BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: How is Divi Divi??
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2005-06-01 to 2005-08-10: How is Divi Divi??
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bonnie (BonaireTalker - Post #45) on Friday, May 13, 2005 - 8:56 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I've just changed flight plans (cancelled AJ and booked Continental nonstop to Aruba) and need to now fly from Aruba to Bonaire. What is everyone's experience with Divi Divi??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sue Goodman (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #151) on Friday, May 13, 2005 - 12:22 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

DiviDivi doesn't fly a schedule from Aruba to Bonaire - just Curacao to Bonaire. You can charter them to/from Aruba, but it's very expensive.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mary Mueller (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3991) on Friday, May 13, 2005 - 12:25 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Bonnie - Bonaire Express will get you from Aruba to Bonaire.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kelly Baum (GDLW) (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2640) on Friday, May 13, 2005 - 12:25 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Bonnie, maybe you mean Bonaire Exel or whatever they are called now? Anyone help me out here?

You can get the tickets once you get to Aruba, and pay cash for it. I think it's in the neighborhood of $160 round trip.

You go outside the airport, turn right and go to the window for Bonaire Exel to get your ticket, then go on to the next building to check your luggage again. It's sort of convoluted. If you are going that route, I will give more detail.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dr. Director (BonaireTalker - Post #52) on Friday, May 13, 2005 - 12:43 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

See my recent post titled "BonairExpress Observations and Recommendations". Flew them to BON 2 weeks ago and to AUA 1 week ago. Good experience all the way around.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Porter (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #132) on Friday, May 13, 2005 - 4:28 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Bonnie,
You have mail,
Susan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vince DePietro (BonaireTalker - Post #82) on Saturday, May 14, 2005 - 6:06 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I was just on the BE website & tried to purchase tickets for feb 2006 to Bonaire from Aruba & I keep getting no flights avail??? Anyone know of an EZ way to purchase tickets on BE? I really have no intentions of gambling on arriving in Aruba & have all flights filled.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bonnie (BonaireTalker - Post #54) on Saturday, May 14, 2005 - 6:28 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Vince-
I keep getting a message- after I give my credit card info, etc- saying system is busy. I think that from some other posts that BE only takes cash now and that the transactions cant be made over the internet.

I plan to call them today. To call Bonaire from the US, dial 011 599. 011 gets you an international line and 599 is the Netherlands Antilles area code. Then dial the seven digit phone number: 717-0707

I'll let you know what I find out.

I tried emailing Divi Divi but no response. :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bonnie (BonaireTalker - Post #57) on Saturday, May 14, 2005 - 7:20 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I just called BE and was told that their "system is down," so we cant do anything until that is rectified. The agent didnt know when it would be fixed but she confirmed that this was the reason we couldnt get any responses yesterday or today. Give it a try later on.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vince DePietro (BonaireTalker - Post #83) on Sunday, May 15, 2005 - 6:03 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Bonnie: I got through to BE & did in fact get reservations on the 17:00 flight out of Aruba on Bonaire. I like the fact that the Continental flight out of Newark is non stop (which is always a good thing). However I still don't feel comfortable until the ticket is paid & I have tickets in hand.. I sent an e mail to the supervisor on how to do this & am presently awaiting their response.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bonnie (BonaireTalker - Post #61) on Sunday, May 15, 2005 - 7:24 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Vince- I'm going to give BE another try this morning. Let me know what you hear from them. Did you pay for the tickets or do you just have a reservation?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #182) on Sunday, May 15, 2005 - 6:51 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I got paper tickets for Bonaire Express from Larry at worldive (as mentioned in another thread). I guess he's the only one in the U.S. that can issue them.

worldive: 1-800-433-dive

I called him on wed. and had my tickets sat.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bonnie (BonaireTalker - Post #63) on Sunday, May 15, 2005 - 7:21 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Ken, how much did you pay for them??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole Baker (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4876) on Sunday, May 15, 2005 - 9:14 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I like the idea of non-stop on Continental out of EWR into Aruba but can anyone tell me what type of aircraft BE flies? Are they good sized jets or the smaller planes? Any different sections (i.e. business class, economy class, etc.) Thanks! Carole

PS Now if we can just get KLM to fly from Holland into Aruba and then hop from Aruba to Bonaire that would be terrific! Or better yet...get Continental to fly there or hook up with someone who will. cb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Raymond Sauve (BonaireTalker - Post #11) on Sunday, May 15, 2005 - 9:39 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

For anyone who can fly into Curacao, Divi Divi is easy to Bonaire. Small plane. Seven people. No lines. No hassle.

Ray

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vince DePietro (BonaireTalker - Post #84) on Monday, May 16, 2005 - 9:40 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Currently, the BonairExel network consists of 3 Antillean/Aruban routes and will be expanded in the future with destinations in South America and the USA. Two turboprop aircraft of the type ATR 42 (46 seats) fly on the current routes, but on the longer routes jet aircraft will also be used. BonairExel flight numbers are comprised according to lettercode 9H followed by the four digits of the relevant flight.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vince DePietro (BonaireTalker - Post #85) on Monday, May 16, 2005 - 10:01 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

OK to whomever is interested in getting tickets in hand on BE for the run from Aruba to Bonaire, ..Here's the procedure..
After securing your reservation, sent fax to attention of
Irene Figaroa; Fax 011-599-717-0770 & give her authorization to charge your card & supply the # & expiration date. The tickets will be then be delivered via Fed Ex to your home address (you'll have to pay BE the addl charge to do this).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Woodward (BonaireTalker - Post #49) on Monday, May 16, 2005 - 10:53 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Curacao/Bonaire $142. Aruba/Bonaire $207. on Travelocity. I was noodling around there tonite and saw this. The airline comes up as Ecoair, which is apparently another of Dutch Eagle Express brand names. BE is another. When one gets to the BUY page, Dutch Eagle Express name pops up.
Confusing, but a possibility.

Is it cheaper to buy in Aruba? I did it that way last July, as I knew of no other way at that time. I made a reservation by email with BonairExel and paid $147 using AmEx at the ticket kiosk in Aruba.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vince DePietro (BonaireTalker - Post #88) on Tuesday, May 17, 2005 - 5:53 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Jim: The Aruba/Bonaire run on BE for R/T is currently $160.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bonnie (BonaireTalker - Post #67) on Tuesday, May 17, 2005 - 6:29 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I'm going to try Vince's approach first. I've been so busy that I havent had time to deal with this for a few days. Vince, it sounds like you called them first THEN faxed them your information. Is that correct?? Their website is still not accepting credit card information.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Woodward (BonaireTalker - Post #50) on Tuesday, May 17, 2005 - 3:43 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks Vince, for the update.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vince DePietro (BonaireTalker - Post #89) on Tuesday, May 17, 2005 - 3:47 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Bonnie...Yea, I've been frustrated with their web site..CAll them & get a live person on the phone & make your reservations & get the res confirmation ID number from them.. From there you can fax your credit card info if you want them to Fed Ex the tickets to you.. As I mentioned earlier, I for one prefer to have ticket in hand..Additionally, I never carry large amts of cash with me & from what I understand that's all they'll accept in Aruba. Any furthur questions, feel free to e mail me directly.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole Baker (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4888) on Tuesday, May 17, 2005 - 11:47 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks for the infor on the aircraft, Ray and
Vince...I was hoping they planes would be "larger" than that. Oh well. Carole

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Raymond Sauve (BonaireTalker - Post #12) on Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 10:44 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Carole,

On my trip last month I came down a few days before my wife and daughter. It was my first time on Divi and I liked it but I used to fly small planes with my uncle many years ago.

My wife is not a good flier at all and I was worried about how she would react. She really liked it.

It is such a short anyway.

Ray

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bonnie (BonaireTalker - Post #74) on Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 7:35 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I just called Bonaire express, made the reservation, Irene took the credit card info (but you have to call when she is there M-F 8-4). I have a confirmation. It cost me $170.50 pp for roundtrip Aruba-Bonaire in August. 5 PM flight from Aruba and the 11 AM from Bonaire.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Raymond Sauve (BonaireTalker - Post #13) on Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 8:57 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Make that a short "flight" anyway.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole Baker (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4891) on Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 9:04 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks for the info, Ray....I'm not quite "sold" yet! Our luggage would tip the plane over all by itself! LOL. Carole

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Raymond Sauve (BonaireTalker - Post #14) on Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 9:29 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Carole,

You can't have too much luggage. I had two bags and a backpack. If it is too much they will put it on next flight.

Divi just turns around, heads to middle of runway and takes off in a matter of seconds.

Ride next to the pilot as a "copilot". You can spend the short flight looking at all the instruments. It will keep you busy.

Ray

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole Baker (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4894) on Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 9:31 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Back in my younger and "thinner" days I loved to fly in those puddle jumpers but today...well....it might "challenge" the craft, I fear! LOL. Carole

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vince DePietro (BonaireTalker - Post #91) on Thursday, May 19, 2005 - 8:49 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Bonnie...Since I'm booked on the identical flight come next Feb I'm interested on your comments when you get back. Put the details of dealing with B.E. in your upcoming trip report!

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration