BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Refund
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2005-08-10 to 2005-12-13: Refund
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By shawn thiele (BonaireTalker - Post #56) on Saturday, December 10, 2005 - 1:28 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I'm curious if anyone has ever tried to get a refund on AJ? Also if you are trying to get the refund on someone else's name, will they refund it to them or you? I would presume to the credit card it was charged to you would think?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By shawn thiele (BonaireTalker - Post #57) on Saturday, December 10, 2005 - 1:29 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

also if you're wondering, yea things are not going so well here :-(. I will still be going to bonaire though for sure.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cynde Loo Hoo NMT2 (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #15612) on Saturday, December 10, 2005 - 1:46 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Shawn...I assume the GF is not going? I'm so sorry if that is the case:-( Have you tried calling AJ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By shawn thiele (BonaireTalker - Post #58) on Saturday, December 10, 2005 - 10:22 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I don't know. I'm holding off on calling AJ till I know more. I'm sure the longer I wait the less chance I'll get of getting a refund, but at the moment I'm not really caring about the money. I'm just curious if anyone has tried with them so that if the situation comes to that I'll have a little idea of what i'm getting in to with them and how much of a pain it is. I read on their site it takes 6-8 weeks for processing if it's a refundable one, and you get credit possibly if it's a non refundable, I can't remember nor seem to figure out which I have.

Her parents and best girlfriend basically told her that they don't like me and thinks she should date around or find someone else. They are the most manipulative self centered people I have ever met in my life, and they have the nerve to say i'm manipulating. Basically they're upset because I tell her to think for herself and to be her own person, making her own decisions. They don't like the fact that she doesn't ask how high when they tell her to jump so I'm the terrible person. That and I'm sure there's some conspiracy crap because her best friend and her mom are both cheating and they both know and are worried I'm going to spill on them and want me out of the picture. Basically I was the best guy ever for her until a month ago when I was like i'm sick of hearing about you people cheating and i'm going to just tell them if you don't stfu. The dad is so naive and I'm sure is getting pumped with bs about me, and then my gf is caught in the middle. I feel bad because she's got it the worst of both of us. I just want her to be happy, and if it would be better for us to be over then I'll give her that because I love her. I don't want her to have to choose her family or me, it's not fair. It makes me thankful that my mother has never once told me that I should or shouldn't date someone, even when I asked her for advice on what I should do. She would just have me list what i liked and didn't like and told me to choose based on what I thought, never telling me either way. These people tell her i'm the biggest mistake she ever made, this coming from the woman who cheats on her husband. I just don't want to deal with drama, and I'm finally trying to get my life straightened out by going back to school and all this hits me right before my exams. I've been dreaming of this wonderful vacation and how romantic it will be, but now all I can think of is how crushed I am :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2898) on Saturday, December 10, 2005 - 10:55 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freddie (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6910) on Saturday, December 10, 2005 - 10:58 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

WTMI!!!!!!!!

(Message edited by scubahb on December 10, 2005)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randy P (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #403) on Saturday, December 10, 2005 - 12:14 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

So..............

Does anyone have Dr. Phil's phone number??????

Just wondering.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cynde Loo Hoo NMT2 (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #15617) on Saturday, December 10, 2005 - 12:40 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Shawn, boy...that's a lot to be dealing with. Is there someone you can talk to that isn't involved in the drama? That might help (you) at least move through this rough time...

On the AJ ticket refund. Did you buy the tickets online? If so, print out the itinerary and usually toward the bottom they list the terms and conditions. Find out what type of tickets you bought, refundable or non, and then go to the website and look up the detailed information. For example, AA has non refundable tickets, however, you can cancel, and can have up to a year to use the ticket. They do charge you $100 per person to make the changes. AJ might have a similar option.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By shawn thiele (BonaireTalker - Post #60) on Saturday, December 10, 2005 - 3:05 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

"Non-refundable tickets cannot be returned for a refund. However dependent on the fare rules

you may be able to apply its value towards a future flight. Air Jamaica may charge additional fees for changes made to a non-refundable ticket.

If you are not sure which type of ticket you have purchased please call Air Jamaica Reservations"

I'm thinking I'm going to need to call them. i checked the itinerary again and couldn't find it on there anywhere. My guess is that it's nonrefundable so what I might do is plan my bonaire phase 2 trip then if I have to. That or I'll be calling a lot of friends and seeing if any of them would want to go. I know a couple people who might be willing from school alone. I'm going to wait it out till xmas time when I have more time to sit on hold and fill out lengthy forms if need be.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #116) on Saturday, December 10, 2005 - 6:18 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Shawn, I am in the process of trying to get a refund for a ticket charge that I incurred because I had to change travel dates. They charged me $100 per ticket X 5 tix to change the date. They later cancelled that Wednesday flight and put us on American. I wrote to them, in July and got a response last week that they are looking into it. Make sure you keep your ticket number and passenger names as they need that to track your purchase. I'll wait as long as it takes. They seem very nice and willing to help. If I get any feedback from them I'll post it here. Good luck!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By shawn thiele (BonaireTalker - Post #64) on Thursday, December 15, 2005 - 11:48 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Yea just figured I'd throw an update, it's for sure over. Turns out she started seeing some guy just recently, I was so busy with school this last month and I guess she just didn't understand that. So now i'm trying to figure out if someone else wants to come with me lol. Funny part is I might go with my mom, she's always wanted to see the ocean, and I can't even remember her ever takign a vacation. Lol that or i'm going to see out friends. I'd rather go with another to help split the costs of the hotel and car but will have ot see. Just thought I'd let you know what wound up happening.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kelly Baum (GDLW) (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3595) on Friday, December 16, 2005 - 12:26 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Well Shawn I am very sorry to hear that. But taking your mother would be a trip she would remember forever... and so would you! Maybe that's the way it was supposed to work out? Divine Intervention?

Keep your chin up, buddy!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tish (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #534) on Friday, December 16, 2005 - 6:49 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Shawn, be sure to ask AJ if you can transfer the ticket to another passenger name. The airlines sometimes have rules about that too.
As for your situation, bummer!
But life can only get better now, right?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Josh Schrank (BonaireTalker - Post #58) on Friday, December 16, 2005 - 10:49 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Shawn,

I want to echo what Tish just said.. and if they do, remember my last name is spelled, S C H R A N K. (most people forget the C).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cynde Loo Hoo WWNMT2 (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #15732) on Friday, December 16, 2005 - 12:06 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Shawn, definitely a bummer. And right before Christmas:-( I'm with Kelly, if you took your mom, you would make her melenium, especially if she will probably never get the opportunity.

Keep us posted:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Taylor (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #9) on Friday, December 16, 2005 - 1:27 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Shawn;

Check out my trip report "Two Weeks Alone On Bonaire". My situation was similiar to yours with reservations made and tickets purchased. After a few days things looked much brighter and it does not take long to find a new 'friend'. Becasue I did not have a dive partner it was time to try snorkeling or free diving. No hassle with gear and so quiet you can hear the fish. Just jump in.

The best part is I am using my sweeties ticket vocher this year to return. And she is back but has to buy her own ticket this time. Life is good.

Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Becky Hauser (BonaireTalker - Post #94) on Friday, December 16, 2005 - 11:33 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hey Shawn... sorry to hear about your troubles. I hope finals are over for you so you can veg.

Taking your mom would be a pretty cool experience, especially if she's never really had a vacation.

Keep your chin up, things have a funny way of working out for the best (even if it doesn't seem that way now).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By pat murphy (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #464) on Saturday, December 17, 2005 - 10:33 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

shawn, i've been told (numerous times) by a close and dear friend that what goes around, comes around...and it does. hang in there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By pat murphy (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #465) on Saturday, December 17, 2005 - 10:34 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

hey shawn...you can always find a great postcard on bonaire and send it to her...let her know what she's missing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By shawn thiele (BonaireTalker - Post #65) on Saturday, December 17, 2005 - 12:14 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

lol pat, I dunno I'm not usually that mean of a person. I think I should be over her by the time I go. If it was like next month, maybe I would do something like that just to help with the grieving process, but even then, dunno if I could lol.

Jim, I'm having trouble finding your trip report, could you link it up if you have time? I dunno if my eyes are deceiving me or what, but I can't seem to read anything right, just hoping i can read enough for finals at the moment.

To everyone else, thank you so much for your support durnig this. I know that I deserve better, and maybe eventually I'll find that person, right now it just hurts, and i need to go through my grieving process. Thanks again :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By seb (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2507) on Saturday, December 17, 2005 - 1:02 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Here you are Shawn. A hint, search at the bottom of the page for Taylor in names of authors and you can pull up the info the same way I did.
http://www.oldbonairetalk.com/newsgroup/messages/1022/227596.html?1118087407

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cynde Loo Hoo WWNMT2 (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #15757) on Saturday, December 17, 2005 - 3:08 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Shawn, Pat's talking about karma...karma isn't wishing bad on a person, it just means that at some point, things one has done that hasn't been quite right to others will come back around to them (sometimes twice fold)...kind of like "do unto others." Hang in there buddy, love hurts...love stinks...(isn't there a song about that?) Keep your chin up and hang in there...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kelly Baum (GDLW) (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3601) on Saturday, December 17, 2005 - 4:16 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Shawn, it might help to find a counselor to talk with about all this....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Josh Schrank (BonaireTalker - Post #62) on Saturday, December 17, 2005 - 7:09 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Shawn,

Don't listen to them... you don't need a counselor, you just need to send me the ticket. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By pat murphy (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #474) on Monday, December 19, 2005 - 9:30 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

come on shawn, don't leave us hanging like this...you have to keep us updated on your trip. when are you going and who are you going with?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kelly Baum (GDLW) (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3607) on Monday, December 19, 2005 - 7:38 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Pat --- you're funny. Kind of the Mrs. Kravitz of BT. LOL!

But, yes, Shawn, you simply cannot keep us hanging like this! We are part of your life now whether you like it or not!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2919) on Monday, December 19, 2005 - 7:58 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Shawn, time to change the profile pic.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By shawn thiele (BonaireTalker - Post #66) on Monday, December 19, 2005 - 11:54 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

yea I just finished my last 2 exams today so have been kinda busy and not as much time to surf the web. I'll get around to finding a new picture soon.

And the winnner of the free ticket to Bonaire is....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cynde Loo Hoo (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #15827) on Tuesday, December 20, 2005 - 11:52 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

PICK ME, PICK ME, PICK ME! (just kidding). I still think you should take your mom. Shawn, just crop the gf out of the pic for the moment until you find a new one:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kelly Baum (GDLW) (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3611) on Tuesday, December 20, 2005 - 12:05 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Cynde, find a new picture or a new girlfriend? LOL!

And Shawn, you're 24??? Don't look a day over 16 buddy... hee hee

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By pat murphy (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #483) on Tuesday, December 20, 2005 - 1:46 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

watch it shawn....you have no idea what kelly could do with a 16 year old...a lot of guys in nerk ahia never make it to 17....LOL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kelly Baum (GDLW) (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3612) on Tuesday, December 20, 2005 - 3:43 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Yes, Pat is my biggest fan! LOL

(Shawn, I promise you are safe...)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By pat murphy (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #488) on Tuesday, December 20, 2005 - 4:39 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

that's good kelly, lull him into complacency. he'll never know what hit him.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kelly Baum (GDLW) (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3613) on Tuesday, December 20, 2005 - 4:47 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

It's my M.O.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By pat murphy (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #493) on Tuesday, December 20, 2005 - 4:51 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

i wont' tell.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By shawn thiele (BonaireTalker - Post #67) on Tuesday, December 20, 2005 - 5:06 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

lol, I'm not sure me looking 16 is a good thing or a bad thing. Actually I haven't cut my hair since the picture, and I haven't shaved in like 2 months, so I look older now I think than in that picture. I have always had a baby face though.

I'll get a new pic up in the next 2 days, I gotta find the one I'm looking for.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kelly Baum (GDLW) (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3615) on Tuesday, December 20, 2005 - 10:30 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Does anyone else think Shawn looks like Cameron from Ferris Bueller's Day Off?????? hee hee

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Becky Hauser (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #119) on Tuesday, December 20, 2005 - 11:35 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Ya know Kelly, there is a bit of Cameron there!:-) Don't worry Shawn... that's a complement :P

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By shawn thiele (BonaireTalker - Post #68) on Wednesday, December 21, 2005 - 8:38 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Usually I get Noah from The Notebook, so many people have said that to me

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By shawn thiele (BonaireTalker - Post #69) on Thursday, December 22, 2005 - 2:23 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Ok, so how about someone volunteering to babysit my sister who is out of control. My mom called me today to tell me she's not going to go because she doesn't trust my sister. Her husband took the week off to watch the kids even too, but she still doesn't think she can spend a week away. She's too worried she's going to get a call saying my sister ran away or something like that. It just makes me so mad because this is the one thing my mom has really wanted in my life and those kids are screwing her over yet again. They all dropped out of high school at age 16, dont have jobs, and are the most disprespectful kids i've ever seen. I seriously wonder sometimes how we are related.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Becky Hauser (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #125) on Thursday, December 22, 2005 - 5:05 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hey Shawn... my police officer sister-in-law would babysit... might involve bars and a cot:-)
I'm sorry to hear that your mom is so guilt ridden she is thinking of not going. Just out of curiosity... how old is said sister? It's easy to say from my comfy armchair (and the fact that I don't have kids)... but maybe she should let the chips fall where they may? A little tough love?
I for one am terribly frightened where this next generation is going to lead us. It's not only your siblings that are disrespectful and wanting the world on a silver platter - I see it every day.
Hang tough, hopefully in this season of miracles, things will work out for you! :-):-):-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cheryl Ferguson (BonaireTalker - Post #56) on Thursday, December 22, 2005 - 9:24 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Do I get involved? or Don't I?? Hell, why not!

Shawn, what a bummer!! You were so looking forward to this vacation.

If your mother is unable to go, take the trip on your own. The people on Bonaire are very nice, there's no doubt in my mind that you will find some people your own age to share your vacation with ... and .....perhaps your luck will turn out like Jim Taylor's ... you just may get another vacation out of this (with or without said friend).

Believe me, you will need it, if you think you're depressed now ...wait until you get back and have that dreaded case of PBD!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gail Thomas (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #796) on Thursday, December 22, 2005 - 10:35 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Do it for yourself Shawn. You've earned it, and you deserve it. Go alone if you have to, and grow in every aspect of the journey. Increase your travel skills, navigation skills, people skills, and communication skills.

(And change your profile photo, because the ex-gf doesn't deserve to be showcased here.)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By shawn thiele (BonaireTalker - Post #70) on Friday, December 23, 2005 - 3:48 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

After some persuading she's going to stick with it. Me and my stepdad kept pushing it. She needs it more than I do, but I'll definately need it when the time comes.

I'm sure the PBD will be really bad when I leave lol. I'm not a big fan of living away from the ocean.

And I'll probably be navigating and exploring the island even if she came along. I'm typically the kind of person who takes the lead.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration