BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: NYC to BON: Is there a non-expensive way?
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2004-08-16 to 2004-12-31: NYC to BON: Is there a non-expensive way?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Meredith Tanguay (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Wednesday, October 27, 2004 - 8:57 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Just a quick question: Anyone know of a non-expensive way to get from NYC to BON?

I have a friend who wanted to come down for a weekend while we are there. I'm thinking any possibilities are in the $500 range, but thought I'd check before we throw out the idea.

mer

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Phillips (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #107) on Wednesday, October 27, 2004 - 12:37 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Air Jamaica is probably the best way; cost would depend on lots of factors, including what the dates are. Since the travel agents that book packages for Bonaire often have the best prices, I would recommend checking with them. Did you use an agency to book your trip? If so, check with them. I can also heartily recommend Caradonna Caribbean Tours where Amy has also been great in helping us out with good airfares. It's probably just gonna depend on what the dates are and what fares are available for those dates.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marabeth Owens (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #302) on Wednesday, October 27, 2004 - 12:40 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Meredith,

Doing a quick search on travelocity I found roundtrip airfares at $502 on Air Jamiaca and $532 on American. Of course it all depends upon WHEN you are going... Unfortunately for us we go during the Christmas and New Years holidays and ugh - we pay $740 per person (for 6 of us). Oh well - such is life.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Starkweather (BonaireTalker - Post #50) on Wednesday, October 27, 2004 - 4:43 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Remember many of the posted fares do not include airport taxes. Our fare of ~725 listed on the web came out to ~ 840 after all the taxes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kathy Hall (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1243) on Wednesday, October 27, 2004 - 7:15 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

check skyauction.com as well!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By The Ginocchio's @ Golden Reef Inn (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #394) on Tuesday, November 9, 2004 - 9:16 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Meredith,

Ed got a ticket from www.priceline.com Try there. We purchased the ticket 5 days in advance. If we would have gone via AJ it would have cost over $800.00 He got it for $500.00 I'm sure that if you are doing a more than 7 day advance purchase you could get it cheaper.

Good Luck!

Liz Ginocchio

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1583) on Tuesday, November 9, 2004 - 9:25 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Liz, was Ed's ticket on Air Jamaica that he got thru Priceline? Can you stipulate you will only accept 1 stop??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By The Ginocchio's @ Golden Reef Inn (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #397) on Tuesday, November 9, 2004 - 9:36 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Annie!

AA doesn't fly out of Philly to Bonaire, so that is who he flew with. You CAN stipulate only 1 stop. We are going back down Dec 26th for a few weeks (I need to recoup after surgery lol). I'm going to try and get our tickets again through Priceline. Don't know if AA and AJ flies out of Boston. Only problem with Priceline is you cannot chose your carrier. If both fly out of your airport to Bonaire, then you will get whichever one comes up with the lower price. Liz

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1584) on Tuesday, November 9, 2004 - 9:43 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Liz,

I like Air Jamaica (JM). That is my preferred carrier but AA and JM fly out of BOS. So long as it's cheap I do not care. Was 500.00 what you offered? I have never done Priceline. I wonder what the cheapest folks have gotten with Priceline. If I can get one stop, and CHEAP..

I am also looking at last minute seats from BOS to CUR on Boston's winter GWV Charter. My ex used to do one ways to Antigua on another company, TNT for 99.00 each way!

This only works for those who are flexible.

Thanks Liz.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By The Ginocchio's @ Golden Reef Inn (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #398) on Tuesday, November 9, 2004 - 10:16 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Annie,

Actually we offered $200 then it came back with if you offer $340.50 we can get it for you. With the added taxes, surcharges, etc. ($163.50), it came to $504. I would go in and offer a low price (e.g, $150, $175) and see what they come back with. Once the ticket is booked, its booked. Try it, but make sure you check other avenues (expedia, cheaptickets, etc) first.

Liz

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gregg Babcock (BonaireTalker - Post #45) on Tuesday, November 9, 2004 - 3:12 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hey Liz,

I see you finally managed to get a deal on Priceline!!! Is Ed down their now? I am going tomorrow for a week.

Gregg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By The Ginocchio's @ Golden Reef Inn (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #400) on Tuesday, November 9, 2004 - 3:37 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Gregg!

Ed is down, he did work on the Inn, adding a palm frond cabana like structure for the BBQ area at the Inn. He also built some tables, similar to the chairs in your back yard. He also did work up at the house. He is leaving Thursday to come home. I'm jealous of both of you! Thats ok, I'll be down after Christmas, God willing. We will do the priceline thing again then. Thanks so much for the tip!

Liz

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration