BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting around Bonaire: Scooter Question
Bonaire Talk: Getting around Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999 - 2006: Archives - 2002-09-11 to 2004-06-30: Scooter Question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Taylor Winston (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #5) on Thursday, November 6, 2003 - 12:45 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We will be in Bonaire in January to snorkel and want to rent scooters to get around the island for a few days. We do not want to rent a car or truck. My question is if we stop at a site to snorkel will the scooters be safe? I have read about the trouble of thieves breaking into cars and stealing everything from shorts to cash. Is there a problem with scooters themselves getting stolen? How about towels or a mesh bag we leave on shore with the scooters during our snorkel? Any thoughts?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Carter (BonaireTalker - Post #16) on Tuesday, December 16, 2003 - 12:42 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I am curious too. We hope to either rent bicycles or scooters to get around and am sort of curious how safe either are to leave at dive sites.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1710) on Tuesday, December 16, 2003 - 1:59 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

in a word....no for bikes. Scooters are okay since they are able to be locked better. Bikes have a tendency to be borrowed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nadine Rubin (BonaireTalker - Post #26) on Tuesday, January 6, 2004 - 6:14 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

You better bring plenty of sun screen and cover-ups for both legs and arms. You will fry spending the day on a scooter. There are also two different size scoots - 50 and 100cc. Large men prefer the more powerful one.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration