BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Beer At The Airport?
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2004-02-01 to 2004-08-15: Beer At The Airport?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Leonard (BonaireTalker - Post #57) on Monday, June 7, 2004 - 11:21 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi there, I am headed to Bonaire for my second trip this year, but my parents will be coming the day after I arrive. My dad has requested that I be waiting with a beer in hand once the doors past customs opens. *Can* I have open beer out in "public" at the airport? Sorry if this seems dumb, but open container laws in VA are pretty tough and I don't normally wander around carrying a beer, even on vacation. :D

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kelly Jo Lott (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1212) on Monday, June 7, 2004 - 11:48 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Larry, since the island is soooo small, maybe you could offer him a cold one when you get to your destination?? It shouldn't take more than a few minutes to get there.. or keep it in the cooler.. Just a thought....

Make him a big sign though that says "Welcome To Bonaire !" :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cynde (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #11278) on Monday, June 7, 2004 - 4:53 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hmmm...I've been known to take an open beer on the street in another country...(remember the Corona in PR Kelly? hee hee)...interesting question Larry...I'd be curious as well. Don't know if you can take alcohol out of the bar/restaruant...I think it's cute that your dad is excited about the trip Larry, and that you can share a beer together on the island:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wally and Eva (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #326) on Monday, June 7, 2004 - 7:53 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Just take a beer....let him open it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gregg brewer (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #550) on Monday, June 7, 2004 - 8:45 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I usually meet my visitors with rum punch in hand as they pass thru customs...never have had a problem

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Epley (BonaireTalker - Post #78) on Tuesday, June 8, 2004 - 7:32 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

On my first trip to Bonaire in 2000, my friends were waiting just outside the doors to customs with a cooler full of Amstel and a sign with my name on it. That was an island welcome, for sure.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Leonard (BonaireTalker - Post #58) on Tuesday, June 8, 2004 - 10:00 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

If anyone else is at the airport on the 8th I'll be the guy with 3 kids running around while I stand there with a sign (great idea) and a cooler of Amstel. :D

Thanks everyone!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kelly Jo Lott (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1221) on Tuesday, June 8, 2004 - 10:08 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

if you are the one arriving, the "Welcome to Bonaire your name here" is always a great way to start your vacation.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration