BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Dining: Tuesday's at Gibi's
Bonaire Talk: Dining: Archives: Archives 2008: Archives - 2008-03-01 to 2008-12-31: Tuesday's at Gibi's
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Gould (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1524) on Thursday, March 27, 2008 - 10:40 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Is BT metting place gone? According to this News letter Gibi will be cooking at Golden Reef Inn everyday! I guess we will have to find another BT meeting place?

Golden Reef Inn - For Groups of 10 or more persons, Golden Reef Inn and Villa now offers a package deal that offers Modified American Plans, which includes Chef Gibi’s “All You Can Eat Breakfast and Dinner Buffet.” This also includes a free Monday night Rum Punch Manager’s Party and Live Music Entertainment. Breakfast includes, but is not limited to, Pancakes, sausage, bacon, home fries, eggs cooked to order, tropical fruits, cereals (hot and cold), various breads, juices, coffee, tea and condiments. The buffet dinner varies nightly with items such as filet mignon, fresh catch of the day, BBQ ribs and chicken, goat stew, beef stew, garlic shrimp, rice, funchi and various salads and dessert. The Stay, Dive and Drive Package with the Modified American Plan starts at $***.00 per person, per day or $***.00 per person per week. To make your reservation, or to inquire further, contact Golden Reef Inn direct toll free at 866-790-7333, email info@goldenreefinn.com or visit http://www.goldenreefinn.com/.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tribs, Bonaire Bound in May (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5649) on Thursday, March 27, 2008 - 10:49 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Oh...:-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Debbie Babcock (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6993) on Thursday, March 27, 2008 - 11:55 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Gibi was still having BT meetings at his house this past February, heard he was doing breakfast at GRI, didn't know about the dinner thing. Not sure what is up presently though. Guess one would have to talk to Gibi to see what is up or someone on island could fill us in?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Cousino (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #6607) on Thursday, March 27, 2008 - 12:15 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Time for a change anyway IMHO. Why not find other places that can accommodate a group. Places that offer a variety of local dishes and could use a little exposure?

Is there anyone on the island or frequent visitors that might have some suggestions?

I would be willing to collect recommendations and submit the list for review in a thread. E-mail suggestions to me through the address in my profile.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Debbie Babcock (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6994) on Thursday, March 27, 2008 - 12:46 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Great Idea, Tom! I will put my thinking cap on for that one. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barbara "CB" Gibson (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1699) on Thursday, March 27, 2008 - 12:57 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Tell me fast, guys...I'll meet you there mid April!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freddie (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #9910) on Thursday, March 27, 2008 - 1:07 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Wonderful Idea Tom...LOL we do need a new place..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vince DePietro (Bellevue Condos ) (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1404) on Thursday, March 27, 2008 - 2:33 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I'll throw my suggestion into the hat..Antriol Catering. Great local food & the prices are relatively inexpensive.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Debbie Babcock (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6996) on Thursday, March 27, 2008 - 3:06 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Vince, are they open for dinner? That is new to me if they are.

Tom, I will send you my ideas as requested.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin de Weger (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4714) on Thursday, March 27, 2008 - 3:13 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Debbie, I've had dinner there, they close around 7 or 8 pm I think.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #9818) on Thursday, March 27, 2008 - 3:16 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Martin is correct.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Debbie Babcock (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6997) on Thursday, March 27, 2008 - 3:25 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Alrighty then, that is a great place, got my vote too! :-) Tom, just sent you some suggestions.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #9819) on Thursday, March 27, 2008 - 3:28 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Debbie, please go here.

http://www.oldbonairetalk.com/newsgroup/messages/23830/358096.html?1206645584

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mary pequinot (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #695) on Thursday, March 27, 2008 - 3:38 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

A few years back, BT people met at Antriol Catering. Martin, I think you were on the island getting married if I recall. There were about 10 or 11 of us-it's really just a room in the family's house. They really aimed to please and made a great dinner. I would think contacting him(I don't know his name) prior would be a must, so he would know how many. The food and evening were both great!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin de Weger (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4715) on Thursday, March 27, 2008 - 4:06 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Mary, that's true, they even stayed open longer on our behalf and all they asked for were some drinks for the staff...

It would be apropriate (SP) to make reservations.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freddie (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #9913) on Thursday, March 27, 2008 - 5:13 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Perhaps it might be a good idea to contact George at the Bonaire Reporter and have him take out or change the weekly announcement for the BT meeting place {now listed as Gibi's}

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mary pequinot (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #696) on Thursday, March 27, 2008 - 5:21 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Just make sure you check with the owner of Antriol Catering (I can't remember his name; Jake or Martin, can you help out?) He really does need notice.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2975) on Friday, March 28, 2008 - 8:24 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Antriol Catering is not open evenings. You could ask him to accommodate you but you would need to make a reservation and guarantee it.
How about El Fogon Latino..he has a lot of space and his prices are pretty good as is the food. Another place that may be willing to stay open is Papaguyo. Great burgers and reasonable prices. Here is a good suggestion. Choose 5 places and rotate them. 1st Tues is Golden Reef, Second Tuesday China Nobo, etc.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Elvis has left the building aka RosAnne (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2223) on Friday, March 28, 2008 - 12:37 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I like Michaels idea, try different places and spread the love around a little bit to various local business'.:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Kaye (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #211) on Friday, March 28, 2008 - 5:57 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We enjoyed a good BT dinner at Gibi's on March 11, just a couple of weeks ago. No talk then of any change. I see lots of suggestions for alternate BT dinner sites, but has anyone asked Gibi if he wishes to/will be able to host us? (I'm a great believer in first-hand contact and accurate info vs. speculation.)

In any case, Gibi's daily buffet at Golden Reef seems only to be offered as an option for groups of 10 or more, not really as an everyday event.

Not time to close down the BT dinners at Gibi's yet, I think.

David

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Gould*** (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1615) on Saturday, June 7, 2008 - 8:58 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

We went by Gibi's the 13th of May, and nobody was there! We went by GRI the next day and found out Gibi was there Tuesday night cooking dinner. Ron

(Message edited by ronindiana on June 7, 2008)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tribs, Live From Bonaire (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6294) on Wednesday, June 25, 2008 - 8:00 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hello everyone! I saw Gibi at Taste of Bonaire (had his goat stew - yummy!). He said he is still doing dinner at his place. You just need to call in advance so he knows how many to plan for. :-)

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration