BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: My Flight Canceled - Alternatives?
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2002-10-28 to 2003-04-30: My Flight Canceled - Alternatives?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marisa Thompson (BonaireTalker - Post #12) on Wednesday, February 5, 2003 - 1:00 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I have just found out that my trip to Bonaire is going to be canceled. Here's the reason: We have been given standby tickets for Delta and delta will only fly by Code share to Curacao, then a code share will pick up from there or mabe in Atlanta a code share plane(meaning Air Jamaica or something) and take us on o to Bonaire. Since being on standby is a good thing but now seemingly not good for Bonaire, cause the plane comes once a week,and chances are we may miss a chance to get on our plane due to being standby. So here's is my problem. I planned this trip for 3 months now and it would not be till July when I got there, but now since all this has started with availability, not sure If I can take the risk. I know that we are all pretty bias in our Opinions and Boniare is my first choice what would be a sec choice if I am not able to go.

P.S I have already been to Grand Cayman.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By clint harsch (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #229) on Wednesday, February 5, 2003 - 5:04 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

For ease to get to Cancun, Grand Bahama or Puerto Rico.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ida Christie (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #758) on Wednesday, February 5, 2003 - 5:13 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Turks & Caicos? Puerto Rico viz isn't that great.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jill Ganderton (BonaireTalker - Post #54) on Wednesday, February 5, 2003 - 5:30 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Marisa, that's too bad....where are you starting from?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gregg brewer (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #174) on Wednesday, February 5, 2003 - 6:28 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Marisa,

You may be worrying more than necessary...Delta codeshares with Air Jamaica which flies multiple days per week to Bonaire connecting in Montego Bay. Delta is now scheduled (not sure if they started as publicized) to fly to Cur one day per week (on Saturday)...then it is a simple hop over to Boniare...DCA flies several flights per day. DiviDivi flies multiple times per day (I think this is Jake's favorite). I believe the probability of getting a standbye ticket to Cur from Atlanta is very very high. Call Delta and ask them the availability of seats...how full are the flights...Your other option is to use your standbye ticket and go to Aruba...then jump over to Bonaire. You will not find the type of diving freedom you find in Bonaire anywhere else...especially Cancun/Cozumel.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration