BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Leg room?
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 1999-06-02 to 2001-12-31: Leg room?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anonymous on Monday, April 24, 2000 - 7:24 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

How long is the flight from Miami to Bonaire?

How is ALM service? Do they have and leg room?
I am 6'3" and anymore just about don't fit on most airlines.

How long is the stop over?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jake Richter - NetTech on Monday, April 24, 2000 - 7:42 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

These days, IMHO (In My Humble Opinion), the best reason to fly ALM is that they have great knee room in coach - more than any other U.S. airline does. (I'm also 6'3")

The flight from Miami to Curacao is about 2 hours 45 minutes, as I recall, with the stopover/layover in Curacao taking anywhere from 30 minutes (if no change of planes and if they rush) to 1.5 hours or more if there is a change of planes.

However, pack a carry on with everything you'll absolutely need for the day or two after arrival, as ALM has lately been getting very bad at delivering the luggage of passengers at the same time as they deliver passengers. Out of 5 ALM flights to Bonaire this year by myself and guests visiting us here, luggage was delayed by as much as 2 days three times (60%). Most dive shops now have a "distressed flyer" program that provides free or lowcost equipment rental for people whose luggage lags their arrival, by the way.

Jake

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alan & Joan Zale on Monday, April 24, 2000 - 7:43 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

We have never flown directly from Miami to Bonaire on ALM. We have flown American to Curacao and the flight takes about 2 1/2 hours. The layover in Curacao is not bad. Sometimes as little as 30 minutes. Sometimes a little over an hour. The flight to Bonaire is then about 12 minutes, most times on a Dash-8 prop plane. If you have happen to catch the jet flight it's about eight minutes.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration