BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Bonaire Photography & Videography: Underwater camera rental
Bonaire Talk: Bonaire Photography & Videography: Archives: Archives 2008: Underwater camera rental
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By toni beck (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #6) on Sunday, July 13, 2008 - 12:32 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

i will be visiting bonaire in oct and was wondering if there is a place to rent an underwater camera. if so where and how much? trying to plan budget too lol thanx

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ChrisA (BonaireTalker - Post #72) on Monday, July 14, 2008 - 12:20 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Fish Eye Photo rents underwater cameras. It is in the Den Laman resort just north of Eden Beach 3/4 of the way around the traffic circle. I rented one last year but was not very happy with the results and ended up buying my own for my last trip. If you're good at photoshop, you might get better results.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denise K ** Bonaire trip June 08 (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1987) on Tuesday, July 15, 2008 - 9:25 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

We rented one there last week and was very satisfied. We were first going to rent one at Habitat but they were all out, so wherever you want to rent, you may want to reserve ahead of time.

Rentals were from about 50$ to $75 per day for basic set up, more for video cameras. And less per day if renting for a week. Plus Tax. I believe we paid $55 per day + tax for a camera, housing. and strobe.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denise K ** Bonaire trip June 08 (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1988) on Tuesday, July 15, 2008 - 9:28 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Note: at Habitat, they were willing to sell me the camera and housing, try it as a rental then apply the rental costs to the cost of buying it. However, the cost was $325 more than if I bought it on line and with alot less memory than buying it on line (including shipping charges). I'd rather save the $, and shop around before buying from just the limited selection of what they had.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By DiveWarm (BonaireTalker - Post #14) on Wednesday, July 16, 2008 - 8:45 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I'll second the recommendation to go to Fish Eye, though I'd say go for ANY photography needs. Tim (the owner) is fabulous, and extremely knowledgeable about all aspects of photography.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration