BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Moving to Bonaire: Bonaire Buraucracy
Bonaire Talk: Moving to Bonaire: Bonaire Buraucracy
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mac Medow (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #2) on Tuesday, May 11, 2010 - 11:10 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

If you are neither Dutch nor Antillean you will never be accepted with-in the Antillean system.
As there are regulations for long-term residents or people from the US, the emigration office will not apply the law.
They will use he law where it suits their political orientation.
I’m a long time resident holding an infinite permit and so does my wife.
My baby girl is 7 months old, born on the Antilles, I had to pay $ 1200.00 bond and $ 200.00 paperwork expenses.
She still is not accepted by the island as a citizen and now 7 months old still does not have any SVB (medical) Insurance.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric M. "CamMan" (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1091) on Wednesday, May 12, 2010 - 11:16 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

What insurance do you use? Just curious.

e.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pietri Hausmann (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #413) on Thursday, May 13, 2010 - 3:55 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

been here for over 30 years and other than frustrations, have never really had any problems with my papers nor being accepted into the system. I now receive a pension and have my SVB insurance. I am a permanent resident but still hold my USA passport ... altho now that the process has been simplified I am in process for a Dutch passport. Perhaps your frustration is that the law here is that your children must take the passport nationality of the father .. being born in the antilles does not automatically give them a Dutch passport or rights .. so if you are not Antillian dutch - your child must immigrate .. my son was born here 28 years ago to american parents and at that time as parents we had to get him an american passport, immigrate him and provide medical insurance .. it really all boils down to the passport nationality of the father...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mac Medow (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #5) on Friday, May 14, 2010 - 10:04 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Correct, I do understand we as emigrants we all have to go through the paperwork mill, it’s OK if it takes more than 6 months, what I don’t accept is that an infant will not receive SVB medical insurance until she is registered with the “Bevolking”.
This is not correct specially when the parents hold residency papers and pay a high insurance fee simply because we work in the dive industry.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration