BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Flying from Pittsburgh in Aug!
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 2006-2008: Archives - 2008-01-01 to 2008-02-29: Flying from Pittsburgh in Aug!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darenda Lease (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #2) on Tuesday, January 29, 2008 - 2:15 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Any suggestion on traveling in Aug to Bonaire from Pittsbugh, Pa. We can leave during the week and leave our of Bonaire mid-week or fly weekends. Any suggestions. This is for a family of 5 with kids 18-13

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Blanchard (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #301) on Tuesday, January 29, 2008 - 2:48 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I think Delta from Atlanta may be a good alternative. It is direct flight. There are many flights to Atlanta from Pittsburgh.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Schamp (BonaireTalker - Post #94) on Tuesday, January 29, 2008 - 2:49 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

August is "hurricane season". Even tho Bonaire isn't normally impacted, the airlines drop fares from August through early December for this reason.
If you want to play a waiting game, hang in there till July and maybe grab something on AA for around $450 RT apiece...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Woodward (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #127) on Tuesday, January 29, 2008 - 2:49 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Probably the easiest would be Delta via Atlanta on Saturdays lv Atl 2pm--the return is good too--lv Bonaire about 4pm.

or late nite Saturdays on Continental via Newark, return lv Bonaire 7am ish on Sundays.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Christina Glass (BonaireTalker - Post #42) on Wednesday, January 30, 2008 - 10:11 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I fly (Continental) Pgh to Newark direct to Bonaire every 3 months or so with my kids (13 &14). You leave Pgh on Saturday night around 5 pm then layover in Newark until 11:55 pm Saturday night. Arrive on Bonaire around 4:30 Sunday morning. It isn't to bad of a trip. There are optional flights through the week if you fly to Aruba instead then hop on one of the smaller airlines to get to Bonaire. But the Pgh/Newark/Bonaire is the easiest and quickest flight we have found so far. I read somewhere that in February Continental is supposed to be starting a Wednesday flight into Bonaire but so far only know about the Saturday/Sunday flight in and the Sunday departing flights on Continental.

My husband flew AA from Pgh once here and had several layovers in Chicago and Puerto Rico but it's an option as well. The Continental flights were cheaper though.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kristen Tucker (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #6) on Friday, February 1, 2008 - 1:50 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I would agree with the Continental flight from Newark, NJ. It is direct from Newark, however it only goes out and returns once a week, so you can't stay a week and a half, or 4 days, for example...you pretty much have to stay exactly a week. The plane ride from Pitt to NJ can't be that bad, and then from NJ to Bonaire it is only about 4 hours, so it's really tolerable. Sleep on the plane, and you will be ready to play once you get to Bonaire!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By pat murphy (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1423) on Friday, February 1, 2008 - 2:19 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

one of my sisters will be visiting us on bonaire this year. she is flying continental and extended her stay a day by flying to bonaire thru houston on friday but returning home thru newark on sunday.

like kristen said, the disadvantage to continental is that you have to plan your vacation in weekly increments (or add a day like my sister did). but it would be nice to eliminate one flight to get there and back.

delta could be good too but you have to watch the return flight and make sure there is a connecting flight leaving atlanta later, otherwise you spend the night in atlanta and fly out the next morning.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration