BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Recent AE Delays SJU-BON
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 1999-06-02 to 2001-12-31: Recent AE Delays SJU-BON
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Myers on Thursday, December 27, 2001 - 8:19 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I've been tracking the current timeliness of the nonstop AE flight SJU/BON (both "to" and "from"). Appears that there have been an inordinate number of departure delays from both airports and possibly even one cancellation in the past few days. Does anyone know the reason? Thanks for any insight.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By philip gelber on Monday, January 14, 2002 - 3:20 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

they involuntarily denied booking to 15 members of our flight from bon to sju on 1/12..."too much weight on board".....

american eagle sucks almost as much as alm, imho

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan on Monday, January 14, 2002 - 3:51 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

So how did u get to Bonaire, pray tell? I prefer JM all the way but sometimes I have to go AA. The AE from SJU is the pits and the time in both directions is worse..ughh..

Annie
Cape Cod

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Reem on Tuesday, January 15, 2002 - 12:59 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Obviously AE had plans for that 'too much weight' flight or they would not have had a plane there so soon! Not SOP. The islands are not the States and should be planned for as they are. Saves wear and tear on the blood vessels. Would have been nice to know what was happening. The uncommunicative counter personnel are a Bonaire feature for all airlines there; it extends to the staion managers sometimes. Why 3 flights: my AA/AE JFK-SJU-BON was 2 flights and 8 hours?

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration