BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Local Items: Election Results?
Bonaire Talk: Local Items: Archives: Archives 2007: Archives - 2007-01-01 to 2007-06-30: Election Results?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vince DePietro (Bellevue Condos # 9) (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #866) on Saturday, April 21, 2007 - 10:17 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Who has news of the elections & your views of the potential implications of same.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rosanne (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1329) on Saturday, April 21, 2007 - 11:39 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I'm waiting to hear also! It was really heating up last week and when talking to residents, the outcome will have a huge impact on everything.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alex Brown (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #224) on Saturday, April 21, 2007 - 12:44 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I'm told the Green Party won and retained the same majority of seats over the Red Party. The Orange Party did not win any seats.

I also heard that the voter turnout was 90%. I wish the U.S. could achieve something even close to that!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan - www.bonairecaribbean.com (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2677) on Saturday, April 21, 2007 - 2:42 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Last night was an interesting site all around the island...Kaya Korona near the Red Party Headquarters was lined with cars, people and everything red. I saw Green Party gatherings all over. My friend went to the Green Party Parade the other night and claims 500 cars attended. Many junk cars (smoking black exhaust) were seen driving with their cars fully painted green and some red. Cars, both private and rentals were littered with flags and stickers. People were wearing red, orange and green headbands, shirts and attire. It has been a very interesting few days. I was told Green won 5 seats and Red won 4 seats. I pray the agenda is for education, health care, elder issues, the environment and ecotourism.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marcus L. Barnes (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #894) on Saturday, April 21, 2007 - 4:00 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

So is the Green Party the full speed ahead economic growth party?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vince DePietro (Bellevue Condos # 9) (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #867) on Saturday, April 21, 2007 - 6:18 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Marcus.. I know the Bonaire reporter in their Jan 12th New Years edition predicted the UPB's R. Booi (green party) would get re-elected. Looks like "a hit" for their predictive skills and the good people of the island have voted & chosen for those in power to remain. Personally from what I've been able to gleen from what I've read, I'm optimistic.
Now if they can make some headway on a major waste treatment I'd even be happier. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marcus L. Barnes (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #895) on Saturday, April 21, 2007 - 6:25 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Agree 100% with you on the waste treatment issue Vince.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Thorpe (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #105) on Sunday, April 22, 2007 - 1:10 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

So what does this do for the "Status Quo"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marcus L. Barnes (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #896) on Sunday, April 22, 2007 - 10:27 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I did notice the Bonaire Reporter article that talked about the debate at City Cafe stated that the head of the Green Party thought that cruise ships were necessary for tourist revenue.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration