great day; I'm going to make it one!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob...no april showers) (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2570) on Saturday, March 1, 2008 - 9:32 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

laundry backlog...
grocery shopping (fridge empty)
do exercise #17 (should have been #37)
shoot some film

i'm supposed to be doing taxes...

guess it can wait;)

and it's march so next month its bonaire:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim McPeak (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1372) on Saturday, March 1, 2008 - 9:34 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

If Kathi feels better, we are going to go up to NYC for the afternoon and evening. My best friend has a son who started up a band with four doctors from NYC. They are making their debut tonight in a club. Hope nobody gets called out on an emergency during the set.

Also, I am waiting for Tim to call me this afternoon, as they had a very grueling week, spent mostly outside in the elements. KIV, you know what the Virginia weather has been like this past week. I know they were out for at least three of those nights.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By **Patrick who herds sharks on Bonaire** (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2651) on Saturday, March 1, 2008 - 9:38 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

NO back is still killing me as I have to sit in the office this morning because we are now having the carpets cleaned. No place for me to lay down now as the carpets are now damp. Muscle relaxers and Advil will hopefully get me through the morning until I can get home to the bed to easy the pain in my lower back some.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By C Poteet (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #450) on Saturday, March 1, 2008 - 9:57 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Pat -

I have had some rather excellent luck with an over-the-counter pain reliever (actually a combination of pain relievers) when nothing else worked.

I do not know if it would work for you, but if you would like to learn about it, send me an e-mail directly.

I am not a doctor and this is not a solicitation for services or product. It is simply that I have had such good luck with the combination, that I want others who might benefit to know about it.

Charles Poteet
Dallas

P.S. I tried to send you an e-mail directly, but for some reason it bounced.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tribs, Bonaire Bound in May (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5482) on Saturday, March 1, 2008 - 9:58 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Morning everyone! Sorry you are still in pain Patrick.

I'm in Springfield at my students' conference. I got to meet Tami and Mike last night. We had dinner together - but I forgot to take pictures! LOL! We met at my hotel and it was so funny. I was on the mezzanine level and draped my BT flag over the railing and this woman held up a Bonaire Shore Diving Made Easy book. I couldn't stop laughing! BT has secret codes!!! :-)

Everyone try to have a great day! I'm off to the capitol to watch the students run through their legislative simulations. Cheers all!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Debbie Babcock (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6830) on Saturday, March 1, 2008 - 10:20 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Think I will jump in the Bonairean ocean today and see some fish. :-) Last day for me in paradise.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By **PegiSue Slap** #4 in July!! (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3677) on Saturday, March 1, 2008 - 10:20 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Well, this is my day....
http://www.beacononlinenews.com/dailyitem.php?itemnum=632
...I'm hoping it'll be prosperous!!:-)
WHERE'S BH!!!:-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By **PegiSue Slap** #4 in July!! (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3678) on Saturday, March 1, 2008 - 10:22 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Debbie, it's SATURDAY!!! Don't forget the chicken!! Somethin' to munch on 'til dinner tonite...or it can be dinner tonite!!:-)
I know Gregg won't remind you!!!LOL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kobi in Virginia***Bonaire in May (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4903) on Saturday, March 1, 2008 - 10:30 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Jim, I know Tim was a bit chilly here in VA. We have had some crazy wind and low temps; in the teens at night...brrrr! I hope he and his fellow men were somewhat warm. Let us know how he's doing!
Enjoy NYC and the band; sounds fun!

Bob, you're gonna be a busy man today :-)

Patrick, big hugs to you. I am so sorry you're in pain. Get well soon!!!

Debbie, have a good snorkel day.

PegiSue...enjoy all the bikers! I hope a lot of them brought some moolah to drop at your shop!

Tribs, have fun and glad you got to meet some BT folks!

Whew, we're a busy bunch today for sure :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #9288) on Saturday, March 1, 2008 - 10:58 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Good morning Kids.
Snowing a bit, again!
Working till 4:00 today.

Patrick, when we said "go out and pick up some women." We did not mean 3' over your head!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kobi in Virginia***Bonaire in May (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4906) on Saturday, March 1, 2008 - 11:03 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Ah Ha......the truth! Finally :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denise K ** Bonaire trip June 08 (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1790) on Saturday, March 1, 2008 - 11:16 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Debbie, enjoy every sun shiney Bonaire warm water awesome fish moment :-) I am anxiously awaiting being in your place, literally - Ha!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cecil (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6134) on Saturday, March 1, 2008 - 11:20 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Well another Saturday another nor'easter and many tons of sn0w to move. Been there done that getting old. I'll wait for it to stop. But two weeks from right now, do you know where I'll be?

Probably siting on the runway at Hartsfield waiting for takeoff to BON.

Patrick good luck with the back, I hate bad backs. Kobi get over it (best thing to do when getting sick).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denise K ** Bonaire trip June 08 (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1791) on Saturday, March 1, 2008 - 11:23 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

PS, I hope ALOT of those bikers are also lovers of the Caribbean, snorkelers, divers - people who will want lots of your 'stuff'. Can youhear the music at your place?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #9290) on Saturday, March 1, 2008 - 11:25 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Cecil, snowing like hell here in Andover right now. They say the end of the snow line is close.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kobi in Virginia***Bonaire in May (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4910) on Saturday, March 1, 2008 - 11:26 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks, Cecil...there is a lot I have to "get over" :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kobi in Virginia***Bonaire in May (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4911) on Saturday, March 1, 2008 - 11:28 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Heck, pretty soon we'll be whining about mowing the yard though.

mow mow mow your yard

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By LaDonna (19 DAYS) (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3438) on Saturday, March 1, 2008 - 11:33 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

We are also sitting here....just watching the white stuff fall. They are saying 6"-11" here, but since we are already at almost 6" and it's not supposed to stop until after 4pm.....:-( I just read a story that said this is the 19th storm of the season :-( I am sooooooo sick of shoveling......next house I buy will NOT have decks!!!! I am going to try to take pics of the aftermath to post tomorrow.

Cecil, We need to meet up in Bon in a couple of weeks, and drink a toast to escaping this sh.....uhhh stuff for a little while!!!!

oh well......off to suit up.......

LaDonna

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #9293) on Saturday, March 1, 2008 - 11:45 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

It's really coming down now, flakes are jumbo size.
k

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By **PegiSue Slap** #4 in July!! (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3680) on Saturday, March 1, 2008 - 11:48 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I got Buffett playing, loudly!!:-)
I LOVE these people!!!!!:-)

Ahhhhh....BH.....
Patriot Guard in front of MY place!! I'm safe!!
nice bike too!! there's a few of them parked right here!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim McPeak (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1376) on Saturday, March 1, 2008 - 11:51 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Jerry, old Indian expression, "Little snow mean big snow. Big snow mean little snow." Here is an old Irish expression from me. When TF is spring and summer going to be here?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #9294) on Saturday, March 1, 2008 - 11:55 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

July 9th!

I went out on the deck last to smoke a cigar, it froze to my lips!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By marge karalis (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #713) on Saturday, March 1, 2008 - 12:25 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I'm going over all our dive/camera equipment, since we returned last Saturday to make our replacement purchases. Need........
#1 Night Dive Strobe
#2 Replacement diffuser for Ikelite housing-Lost
#3 Replacement EV Controller-Flooded 1st week
#4 Dive Skin for Ernie-Aid in donning the 5 Mil
Henderson wet suit he fights getting on
#5 Dive watch for me-flooded first week
#6 Mini Otter Case-carry keys,money, Drivers Lic.
#7 New battery system for camera-Mine go dead

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #9295) on Saturday, March 1, 2008 - 1:01 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Patrick, I'm here, just went to make pee-pee when you called.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tad Jones (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #183) on Saturday, March 1, 2008 - 1:03 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Peg Sue,

I've got Buffett playing too!!! Usually listen to Radio Margaritaville, but Battle Ax got me the 2 CD and DVD "Live in Anguilla". It's awesome!! "School Boy Heart" is one of my favorite Buffett songs. I've got the studio version, but does anyone know if he has a live one on CD?

I'm doing the chores I have been assigned. Battle Ax is power shopping, and having lunch with a couple of girlfriends. If I complete most of the tasks....she will allow me to take her out to dinner tonight. Gotta' get back to work!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kobi in Virginia***Bonaire in May (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4914) on Saturday, March 1, 2008 - 1:08 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Tad

Jerry, are you making yellow snow?!

PS, looks like a busy sidewalk. Hope they have their wallets :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dark Side of the moon for RosAnne (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2168) on Saturday, March 1, 2008 - 1:52 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Jerry, the picture is beautiful! (I mean it!) It's foggy here but soon will give way to sun, 60 degrees right now and Rajan has his first T-ball game, birthday party this afternoon and out to diner tonight. I hope everyone has a great weekend and Patrick, hope you get better soon! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kobi in Virginia***Bonaire in May (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4916) on Saturday, March 1, 2008 - 1:58 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Go get 'em Rajan.....hit a home run :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Boat Chick************** (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4536) on Saturday, March 1, 2008 - 2:38 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Morning all:-)

Jerry, I still think it's pretty:-) I have to ask though, who comes into the bike store in weather like this???? Do you have bike snow tires?

Patrick, feel better soon.

Kobi, two of our dogs LOVE kleenex and TP...I don't get it. Hope you don't get sick.

PS, sell lots of stuff.

Jim, I'm jealous...NYC for the night...I LOVE that town.

tribs, who's Tammy and Mike?

Cecil, bob, Tad, LaDonna, Rosanne, Denise hi:-)

Lazy day for me, breakfast, work out, then go shopping for dinner. We are having poker night with dick and grace:-)

(Message edited by cyndelee on March 1, 2008)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #9296) on Saturday, March 1, 2008 - 3:16 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Sorry I have been MIA, sold a bunch today, spring is in the air kids.

Cynde, what about that boat ride?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Boat Chick************** (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4539) on Saturday, March 1, 2008 - 3:32 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Jerry...huh?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #9297) on Saturday, March 1, 2008 - 3:45 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Taking Tuffy out?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Boat Chick************** (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4540) on Saturday, March 1, 2008 - 3:49 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

LOl...not today, tomorrow:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kobi in Virginia***Bonaire in May (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4917) on Saturday, March 1, 2008 - 3:50 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Cynde...... :-)

I need to get off my tush and run errands but have been outside for the last 30 mins with the furkids. Has warmed up to mid 40's, stiff breeze so wind chill in effect. Not overly warm but they have fur and I don't & they wanna stay out longer, I don't :-)

I snapped a few shots as they flew around the yard. This new kid on the block has two speeds.....100mph and OFF. Right now they are all three OFF and snoring on the couch LOL!

Bubbles with Bini pinned on the ground.  6 lbs. vs. maybe 3 lbs!

bubbles running to me; she listens on occasion

Bits, my old gal.  She will be 11 this month!

Bits visitng our neighbors black lab.  His name is Coach.  Don't ya love my chicken wire job?!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kobi in Virginia***Bonaire in May (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4918) on Saturday, March 1, 2008 - 3:53 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I'm having a posting MOMENT....

(Message edited by ayorkiemom on March 1, 2008)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kobi in Virginia***Bonaire in May (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4919) on Saturday, March 1, 2008 - 3:55 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Darnit....it's actually Bill Gates' fault; sorry guys!

PegiSue's other daughter

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #9298) on Saturday, March 1, 2008 - 4:41 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

KIV, you are a lucky girl.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #9299) on Saturday, March 1, 2008 - 4:55 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Time to spend some time with Caymus, no more donuts left.

Duck brest with a olive, ginger and honey tonight, new receipt, should be fun???

Play nice kids.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #9300) on Saturday, March 1, 2008 - 4:56 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Welcome home Tom!

700 to go.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Becky H 19 days and counting (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1665) on Saturday, March 1, 2008 - 5:09 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Kobi - she's a real cutie!!! And the "right" size.

I recently had a client bring in a "Yorkie" that was 6 months old and 15# - yep you read that right, 15#. He was about 10" at the shoulder. Me thinks she got "took" via an internet puppy purchase. He even had papers... from the ACA (American Canine Association - whatever the heck that is). Sadly, 1 month later he ended up at the pound. He'd have been an awesome agility dog.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Becky H 13 days and counting (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1666) on Saturday, March 1, 2008 - 5:12 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

ooops forgot to update my profile name

That's better, 13 days not 19. Now back to the regularly scheduled Saturday.

Jerry... is your snow at least starting to melt a bit in the sun? Ours is... Woooo hoooo! We did get 3 more inches of the darn stuff yesterday, though.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Liz .... back to Bon 5/10 (BonaireTalker - Post #49) on Saturday, March 1, 2008 - 5:32 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Kobi - your dogs are really cute :-) I have one dog - Pembroke Welsh Corgi - and her ability to shed is unsurpassed by any other creature on the planet. So, the Dyson is out on a daily basis :-)

My day, so far.....work out at the gym, grocery shop, have lunch with Hubby, run a few errands and start cleaning out closets in preparation for move. Wow, throw in some tax preparation, and that sounds like one heck of a Saturday, huh? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denise K ** Bonaire trip June 08 (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1798) on Saturday, March 1, 2008 - 5:36 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

we did see a peek of sun, but grey skies again

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Julia Graves (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1250) on Saturday, March 1, 2008 - 5:45 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I am sick, really bad stomach and head and aching bones and everything and feeling very sorry for myself. I have stopped eating and hit the peppermint tea, daren't even drink coffee.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denise K ** Bonaire trip June 08 (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1799) on Saturday, March 1, 2008 - 5:58 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Julia, my mother's cure was always a nice hot bath; relax with bath oil and candles. Whatever works for you, I hope you feel much better very soon :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Boat Chick************** (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4541) on Saturday, March 1, 2008 - 6:23 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Kobi, they are so cute, I'd love to have a little Bubbles:-)

Becky, so the new owners of the puppy gave it to the pound?

julia, feel better.

Jerry, can I come over for dinner?

Searching Rachel Ray recipes for something to make for poker night. Dick and Grace are coming over.

hey, I rode the exercise bike for over an HOUR! It's much easier now than it was a week ago...it feels soooo good to start getting back in shape:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By **PegiSue Slap** #4 in July!! (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3681) on Saturday, March 1, 2008 - 6:45 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I don't have time to read everything right now, I will later, I promise...I did see pics of Bubbles!!! OMG!! HOW CUTE IS SHE!!:-)

About today....all I can say is...
WOW!!
DeLand kicks a@@ for Bike Week!! Almost everyone was saying that they liked DeLand better than Daytona!!! Loves it!!:-)
I'd say 70,000+++++!!!:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kobi in Virginia***Bonaire in May (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4924) on Saturday, March 1, 2008 - 7:40 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Saturday is winding down at the Yorkie compound. I feel mucho better so maybe was just allergy issues for moi! Did make it to Wally World and dropped a few dollars for food stuffs and other sundries. I even bought myself a Virginia wine to sip on later; Chateau Morissette Sweet Mountain Laurel....MMMMM MMMM good :-)

Jerry, din din sounds awesome :-)

Liz, you had a good day although I don't envy you with moving. Now, we just need to meet up on BON and chit chat some in May!

Becky, that's what we call a jumbo shrimp in the Yorkie world. How terribly sad for that little one! Wish, someone, they could have gotten him into a Yorkie rescue! I have to do a home visit this week on a local couple who wants to adopt a Yorkie. I am affiliated with a Yorkie rescue group based in PA. Sad we have quite a few that need placing but better them to be fostered than in a shelter/pound :-(

Cynde, way to go girl on the workout!! You're doing it!!!

PegiSue, that's a nice number...70K! Wow, I hope you got some of the moolah those 70K peeps were carrying around :-)

Julia hope you get better VERY soon.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kobi in Virginia***Bonaire in May (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4925) on Saturday, March 1, 2008 - 7:43 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Oooo Becky, you have less than 2 weeks girl!!! That's a great countdown :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gail T. (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2745) on Saturday, March 1, 2008 - 8:05 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Wow - what a busy crew! You guys are awesome.

I was a slug most of the day..... playing computer games or reading. Then late afternoon I kicked it in gear and ran the mower over the yard. It wasn't so much to cut the grass, but to mulch the leaves. We get fall in January and February here! There WERE a few spots of taller green grass, compliments of Chaos, so it looks nice all evened up.

We're having an adult night here. I usually go get the grandgirls around 4 pm every Saturday, but John and I decided we'd done enough "on duty" this week and we'll just see them tomorrow. John is catching up on 3 "Lost" episodes while I'm just piddling around. This bug has been renamed by John as the 'Boomerang Flu'. Just when you think you've paid your dues you start to feel like crap again. Can you say - Take out and Delivery?

Then a friend from high school called and wanted me to go to the reunion this August..... She's the only one I have contact with from back then, and doesn't understand why I have no interest in going. It's been 40 flippin' years! I don't know those people anymore! Maybe if I'd lived in "small town" Connecticut since then, I'd be interested, but frankly, I wouldn't know any of my old classmates if I'd tripped over them! So do you all still attend high school class reunions?!

I hope your day - and evening! - is everything you'd wish for today. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By **PegiSue Slap** #4 in July!! (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3682) on Saturday, March 1, 2008 - 9:16 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Gail, I saw a few people I went to high school with today....I will NEVER go to another reunion!! Let's all say "OMG" together...that's what it was like!! OMG!!! And they actually CHARGE US to go to these things!!! Stopppppppppp!!!LOL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barbara "CB" Gibson (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1624) on Saturday, March 1, 2008 - 9:25 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Yup. For me, high school is not a golden time I look back upon with fondness...not going back...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Becky H 13 days and counting (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1667) on Saturday, March 1, 2008 - 9:45 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I agree, I keep in contact with the ONE friend I care to from high school (well really, we did Catholic grade school together too) and that's it.

Reunions are just a dog and pony show in my opinion, and if I want to see grown people drink till they puke and dress like street walkers, I'll go downtown at 2am.

Hated high school, won't ever attend another reunion - they use up precious vacation time I'd rather use for important things like diving or BT mini-meets! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Becky H 13 days and counting (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1668) on Saturday, March 1, 2008 - 9:47 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Cynde - yep... they gave him up after only 1-2 months of owning him. Guess he was too much work. :-( At least he's neutered now and will make someone a wonderful pet.
The local shelter does a great job and keeps them till they find homes! :-)

Kobi - Jumbo shrimp... I like it!!:-) Fits him too!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freddie (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #9752) on Saturday, March 1, 2008 - 9:51 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

CB you have email!!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kobi in Virginia***Bonaire in May (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4926) on Saturday, March 1, 2008 - 9:54 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Awww.....I hope that Jumbo Shrimp found his forever home and he's happy and they are too! Thanks for sharing; makes me feel better :-)

And, Becky, thanks for doing what you do!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barbara "CB" Gibson (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1625) on Saturday, March 1, 2008 - 10:07 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Got it, freddie.

I'm feeling better about the Jumbo Shrimp too. I've never had a little dog, always big galoots. My last was a black lab that was the dog of a lifetime.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freddie (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #9753) on Saturday, March 1, 2008 - 10:11 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks CB I sent "it" on ..hee hee..

(Message edited by scubahb on March 1, 2008)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freddie (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #9754) on Saturday, March 1, 2008 - 10:16 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

It is about time for me to hit the hay here tonight but before I close the lid on the laptop, I want to pass on some needed hugs to our Pro BT lurker.. We had a nice chat today and I hope that if anyone has a spare hug that you will send it to Pro BT lurker.. They deserve it really BIG time..
Hugs to you both
BIG HUGS

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kobi in Virginia***Bonaire in May (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4928) on Saturday, March 1, 2008 - 10:17 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Well, gang, I'm gonna call it a Saturday. I tore up my Chateau Morissette wine & now have heavy eye lids :-) Had a little cork screw accident and now le cork is in le wine too LOL! DOH
I AM a party animal...LMAO :-)
See y'all tomorrow.

see I spelled the wine name wrong and had to edit my post; I drank too much LOL!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kobi in Virginia***Bonaire in May (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4929) on Saturday, March 1, 2008 - 10:19 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

BT HUGS abound

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barbara "CB" Gibson (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1626) on Saturday, March 1, 2008 - 10:20 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Nitey-nite, friends.

I'm still working on taxes. Been chained to the desk all day. Eric should get home pretty soon,and he promised to take me to dinner....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ***Tom Sweating For You In Florida*** (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #6399) on Saturday, March 1, 2008 - 11:05 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi all, just flew in and boy are my arms...... oh, nevermind.

Hey Pro Lurker, big frost covered hugs coming at you.

Night all, Boris and Riley are spastic, they need some "Dad" time:-)

Life is good and it is good to be King:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Superturtle-Maybe Dreams can come True!! (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3044) on Saturday, March 1, 2008 - 11:32 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Evening All...
Work today - in at 9AM, home at 7 PM.

Tired Turtle!!

Better than yesterday - sn*w storm - double the time to get home!! :-(

Off tomorrow - get to play trains..... All Day! Club Open House.

Thank Heavens I also have Monday off!!! :-) :-)

Pro Lurker, this one's for you, but there's plenty to go around!!!

Big Hugs More BIG Hugs

And another, for good measure!!!

Awwww - Great BIG Bear Hugs for everyone!! :-) :-)

:-) Bill :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gail T. (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2749) on Saturday, March 1, 2008 - 11:37 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Oh - I'm so sad and so glad for you. zzzzzzzzzzso sad that you had to go back to the frozen north east, but that you're back with the one's that loves you so much!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jane Rene Dozier (BonaireTalker - Post #64) on Sunday, March 2, 2008 - 12:26 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

It was around 80* here in Dallas today. Spring is in the air! Two more weeks 'til B-day. That is Bonaire Day! Can't wait to hit the water!
Jane

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By LaDonna (18 DAYS) (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3439) on Sunday, March 2, 2008 - 1:35 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

For those of you who like sn*w pics.....this is the shed in my back yard.....
shed
and this is the path to the bird feeder.....you can no longer see the bird feeder.....
path

And, oh boy....we have another storm on tap for Tue night into Wed......YIPPPPEEEEE!!!!! This one will be "wintery mix" YUCK!!!!!

LaDonna

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Boat Chick************** (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4544) on Sunday, March 2, 2008 - 1:44 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

LaDonna...wow...that is a LOT of snow...WOW...

hugs to the Pro BT Lurker from me as well:-)
hugs to you pro BT lurker

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Boat Chick************** (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4545) on Sunday, March 2, 2008 - 1:45 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

hugs to you Pro BT Lurker

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dark Side of the moon for RosAnne (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2171) on Sunday, March 2, 2008 - 3:19 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I love the snow pictures!!
Dear Pro Lurker, Big Hugs coming your way from California!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By BlueHarley (BonaireTalker - Post #48) on Wednesday, March 26, 2008 - 3:39 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

TwentySeven001 006

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration