BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Bon via Caracas
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Bon via Caracas
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Guilherme Losch (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #10) on Thursday, January 6, 2011 - 12:28 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi, I´m going next March from Brazil to Bonaire via Caracas. Anyone with recent experience with that?
Regards,
Guilherme

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Guilherme Losch (BonaireTalker - Post #11) on Monday, January 10, 2011 - 8:43 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

No one? Wow!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brigitte Kley - Coco Palm Garden (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #931) on Monday, January 10, 2011 - 9:12 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I think you have more chance to get an answer on a Brasilian Forum as it is the Brasilians who go through Caracas .
I think there are not many Brasilians an this Forum, but mostly North Americans and Europeans.

From our guests from Brasil I know they try to avoid Caracas and like to fly with Varig into Aruba or even St.Maarten and than to Bonaire. A few took a flight from Brasil to Ecuador and than KLM to Bonaire.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Guilherme Losch (BonaireTalker - Post #13) on Monday, January 10, 2011 - 9:26 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks for your response, Brigitte. Unfortunately, the tickets are already bought...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mickey McCarthy (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #899) on Monday, January 10, 2011 - 4:56 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Gulherme
I'm definitely not an expert on Caracas, but from what I see it looks like the track will be DAE through Curacao. I could not find any direct flights although I know there use to be one.
Mickey

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pietri Hausmann (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #478) on Monday, January 10, 2011 - 5:03 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

i fly often to visit my family on the colombian/vz. frontera .. altho easy thru caracas i try to avoid it as delays are frequent and long ..often resulting in missing the cur/bon connection. i try to route thru bogota as it is more reliable with a lot more options. Also the departure tax in Caracas is a killer ... close to usa$100. Columbia none from bogota. .... what airline are you using? that also can make a BIG difference.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Guilherme Losch (BonaireTalker - Post #14) on Monday, January 10, 2011 - 10:06 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi, i already bought the tickets from DAE. They changed the website so now the tickets can be bought online. Luck for us that the flight will arrive in Caracas at 3:30-4 pm and the flight to Curaçao 8 pm. We'll sleep there and in the morning get the flight to Bonaire. We tried the bogota way but our schedule was not compatible with the flights from BRA to there. We will be flying GOL.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pietri Hausmann (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #480) on Wednesday, January 12, 2011 - 8:20 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

DAE is frequently delayed but always in my experience will fly..sometimes very late ..just be prepared ..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pietri Hausmann (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #482) on Wednesday, January 12, 2011 - 9:53 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

how could i forget .. the Caracas airport is absolutely sub-zero freezing .. bring a jacket!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Guilherme Losch (BonaireTalker - Post #16) on Wednesday, January 12, 2011 - 9:56 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thank you, Pietri. I´ll remember that!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration