BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: AA to the rescue
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2002-01-01 to 2002-10-27: AA to the rescue
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthony Spade on Thursday, January 3, 2002 - 12:46 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Believe it or not but I just made flight changes that are better than what I had. I was sceduled to fly EWR - SJN ---SJN - AUA --- AUA-Bon. Leaving Newark at 7 AM and arriving Bonaire 8:40 PM. Because they canceled the Aruba-Bonaire leg I was assigned the following. Leave Newark 10 AM arrive Bonaire 8 PM. They routed me this way EWR-SJN ---- SJN-BON. I have a three hour layover in San Juan. All this for $370 R/T. I leave Sunday the 13th for Bonaire and return on Wednesday the 23rd. So, bottom line I went from three stops to two and cut about four hours traveling time. Maybe for once I got lucky I'll know for sure when all is done. Tony S.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Al Schroedel on Friday, January 4, 2002 - 11:26 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Unless AA reinstates Aruba to Bonaire flight by June, looks like I've got an unanticipated problem on my hands. Used Delta Frequent Flier miles to book round trip to Aruba with plans to connect to American Eagle round trip Aruba to Bonaire. I can remember when I had a beautiful 4 hr direct ALM flight from Atlanta to Bonaire... SIGH... My frustration level in connecting to Bonaire is rising and, while I really don't want to, I think that I need to look for a new dive destination that offers a more convenient and reliable connection. Air Jamaica remains a dicey connection; my friends missed their return in Jamaica and had to stay over on what turned out to be an unnerving and potentially dangerous nite at a local hotel as some one attempted to break into their room.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthony Spade on Friday, January 4, 2002 - 12:26 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Well Al looks like you are going to have to make adjustments. The one positive out of this is at least you have some time to adjust. If it wasn't for the good people who frequent these boards I would have never known about the Aruba-Bonaire cancellation. My original tickets and scheduling was done through Orbitz but somehow AA never recieved my telephone number and were not going to be able to notify me (I gues mail is not an option). But---these nice people with a wealth of info and willingness to share hepled me out. When I first contacted AA they had me re-routed as follows (this will floor you) Newark-San Juan --- San Juan-Aruba --- Aruba-San Juan --- San Juan-Bonaire. I would have a marvelous day and night in the air thank you AA. Fortunately when the resevation agent at AA saw this obvious mistake she corrected it and set me up as stated in my earlier post. We both had good laugh (now) but I don't think I would have been laughing if I wound up with that re-routed fiasco. Good luck Al, I hope your re-scheduling is as successful as mine. Nine days to go I'm really getting antzy!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Al Schroedel on Friday, January 4, 2002 - 7:15 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Anthony, you might want to consider an online subscription to the Bonaire Reporter. Another good way to keep current on all the things Bonaire. Hope you enjoy your visit to Bonaire. I've been going for about 12 years now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Krebs on Saturday, January 5, 2002 - 10:26 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Anthony, glad I saw your post here. Leaving the same day for Bonaire and was scheduled for the Aruba leg too. Just got through with AA and got the same flight from San Juan, although I have a 6 hour layover. Just going to have to drink slow I guess! Thanks for posting!
Ken

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration