BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Advice needed
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2005-01-01 to 2005-05-01: Advice needed
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dee Dee (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Saturday, April 2, 2005 - 9:10 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

My friend and I (2 females) are planning to visit Bonaire. We arrive/depart Aruba (15th April and depart 22nd April). During this time we want to travel Curacao/Bonaire.
I was thinking on the day we arrive Aruba to fly to Bonaire (15th) overnight and leave for Curacao (17th) then to Curacao (17th to 20th) then final 2 days in aruba.
Sounds complicated...but what is the easiest way to travel to the islands and the cheapest.
Thank you..any other tips will be greatly appreciated.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Benji Beaujon (BonaireTalker - Post #15) on Saturday, April 2, 2005 - 6:41 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Easy,

Just fly AUA-BON with bonairexpress then BON-CUR with either bonairexpress or Divi-divi and then back to aruba CUR-AUA Bonairexpress.

Bonairexpress - www.bonairexel.com
Divi-Divi - www.baibini.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freddie Hughes (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6043) on Saturday, April 2, 2005 - 6:46 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Benji how about changing your profile... who is going to take advice from a 13 year old???

(Message edited by scubahb on April 2, 2005)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dee Dee (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #2) on Saturday, April 2, 2005 - 7:31 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thank you so much for this information.......it makes the planning easier for my friend and I.........

Cheers....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Davidson Mourillon (BonaireTalker - Post #18) on Saturday, April 2, 2005 - 9:52 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Dee Dee,
Please let me know how you work out your schedule. If I can be of assistance please let me know. Please take into consideration that when you make partial flights it could be expensive because the airline will calculate each leg (destination) as a one way ticket. This will be then for you and your friend (unless you can work things out with your travel agent):
One way Aruba to Bonaire - then one way Bonaire to Curacao and then one way Curacao to Aruba.
What you should try to negotiate with the travel agent is that you wish to travel to farthest point which is Bonaire departing from Aruba with a stop over in Curacao on your way back to Aruba- This may bring down the price a bit.
Your request should therefor be Aruba to Bonaire to Aruba stop over in Curacao on your way back to Aruba so in fact you will be buying a round trip Aruba - Bonaire-Aruba with a stop over in Curacao on your return trip to Aruba - Hope I have explained it o.k. if you need further info let me know.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dee Dee (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #4) on Sunday, April 3, 2005 - 12:03 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Davidson,

Wowowo..thank u so much for the taking the time to explain it all to me. You explained it more than O.K....it was excellent!

Well I will be travelling from my home island "trinidad" and there are no travel agents here who will make the necessary booking......
As such I am trying my best to use this forum to obtain basic guidelines and to make the booking......

Based on what you explained to me..I will make the request to the airline and see how best I can be accommodated. I really need to be cost conscious on this trip. Going hand in hand with this air travel I have to make arrangements for accommodation also...so u know the story...I posted on the accommodation forum..hope i can get some help there also....

Thanks again.........will let u know the response...any other hits will be greatly appreciated...
Dee

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Davidson Mourillon (BonaireTalker - Post #19) on Sunday, April 3, 2005 - 2:30 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Dee are you coming into Aruba from Trinidad?
I know we have a BW flight coming into Curacao direct from Trinidad then goes to Sto. Domingo and back to Trinidad - I do not remember the exact time of the flight - Are you maybe on a special excursion flight to Aruba?
What kind of lodging are you look out for in Curacao - please specify?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dee Dee (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #5) on Sunday, April 3, 2005 - 5:03 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi David......
Yes..I am coming into Aruba from Trinidad.I will be travelling with Surinam Airways.I was unable to get on the BW Curacao flight...their cost was higher than Surinam Airways and they did not have a return flight for the day i wanted.

Its not a special excursion at all....my friend and I just decided to visit so we r trying to put together a vacation.

We are looking for lodging in A..B..and C......preferably on the beach.....a studio with kitchenette (if we can keep it not more than $100.00/night/per 2 persons it will be great.......

Thanks again
Dee

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Davidson Mourillon (BonaireTalker - Post #20) on Sunday, April 3, 2005 - 2:08 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Dee, I suggest you visit the following sites
For Bonaire:
http://www.cocopalmgarden.org
http://www.bonairelodging.com

For Curacao:
http://www.tripadvisor.com/SmartDeals-g147277-Curacao-Hotel-Deals-GTEST220089.html

For Aruba:
http://www.arubalodgingguide.com

You can also request information from members in BT based on their experience where could be a good place to stay in all three locations.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dee Dee (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #6) on Monday, April 4, 2005 - 7:23 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi David.....

Thank you for the additional information.......will keep you posted on how our plans are coming along.........

Have a nice day...
Dee

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dee Dee (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #9) on Wednesday, April 6, 2005 - 8:29 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hey all....
Wow...i am in the final stages of making my arrangements to travel to the ABC (15th to 22nd April). Since I am travelling from Trinidad and I am not to sure about the reliability of the airline I am flying with in terms of arrival times I need your advice again please. We (my friend and I) arrive in Aruba on the 15th and wish to fly out immediately to Curacao for a few days then on to Bonaire and back to Aruba.
I have checked the available flights on the Bonair Excel and we do have options.

This is the concern.......
Can i chance not making a confirmed booking with Excel and then simply purchase the ticket at the airport. Are the flights generally packed or do we stand a good chance of getting on the flight. I am trying to avoid booking and then paying a cancellation fee if the flights are delayed from my home country.

Thanks much
Dee

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration