BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Bos to BON - Is this connection too tight?
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2005-08-10 to 2005-12-13: Bos to BON - Is this connection too tight?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Osenkowski (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #4) on Thursday, September 29, 2005 - 7:43 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi - I am booked with AA in March 06 from Boston to San Juan to Bonaire on a Friday (first time to Bonaire). My connection is 1 hr 20 min. Is this too tight? I'm assuming I don't have to do anything with luggage. The earlier flight gave us a 4 hour connection which I was avoiding, but will change to if I am just asking for trouble with the short connection.

Anyone with any experience on this connection - I'd love to hear from you! Thanks, sue

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Polopolus (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2418) on Thursday, September 29, 2005 - 8:09 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

That's how I do it from NY Sue. I can't stand the thought of the earlier, safer flight and four hour layover.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jan Klos - ( Hamlet Bonaire Owner) (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #353) on Thursday, September 29, 2005 - 8:12 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I have only done this connection once before. Had no problems. Try & get your boarding passes for the SJU - Bon leg at Logan. We will be doing these times coming next Feb.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corney Ann Carter (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #284) on Thursday, September 29, 2005 - 9:11 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

We are playing it safe in March by taking the earlier flight and taking the 4 hour layover. It is still snow season here and I figured if the plane was at all late leaving on the later flight that we would not make it. Isn't March 6th on a Monday in 2006? We are on the Sat. March 4 flight.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Reem (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2177) on Thursday, September 29, 2005 - 6:04 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Corney,

I believe she means 'in March 2006' vice 'Mar 6 next'! :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Taft (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #529) on Thursday, September 29, 2005 - 7:16 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Susan, since you are booked all the way to Bonaire on AA you do not need to retrieve your luggage. You will, however, need to do so on the return trip as you will be clearing US Customs and Immigration in San Juan. You will claim your luggage after Immigration, go through Customs and then hand your bags over right away and only a short distance from the Customs desks. In response to your question about the tight connection I agree with Corney Ann. As a New Englander I am always conscious of the possibility of a snow delay. If you do the short connection and are delayed by weather you might miss the flight to Bonaire and the next one would not be for 24 hours -- with no guarantee of space. If you decide on the longer layover you can take a short 8 dollar cab ride to one of the hotels in Isla Verde for lunch or a drink.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kate Hickson (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #203) on Sunday, October 2, 2005 - 4:18 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Susan-
I always take that/those AA flights. Yes, it is a tight, nerve-wracking connection. I have missed it twice, due to delays. Once, I ran like crazy and made it just in time (I thought), but they had closed boarding (even though the bus was still at the curb), and they said I couldn't go anyway as my luggage wouldn't make it, and you must travel with your luggage. Right. Unless THEY lose it.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration