Jenny and I arrived and are quickly settling in as well as coming to the conclusion that the decision to move to Bonaire was the best decision we could have possibly made.
I want to just thank some great people here, some of whom read BT, and some that don't (I think). If I leave somebody off this list, forgive me.
1. Anja from Sunbelt Realty, without a doubt the best real estate agent we could have hoped to find. Not only did she come in on a saturday to show us homes, she had 10+ houses that met our criteria ready and waiting for us to checkout immediately. Her service didn't stop there as she was always quick to answer any other questions we had in the moving and purchasing process (of which we had a quite a few since this was our first ever home purchase and in a foreign country to boot!) I would recommend Sunbelt to anyone just because of her.
2. Tish, for welcoming us with open arms to the island and answering countless questions during and after the moving process.
3. Agnes, for helping make my residency application process smooth and actually EASY. If it wasn't for her, I'd probably still be waiting in line or scratching my head wondering which building/office to go to next.
4. Jake, for the honest and solid advice on the most critical part of the move (for me) the internet service.
5. Eduard, our seller. I can not think of a better person to buy a house from, period. And for leaving the dsl turned on in the house, simply invaluable.
6. Daniel, formerly of Blue-Divers. The first person we ever met on Bonaire, and partly responsible for making us feel welcome and having such a good time that we just had to keep coming back.
7. Michael, great advice and well, enough has been said in other threads about how great this guy is. If you need anything, go to chat n browse.
8. Valerie at MCB, another great ex-patriot. Thanks for rushing my paperwork through.
9. Rocargo (Cheryll) and Amcar (Mercy), two great companies and employees that handled the transportation and importing of our belongings with professionalism and care. If you too have any concerns about entrusting all your material belongings that you actually care about with somebody else (as I did); relax, these companies/people do it right.
10. The other helpful people of BT that answered Jenny's questions in the moving to Bonaire thread.
Ok, this got longer than I had anticipated, there are just so many good people on Bonaire.
Thanks again and see you around the island.
Tim and Jenny