BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Air Aruba from Newark
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 1999-06-02 to 2001-12-31: Air Aruba from Newark
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By April L Braun on Tuesday, August 31, 1999 - 11:04 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Any thoughts on Air Aruba. We will be travelling in April and leaving from Newark. Our latest price quote was $594 RT, departing at 7:30am with a stop in Aruba (no changing of planes) and arriving in Bonaire at 3pm. It seems like a speedy way to get there and not have a totally wasted day of travel. Thanks in advance for any info.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim on Wednesday, September 1, 1999 - 4:03 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

April - we met some people when we were in Bonaire in May who had horrible experiences with Air Aruba. Getting there and getting home were awful. They spent so much time on the layover from Bonaire that Air Aruba got them a hotel room for the better part of the morning and afternoon! You may have good luck and I wish you good luck but I have heard a lot of horror stories with them. But then again people are always complaining about ALM and we were fine. It's probably just a luck thing. That's a really good price. From Chicago on American/ALM via Miami it was $619 RT. I am thinking about Air Jamaica next time but want to see what I hear first. They also get you in around 3:00 -- we didn't get in until 8:30 PM so I understand your concern about wasted days. In any event, have a great trip, wish I was going too!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim on Wednesday, September 1, 1999 - 4:04 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I should clarify -- Air Aruba flew them to Aruba from Bonaire so early that Air Aruba got them the hotel room in Aruba so they could relax and stuff.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration