BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Community Chat: The Humble Coffee Filter
The Humble Coffee Filter
| By ChicagoRandy (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1048) on Sunday, April 24, 2011 - 10:54 pm: |
1. Cover bowls or dishes when cooking in the microwave. Coffee filters make excellent covers.
2. Clean windows, mirrors, and chrome. Coffee filters are lint-free so they'll leave windows sparkling.
3. Protect China by separating your good dishes with a coffee filter between each dish.
4. Filter broken cork from wine. If you break the cork when opening a wine bottle, filter the wine through a coffee filter.
5. Protect a cast-iron skillet. Place a coffee filter in the skillet to absorb moisture and prevent rust.
6. Apply shoe polish. Ball up a lint-free coffee filter.
7. Recycle frying oil. After frying, strain oil through a sieve lined with a coffee filter.
8. Weigh chopped foods. Place chopped ingredients in a coffee filter on your kitchen scale.
9. Hold tacos. Coffee filters make convenient wrappers for messy foods.
10 Line a plant pot with a coffee filter to prevent the soil from going through the drainage holes.
11. Prevent a Popsicle from dripping. Poke one or two holes as needed in a coffee filter.
12. Put a few in a plate and put your fried bacon, French fries, chicken fingers, etc on them.. It soaks out all the grease.
13. Put baking soda into a coffee filter and insert into shoes or a closet to absorb or prevent odors.
14. Use them as a spoon rest while cooking and clean up small counter spills.
15. Use them to wrap Christmas ornaments for storage.
16. Use them to remove fingernail polish when out of cotton balls.
17. Use to sprout seeds. Dampen the coffee filter, place seeds inside, fold it and place it into a zip-lock plastic bag until they sprout.
18. Use as blotting paper for pressed flowers. Place the flowers between two coffee filters and put the coffee filters in phone book.
19. Use as a disposable "snack bowl" for popcorn, chips, etc.
20. OH YEAH -- THEY'RE ALSO GREAT TO USE IN YOUR COFFEE MAKERS.
| By Cecil* (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #8854) on Monday, April 25, 2011 - 7:44 am: |
#20, I tried that and it clogged my Keurig.
| By elaine sculley (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2128) on Monday, April 25, 2011 - 7:54 am: |
thanks chicago randy will try when needed
| By KIV ~ Kobi in Virginia (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #15042) on Monday, April 25, 2011 - 7:49 pm: |
Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites