|By Nathan Dimock (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #4) on Wednesday, August 11, 2004 - 11:54 am:|
My wife and I have tickets on DCA from Miami to Bonaire, through Curacao, for Sept. 18, 2004. I have read recently that DCA is canceling flights from Amsterdam due to cockpit security door issues. Does anyone have any local news or status on this situation? My tickets are nonrefundable and I am now worried that our flight may be cancelled as well, although I have no information to that affect (just a hunch). I have read about others general problems with DCA, so I don't need another horror story from the past, just recent experiences or news on the subject. Also, any suggestions as to whether I should just hold tight or look into other options. We already have a house rented and are meeting friends flying in on Air Jamaica (we would have used them, but the schedule would not work with our itinerary). Thanks in advance for any input.
|By Tim Nesselrodt (BonaireTalker - Post #39) on Wednesday, August 11, 2004 - 3:23 pm:|
|By Michael McClurkin (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #5) on Wednesday, August 11, 2004 - 11:51 pm:|
I talked to a DCA rep today. She informed me that the MIA-BON route was indeed still operating, but sometimes was delayed.
|By Jeff Stine (BonaireTalker - Post #57) on Friday, August 13, 2004 - 6:00 pm:|
Not to add to your stress, but ..... We talked to a nice couple from San Fransisco who flew DCA. They were stuck in Miami for two days and an additional day in Curacao. This would have been in the first week of August. They said that they received zero in customer support from DCA. I read an article in the Bonaire Reporter that alluded to the airline having financial difficulties.
|By Nathan Dimock (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #7) on Tuesday, August 17, 2004 - 1:04 pm:|
Thanks to all my fellow BTers for the updates. I am finally seeing the flight status page on DCAs website being updated, which is a good sign. Also, DCA flights are now being listed on the Miami airport page (they were not there last week). Looks like today's flights will be delayed by a couple hours, but delays I can live with. The way I see it, as long as I get to Curacao I can get to Bonaire, even if it means loosing my DCA ticket and flying on another island hopper or chartering a boat. Look out Bonaire, we will be there end of September no matter what!
|By Michael McClurkin (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #6) on Monday, August 23, 2004 - 2:09 pm:|
Our trip from Miami -> Bonaire on DCA on 8/14 went off without a hitch; maybe we were just lucky.
Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites