BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Air Jamaica
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2005-06-01 to 2005-08-10: Air Jamaica
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1828) on Monday, June 20, 2005 - 11:39 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I want to send encouraging news to all. Some people have been reporting Air Jamaica has left them high and dry with cancelled flights. I cannot speak to these situations but for myself who travels often on Air Jamaica I have been protected on another carrier in June and expect the same this coming Sat. My southbound flight stops in PHL instead of going to BON so all of us will miss the connection to BON. We will have to overnight in MBJ. I hope to get protected on AA so I can get home to BON Sat. as I have a business supper that evening.

One of the members of the Bonaire Sailing Team is here and will fly back Thur. His flight was cancelled from MBJ to BON so he protected on AA via Aruba. So far so good. The only fly in the ointment is the need to get tickets reissued. To do that one has to go to the Air Jamaica ticket office OR have them FEDEXED.

I urge people to use reliable travel agents vs online ticketing so you have support if you are not savvy or aware of the options for flights. This situation is certain to continue into Aug.

By the way, the staff at Air Jamaica has been wonderful on each occassion.


Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cathy Hamilton (BonaireTalker - Post #15) on Wednesday, June 22, 2005 - 10:38 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Ann, what do you mean "protected on another carrier"? How did that transfer take place? For example, if I call AJ the day before travel and they tell me the flight will be delayed for 2 or more hours, then I will miss my connection in Montego Bay. How do I get AJ to transfer me to another carrier to insure I arrive on the day I am supposed to?



Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1832) on Wednesday, June 22, 2005 - 10:45 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Ok here is my experience and that of my clients:

If JM cancels a flight, they have always offered another flight on another carrier. For instance, tomorrow my friend leaves BOS and his JM flight was cancelled. When I called Monday to confirm his flight, they had already re booked him on AA via Aruba. For my flight Sat. we are going from BOS to PHL and then Jamaica. This unscheduled stop will make us miss the Bonaire connection so they already booked me into a hotel for the night. They could NOT protect me on another carrier.

June 2 heading north JM emailed me ( I always sign up for flight notification and 50% of the time it works) the night before that my flight was cancelled. From BON, I called JM and they had already protected me on AA. The problem arose the next day when at 6 AM at the AA desk Cornelia could NOT ticket me on AA as I did not have a JM ticket. I had an e ticket and she had no information (date of issue, fare basis, place of issue and price paid) to make a ticket exchange. In that case because I know the station agent in CUR I called him at 7 AM (he probably regrets I have his cell phone #) and he told me to get on a flight to CUR and he would get me out to head to BOS. He offered me a flight on AA via MIA.

If you need help email me ANYTIME.



Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration