BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Fast Ferry from Bonaire to Curacao
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2002-01-01 to 2002-10-27: Fast Ferry from Bonaire to Curacao
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mimi greenberg on Monday, June 17, 2002 - 1:55 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

It was a pleasant 2 hour trip. Enjoyed the ocean breezes & scenery. Tourists on the top deck, druggies & other nefarious types on the lower deck.
I guess I will continue to return to the USA via this route, or until the flight times from Bonaire become more user friendly.
The only caveat is---there is no place to store luggage at the ferry terminal. Since I was spending the night in Curacao, it wasn't a big deal. But I would have preferred to check my bags, look at the hotels in the area for the best deal and then return to the ferry to retrieve the luggage.
Somebody should open a luggage storage concession at the Curacao pier. It's a natural money maker.
Stayed at the new Howard Johnson near the swing bridge for $65 u.s. It is centrally located, safe & clean. Many restaurants & snack bars in this area.
There are a lot of interesting sightseeing options, as well as some excellent dive packages. So much so, that I plan to spend a full week in Curacao on my next trip to Bonaire. I plan to do a 7 & 7. I particularly liked the Pescadera Bay area. All the hotels seem to have hourly shuttles that take guests to/from downtown.
So I think that renting a vehicle may not be needed.
I was not charged a Curacao airport departure tax. Not sure if it was a mistake or what. But it paid for my one way ferry ticket.

I seriously doubt that I will ever take the ferry from Curacao to Bonaire, as that seems to be the sea sick route.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Sweeney on Thursday, June 20, 2002 - 10:46 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

That's interesting. I was considering flying from the US to Curacao for a few days of diving, then taking the new ferry to Bonaire for a few more days of diving, returning home via the ferry to Curacao. If the ferry trip to Bonaire is rough, maybe I'll rethink my plan.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration