BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Airlift - Ft L to Bon... what happened?
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2005-08-10 to 2005-12-13: Airlift - Ft L to Bon... what happened?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lydia S. Segal (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #102) on Monday, November 7, 2005 - 10:17 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Does anyone know what happened to the charter service called Airlift from Ft L to Bon. ? Lydia

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tish (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #479) on Tuesday, November 8, 2005 - 8:42 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

According to the Bonaire Reporter, the charter service will now originate in Miami instead of Fort Lauderdale.
I'm sure when Liz has the new details she will post them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By phillip potts (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #4) on Friday, November 18, 2005 - 10:39 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Unless the elusive Florida charter is going to be available very soon, we will have no choice but to make other air reservations. Please advise if the charter is really going to happen--and a firm date when reservations will begin to be accepted.

Phillip and Diane in Baltimore

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Debbie Babcock (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2552) on Saturday, November 19, 2005 - 12:11 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Last I heard, was that they were looking to start (hopefully) sometime in January, maybe the 21st, but Liz G from Golden Reef would probably know the status for sure. Liz?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By carter farrell (BonaireTalker - Post #29) on Saturday, November 19, 2005 - 6:58 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

BAC airlift was started by BTs who were frustrated by the difficulty of getting to Bonaire. We all not only sympathize but in reality share their frustration of having delays, schedule changes and downright cancellation of flights without being informed beforehand. There is nothing more frustrating then not having knowledge.
It is truly admirable that a group of people have taken upon themselves the enormous task of initiating an airlift. It must be a full time job these people are doing on our behalf. I just wish they would hold us informed. Even a little message like "having trouble getting a landing permits. Expect to have answer from authorities i 1 week" would help. All news negative and positive would be appreciated so that we can all make our plans without anxiety.
I too, don't know whether to wait or book my flights (soon) from regular airlines.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tish (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #494) on Saturday, November 19, 2005 - 7:27 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Liz,
If you cannot post details because moderators would regard that as promoting your business, please e-mail details to me or somebody else on Bonaire and we will post them for you. :-)
Tish

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Wulfken (BonaireTalker - Post #13) on Saturday, November 19, 2005 - 11:04 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Perhaps the Bonaire Airlift Consortium could use their website
http://www.bonaireairliftconsortium.com/index.html
to keep us informed. But it doesn't appear that anyone is maintaining it because it still says that flights will start November 19 (today).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freddie Hughes {Moderator} (Moderator - Post #82) on Saturday, November 19, 2005 - 4:51 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

The Bonaire reporter had this two weeks ago..
"Bonaire hoteliers plans to fly a weekly charter from Ft. Lauderdale has run into some snags. The charter is still a go, but flights will orginate in Miami instead. We will keep you posted."

I believe that it had something to do with the hurricane Wilma..... Lets see what happens i'm sure that Liz will contact the moderators as soon as things are up and running so we can post the news..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ...boom dee ay (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #839) on Monday, November 21, 2005 - 9:18 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks for the posts -- I, too, am curious to hear of the progress... what a concept :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1442) on Friday, December 9, 2005 - 11:55 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

This is weird... in my quest to find some way to get to Bonaire from Boston that doesn't involve leaving at 3 in the morning, I went to the bonaireairliftconsortium website above this morning. It's changed, and now there's no mention whatsoever of the flights out of Florida. Sigh...

I searched to see if there was any mention of what may have happened, but came up with nothing. Does anyone have any insight?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2893) on Friday, December 9, 2005 - 12:11 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

The latest word I have received is that the start dates have again been pushed back. Projected start fly date - 21 Jan 2006.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration